[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

guide is really well done. going to make a ranger and try this out. thank you
Hey neversink, my ranger is running drillneck, maligaros and atziri boots. This leave me not much room for resistance and i just barely manage to cap my resistance with triple resists on belt, ring and chest. My current tooltip dps on GMP tornado shot with 5 link is 15k and i believe this could bump up to 17k with the 6th link being a pierce gem. This however worry me as im running maps constsntly looking out for reflect pack and reflect maps are definite no go for me. Even a elemental reflect map i have to swap ring with minimum 3% life leech to survive. I am wondering if you are able to run reflect map (without atziri acuity). If so with what kind of set up? Dropping heralds n pick up grace might be an option but still the risk is always there. Im thinking of getting lightning coil but then i will have problem capping resistance
Hi Neversink's, I use your damage calc and just to help, I'm posting to say to you that I think I found a little bug in the new version, in cell X41 (Min Elemental Dmg), I think you forgot to add to the math the cell X6 (Min Fire Dmg), when I was using, I found a little difference and sorted that was that.

Thanks for making the build public, it's the single build that I have the most fun since I started to play the game =)
IGN: Atiradinha
"
KaXXoR wrote:
"
Malum95 wrote:
Current gear

tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsOSBUgFr8Zjh9BIXYi4iP2JP0lPyaVKgsqTSzpMHEwfDGeMfoylDWSNj051DpCOuE_J0fiSn1KyEt4TZJN41FHVUtW-luvXWhh4mKsY0NnoGyMbWxuqm_ycFJ293fXeOt9W311fwJ_K4bOh3aMNo19jb-VBZrxm42dqqCfpDmmV6bgpzSr0qxHr-u0xbVItfLAnMEzwuzKqdCB037UI9aK2L3ZxtqN3Q3dqOOE5wrnVO2D73ryRfPq_MX-j_66_94=

I havn't really played a life build in 2 challenge leagues and i'm not sure what to get on my flasks

I have 20k tooltip with my power charges(get them from attacking ;) 3) I don't really have any 20q gems yet like tornado/phys proj etc. And 4.6k life

And for atziri runs, the desync is much less than my lowlife ST using whirling blades to get around, which is fantastic. Mostly a breeze. However, I feel when I come to the queen herself, on my other character I would facetank with purities+ flask, for the regular flameblast and stormcall. Can't do this on my character ofcourse. But everytime I run out of it, im half a screen away and still hits me and im quite certain I'm clear from it. even did a recording, I have no packetloss 30-40ping on aussie server. and because im prepared and think i've evaded it it hits me for a large chunk w/o flasking. Not really sure what else to do lol.

EDIT: Meh just tried another run and was fine, although wouldve died twice in uber due to silly mistakes that i don't normaly do. Maybe it was the server was being poopy when I tried a couple days ago..anyway

Wow, so much dps o_O
How do you handle reflect ? I can't imagine anything else but insta gib on reflect with your build/gear.

I almost never die to reflect. It does about 1/3rd of my hp, generaly pop a jade and go full auto with codt (just 4red my maligaros for duration woot 3.5ex in chroms lol) and it almost never hits me, but it's just to be safe incase I get hit 3 times in a row and for some reason I don't have codt? idk anyway. =P

I avoid reflect mod on maps, as it's higher % than the mod on a rare + literaly every thing has the chance to reflect unto me. Im about 3/4 way to getting myself a pair of acuities (unless I find my own) other than that, the rare mobs don't scare me with reflect unless vuln curse i am very cautios.
Last edited by Malum95 on Oct 8, 2014, 1:10:36 AM
Can someone tell me what's wrong with the aspect of eagle circle? the points are pretty efficient imo. you basically pretend all nodes are 15% dmg and get free 20% acc, life, movespeed

