[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Can someone share their experiences of using Lightning Arrow/Ice Shot/Split arrow as their main clearing ability? Do they clear at similar speeds to Tornado Shot?

I'd really like to make the switch from Tornado shot to either LA or SA, but it'd mean replacing my Drillneck, regretting out of pierce nodes and buying a LA/SA and Chain gem... so I'd like to know if the change will be for better or worse.
Last edited by Swaggerz on Aug 6, 2015, 12:58:41 PM
Guys, Is frenzy better or Puncture for Atziri split stage. I tried atziri 3 times but i can't get past the split stage before my pots don't run out, I manage to dodge most of the stuff and do pretty decent but i can do better if my dps was better. Currently at 22k puncture DPS without frenzy charges (5L). I can clear vaal, trio and atziri easily but the split stage gets tough. So i was thinking of trying frenzy over puncture, as i will be able to get frenzy charges and boost my dps while fighting the split atziri stage. So, Frenzy or Puncture?
Hey, returning player here, don't really know too much depth into this game but since the new patch, how are you guys running your buffs/auras? (Heralds/Hatred) since reduce mana doesn't work anymore. ATM I'm running Herald of Ash and Hatred. Also can someone take a look at my 72 Ranger (sunderingchick) and give me some tips and/or upgrade ideas? I'm looking into farming Atziri soon. Any help would be great.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Rezyn wrote:
This is my Ranger from the post right above

Oh wow, I see why you have such low resists ;-)
Try and get as much resists as possible on rings/ammy/boots/armor/belt.
Don't buy new Helmet/Gloves, because you'll want to max resists without em so you can upgrade those to Rat's Nest/Maligaro's in the near future.

Also your bow is pretty bad at just 150pdps. You'd even be better of using Death's Harp atm. But since you said damage is not an issue, lets focus on resists first.

PM me ingame @Fritso_Archer. I may have some stuff for you for free. I'll be happy to help you on your way to having max resists.

Thanks man I really appreciate the feedback and insight, I will def shoot you a note in game.

Looks like I can get a decent bow for relatively cheap in game until I try and get a 6L, that's when the price skyrockets. I may go for another 5L until I can farm some more orbs or something(or maybe get super lucky and find one)

"
Fritso wrote:
You can replace EC with another defensive curse like Enfeeble or Temporal Chains.
In stead of going full phys damage you could try the route using the popular Physical to Lightning + Weapon ele Damage route in your TS setup. You need the Pierce gem because of drillneck, so try:
TS - GMP - PPAD - PtL - WED - Pierce.
So drop Added Fire, and Faster Attacks. This will give you a DPS boost, and allow you to apply shock for even more damage. Just see how you like it.

thank u for ur advice:) will try now
Last edited by Vulcanic00 on Aug 6, 2015, 2:35:41 PM
"
PreEnabled wrote:
Hey, returning player here, don't really know too much depth into this game but since the new patch, how are you guys running your buffs/auras? (Heralds/Hatred) since reduce mana doesn't work anymore. ATM I'm running Herald of Ash and Hatred. Also can someone take a look at my 72 Ranger (sunderingchick) and give me some tips and/or upgrade ideas? I'm looking into farming Atziri soon. Any help would be great.

Your gear is decent but the jewellery is the weak link atm. The amulet is like an empty slot tbh. Medium-term goals could be to swap to a rare leather belt and get Maligaro's for the glove slot.

Quivers tend to be cheap so it shouldn't be hard to get one with both better dps stats and 90+ life for <1 exalt.

Biggest but by far the most expensive upgrade will come from swapping your bow to a 6L Harbinger with high DPS and crit.

Don't forget your flasks. Spend a few alterations to roll them properly.

Not having a high evasion chest and gloves is hurting you a bit but I don't think that's very urgent to upgrade.

I don't know how much life you have but you should be able to kill Atziri with that gear. If you have less than 4.5k you will have to be good at dodging in the split phase though. For a bow char like this one, it's more about knowing the fight. You don't need much gear.

edit: Regarding Auras.

I run Hatred + Herald of Ash most of the time.
For Ele Weakness maps I swap out the Herald for Purity.
You could even swap Hatred for Grace if you thought it would help, but I seriously doubt the evasion boost without aura effectiveness is worth the massive DPS loss.

