[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

what do you mean? as in scour your bow then start from scratch? Don't destroy something that you're actually using as that can only end in heartache. I would however recommend buying a new ilvl77+ white harbinger for a few chaos, pref with a high implicit already so you wouldn't have to bless it, then start crafting it. Also dont forget to 6socket and link it first before you start crafting. GL
"
what do you mean? as in scour your bow then start from scratch? Don't destroy something that you're actually using as that can only end in heartache. I would however recommend buying a new ilvl77+ white harbinger for a few chaos, pref with a high implicit already so you wouldn't have to bless it, then start crafting it. Also dont forget to 6socket and link it first before you start crafting. GL

No no gonna keep my current one ofc :)
The problem is actually all the crafting, 6 socket, 5L, alt/regal until you get a roll and Divine for the last mods.
Pretty expensive for me :P
Will it be worth it to go for as I dont have a lot of currency...

Do you need to just have 1 mod on the blue before Regal or could I also go with Alt for flat phys and crit + regal + elreon lvl 8 mod = 2mods left instead of 3?
Last edited by ressiv on Sep 26, 2014, 6:21:04 AM
"
ressiv wrote:
"

The problem is actually all the crafting, 6 socket, 5L, alt/regal until you get a roll and Divine for the last mods.

Do you need to just have 1 mod on the blue before Regal or could I also go with Alt for flat phys and crit + regal + elreon lvl 8 mod = 2mods left instead of 3?

depends really if it has 2 mods that you need then you can regal it but it's best to regal a 1 mod blue. Crafting btw will use a lot of currency. I used around 500 alts, 20 regals, 20 scours, and a bunch of transmutes/augments when I crafted my bow.
Last edited by TheDioscuri on Sep 26, 2014, 6:33:09 AM
"
"
ressiv wrote:
"

depends really if it has 2 mods that you need then you can regal it but it's best to regal a 1 mod blue. Crafting btw will use a lot of currency. I used around 500 alts, 20 regals, 20 scours, and a bunch of transmutes/augments when I crafted my bow.

Ok hmmm, I might just try to go with it before socketing and linking it.
Just using all the trans/augs/alts/regals I find and see if I can get lucky.
Yeah, have fun with it man. Hope you get lucky like I did, GL! :)
Just a couple of questions regarding crafting procedure.

I don't understand why it's better to use Aleration Orbs for adding just 1 mod and afterwards using Regal Orb for adding 2nd which, if i understand correctly, would lead to a 2-mod rare item? Plase confirm it.

Why not use Alterations together with Augumentations and afterwards Regal into 3-mod rare item? Afterwards, use the lvl8 multiple craft mod and then add two mods more.

Can someone please explain that?
"
Sidhee wrote:
Just a couple of questions regarding crafting procedure.

I don't understand why it's better to use Aleration Orbs for adding just 1 mod and afterwards using Regal Orb for adding 2nd which, if i understand correctly, would lead to a 2-mod rare item? Plase confirm it.

Why not use Alterations together with Augumentations and afterwards Regal into 3-mod rare item? Afterwards, use the lvl8 multiple craft mod and then add two mods more.

Can someone please explain that?

The odds of getting Flaring prefix + decent suffix are MUCH higher, than the odds of getting Flaring + decent suffix + another decent mod. Sure, you save currency when adding 2-nd mod with Augmentation Orb but you save 26 alteration orbs only (assuming regal:alteration ratio), and you STILL have to get +1 decent mod from using a regal on 2-affix blue.

Generally speaking, you MAY get a better item using Augmentation+Regal, but using only alteration+regal combo, you will spend (in average) much less currency for a decent result.

Mod pool on bows also plays against "augmentation-regal" scenario. Bow suffixes arent really amazing (if compared to other weapons). Bows can roll no more than 13% AS (while other weapons can roll up to 27%), and "increased critical strike chance" mod isnt so strong too (due to being additive with implicit mod). And when using augmentation-regal combo, you can get prefixes too. They can be good (160% increased damage, for example), but usually, they will be lackluster mods like 10% elemental damage.

I've crafted
using non-linked white. I spend less than 1 exalted worth of currency TOTAL on it (though, i was lucky to 5-link it with 7 fusings). Still, even aside from linking, it was insanely cheap, i recommend EVERYONE who doesnt have a decent bow, craft the one until you can do it cheap (until craft-fucking Monday patch)
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 26, 2014, 8:35:38 AM
yes, mortalkombat is right. Alt + aug + regal = you need to get lucky twice. Alt + regal = you only need to get lucky once.

@mortalkombat Grats on the bow btw. turned out really nice :)

does anyone know if its worth to craft this bow any further? if yes then yolo regal or yolo aug?
Last edited by dEus__ on Sep 26, 2014, 2:16:41 PM
Fantastic build love it, just managed to down Atziri for my first ever time so pretty stoked about that however I'm unsure what to change now to get more damage:

Puncture: 22k
Tornado Shot: 14k

Any help would be appreciated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info