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359df66u-PEotwVp9T-yOHboaQF-Zsm6NYyAed0BbWyGW1sjb_UI896Nj21SFFH-uswceOEnarz6gYjMHznVJUFkvPdqMCcYqxsjCoLH0F_K419JP3ZxgiJXkVLeKc0cFIDHtaKd9cj9v_eMpSa8TpCFr851Fb6TZJ_Al1oJpV296r4_MWm4MqpYeIx-qii3Q1noFVLoJ_B2CzpW6-Hdow2FSAhdkp9Kk2Gzj8nfVvBM0rIrEduqrXyqW41kio42L1RTMpKb57xs0tXwOOcpIcTdweDCQ==
[2.0] 5L Uber Viable Incinerate (1.4m Burst): The Zippo: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211719
"
mlvnk83 wrote:
Hey neversink, my ranger is running drillneck, maligaros and atziri boots. This leave me not much room for resistance and i just barely manage to cap my resistance with triple resists on belt, ring and chest. My current tooltip dps on GMP tornado shot with 5 link is 15k and i believe this could bump up to 17k with the 6th link being a pierce gem. This however worry me as im running maps constsntly looking out for reflect pack and reflect maps are definite no go for me. Even a elemental reflect map i have to swap ring with minimum 3% life leech to survive. I am wondering if you are able to run reflect map (without atziri acuity). If so with what kind of set up? Dropping heralds n pick up grace might be an option but still the risk is always there. Im thinking of getting lightning coil but then i will have problem capping resistance

You can see my equipment on the front page under the "my gear section" (also gems inside of the items).

There is also a section for how to deal with reflect.

The 3 things that allow surviving with reflect are:

1) Optimized flasks (Jade flask+Acuity)
2) Strong CWDT setup (quality IC helps a lot, ID is great too, if you can get a 4R item)
3) Have a decent HP pool

And yes I can run reflect maps. Unless the other mods are awesome (100%+ quantity or packsize etc), I usually still reroll those. However, I tend to vaal maps, so I'm still running the "bricked" maps.

Also I find elemental reflect more dangerous, since CWDT won't save you there (even if the damage is lower).

"
Hi Neversink's, I use your damage calc and just to help, I'm posting to say to you that I think I found a little bug in the new version, in cell X41 (Min Elemental Dmg), I think you forgot to add to the math the cell X6 (Min Fire Dmg), when I was using, I found a little difference and sorted that was that.

Thanks for making the build public, it's the single build that I have the most fun since I started to play the game =)

Thanks! I added the missing damage into the calculations.

"
guide is really well done. going to make a ranger and try this out. thank you

"
It always takes me a few tries to find my favorite build of the patch... This looks like its it. After leveling a righteous fire maurader and a flicker shadow I thought Id give this Ranger a try. Such a great guide. I really appreciate people who take the time to build a comprehensive build, even more so when leveling and other help is given in such detail. People like you make this game that much more fun. So as this was my third build this patch I was able to start with around 12exalted or so. My gear set up for my level 78 Ranger: I havent tried an Atziri run yet, might wait until around 82 or so. Gotta 5/6 link my bow as well...

Glad I could help.

"
I must say I'm a believer now. This chestpiece pretty much ensures I'm always at 3/3 endurance charges which is not only a nice defense boost but also gives a solid 4-5 sec immortal call when cwdt is triggered.
I removed enduring cry in favor for inc duration, since killing things is so easy the 3 charges are back before you even blink. On bosses (atziri) I would put it back in since then you don't do killing blows.

Resists was a bit more tricky to work out but I had some rings lying around. Also got a great corrupt on my atziri steps, WGRR, hatred, herald of ash, reduced mana and then herald of ice or a purity whatever the situation requires in the white socket.
My gear + gem setup:

I'm considering trying Daressos. More lifeleech, dodge chance and charges/onslaught sound like a nice deal (though, I assume we won't get Onslaught if IC triggers?).

However, the evasion is poor and the lifepool is not too high either.