Reduced Mana is useless now but you can use an Enlighten gem to slightly reduce the cost. However, you don't tend to have many links leftover with phys rangers, and it won't enable you to run an extra.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
Last edited by Sotto_voce on Aug 6, 2015, 2:49:00 PM
Where can I get pierce from? I checked the wiki and don't think its accurate. The vendor it says who sells it doesn't have it when I check their stock. I have never seen one drop either.

I checked other vendors just to see and none seem to have it . =/
"
Rezyn2501 wrote:
Where can I get pierce from? I checked the wiki and don't think its accurate. The vendor it says who sells it doesn't have it when I check their stock. I have never seen one drop either.

I checked other vendors just to see and none seem to have it . =/

You don't need the Pierce gem. It's only usefull if you're using the Drillneck quiver which you aren't.
"
Sotto_voce wrote:
"
PreEnabled wrote:

Your gear is decent but the jewellery is the weak link atm. The amulet is like an empty slot tbh. Medium-term goals could be to swap to a rare leather belt and get Maligaro's for the glove slot.

Quivers tend to be cheap so it shouldn't be hard to get one with both better dps stats and 90+ life for <1 exalt.

Biggest but by far the most expensive upgrade will come from swapping your bow to a 6L Harbinger with high DPS and crit.

Don't forget your flasks. Spend a few alterations to roll them properly.

Not having a high evasion chest and gloves is hurting you a bit but I don't think that's very urgent to upgrade.

I don't know how much life you have but you should be able to kill Atziri with that gear. If you have less than 4.5k you will have to be good at dodging in the split phase though. For a bow char like this one, it's more about knowing the fight. You don't need much gear.

edit: Regarding Auras.

I run Hatred + Herald of Ash most of the time.
For Ele Weakness maps I swap out the Herald for Purity.
You could even swap Hatred for Grace if you thought it would help, but I seriously doubt the evasion boost without aura effectiveness is worth the massive DPS loss.

Reduced Mana is useless now but you can use an Enlighten gem to slightly reduce the cost. However, you don't tend to have many links leftover with phys rangers, and it won't enable you to run an extra.

Thanks alot, this is basically exactly what I needed. In terms on my rings and ammy yea I agree they are fairly weak. I'm going to need to farm up a bit more before I can upgrade. As for my rings and ammy, they're the only thing keeping my res up atm, but I do believe I'll need a new quiver and a chest piece with tri res or something in order to fill in some of the missing res, if i swap my rings and ammy.

I thought doryani's was the end game belt to have? I know my stats on the belt are a bit low :P

I have never done Atrizi before so I'll have to practice a bit and I think im only around 3k life since im only lvl 72 and I even have a belly of beast on xD
Last edited by PreEnabled on Aug 6, 2015, 4:46:48 PM
"
PreEnabled wrote:

Thanks alot, this is basically exactly what I needed. In terms on my rings and ammy yea I agree they are fairly weak. I'm going to need to farm up a bit more before I can upgrade. As for my rings and ammy, they're the only thing keeping my res up atm, but I do believe I'll need a new quiver and a chest piece with tri res or something in order to fill in some of the missing res, if i swap my rings and ammy.

I thought doryani's was the end game belt to have? I know my stats on the belt are a bit low :P

I have never done Atrizi before so I'll have to practice a bit and I think im only around 3k life since im only lvl 72 and I even have a belly of beast on xD

Doryani belt has nice res but you're missing out on ~140hp compared with a well rolled leather belt.
The damage boost from a Doryani is almost insignificant imo.

Your rings are okay but the amulet isn't doing much for you outside of saving you a couple of stat nodes. Try to get one with life and much more crit multi. Flat phys is nice to have but more of a luxury. Your amulet currently has no res: if you can make up some there, you can use Maligaro's gloves which are a big DPS boost.

With 3K HP I guess you've specced into the DPS nodes before the defensive ones. You might want to level up first and get more HP cause I think you probably want around 4k to be comfortable.

edit: I remembered you are using Lioneye's Glare - so crit multi is a bit less useful to you for now, but once you get a high crit chance bow it will be the #1 DPS booster.
IGN: Mezzovoce
Shop: 958901
GMT (London)
Last edited by Sotto_voce on Aug 6, 2015, 5:04:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info