I'll have to think about it and do some tests. I'll get back to you guys.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
Skyion wrote:
Can someone tell me what's wrong with the aspect of eagle circle? the points are pretty efficient imo. you basically pretend all nodes are 15% dmg and get free 20% acc, life, movespeed

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359df66u-PEotwVp9T-yOHboaQF-Zsm6NYyAed0BbWyGW1sjb_UI896Nj21SFFH-uswceOEnarz6gYjMHznVJUFkvPdqMCcYqxsjCoLH0F_K419JP3ZxgiJXkVLeKc0cFIDHtaKd9cj9v_eMpSa8TpCFr851Fb6TZJ_Al1oJpV296r4_MWm4MqpYeIx-qii3Q1noFVLoJ_B2CzpW6-Hdow2FSAhdkp9Kk2Gzj8nfVvBM0rIrEduqrXyqW41kio42L1RTMpKb57xs0tXwOOcpIcTdweDCQ==

They are inneffective. Taking this path instead of quickstep, is viable, but not optimal in my eyes

For investing 8 nodes you get:

47Pdmg
10% IAS
30 crit
20% accuracy

and some minor bonuses:

4% speed
15% reduced stun duration
10 life
30 dex

This is not too awesome.

The build packs enough accuracy without it and using Crit/acc/dex clusters is a better way to get more anyway. Getting more only increases the chance of getting hit by reflect.
There are several very weak nodes (6/2 nodes, dex nodes, stun recovery) that are not too impressive.

The damage/node ratio, is simply nowhere near heavy/deadly draw and we have enough damage already anyway.

Sure, I probably should've made the nodes "orange" on the picture, but in the end I find them very cost ineffective. And by the time you get the level to have everything you want in the tree, you will likely have enough DPS to one-shot most things anyway and would wish to have HP to survive reflect instead.

Finally about your build in general. Survivalist is OK, but I'm not amazed by it.

Your build somewhat lacks life imo. You also skipped the flask nodes on the left. I highly recommend using them. 60% flask boost is HUGE. This makes a difference in thousands when it comes to health regeneration.

Also you don't have any stat nodes. Getting that int is kind of hard, without super specific items. It's usually easier to get 2% mana leech from gear and take 1-2int nodes instead.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Oct 8, 2014, 7:00:38 AM
"
I'm considering trying Daressos. More lifeleech, dodge chance and charges/onslaught sound like a nice deal (though, I assume we won't get Onslaught if IC triggers?).

However, the evasion is poor and the lifepool is not too high either.

I'll have to think about it and do some tests. I'll get back to you guys.

With atziri steps it's 46% spell and physical dodge, really nice. The leech is also very nice but you lose some life and resists become harder to cap.

If I were to make this char again next league I would just roll rare boots AR/EVA for starters for easy 4R and easier resist capping. Then eventually go over to atziri steps once you get 110-130% res rings. But I would definitely use this chestpiece over lightning coil or atziri's splendour, not to mention daresso's costs less than lightning on average.

And indeed, if you hit reflect you do not get onslaught. Either the endurance charges are consumed first by immortal call or it doesn't trigger the onslaught at all, this is unsure. But you get 3/3 charges again so quickly, I almost always have 3/3 again when IC ends. Not to mention if you do get hit, since you can't get more evade than 95%, the onslaught is a nice boost for that bit of extra dps or extra movespeed to get away and distance yourself.

Also running CwdT, Increased duration lv19/20Q, immortal call 13Q and enfeeble 20Q, gives 4-5second immunity to physical and a sweet reduction in enemy damage, crit and accuracy.
Is it worth to craft multiple mods on this bow ?

worth it or not?
Quick question on the merits or not of the three point Celerity wheel.. again, it "seems" to me that the evasion and move speed bonus there would be very desirable... but obviously I'm missing something here... I'm assuming this is another case of "not efficient enough" for the points, or unnecessary in the build as it stands.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info