[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

saga, i think you should get 6L (a bow or a chest, im with lionseye too and its fine, so i guess a chest maybe?)
try using the combo TS-FA-GMP-physical to lightning-added fire-weapon ele dmg,
im getting around 15K DPS with lionseye and not lvl 20 gems with that setup, only thing hard is to keep ur mp up(cause most of ur dmg comes from ele and physical mana leech doesnt work as good as before),
i'd just test it with tabula to see what fits to me,

hey guys, i want to improve my equipment also, any tips :D

i have maybe 5extra exalts, thinking about dropping the boots so i can get resistances on new boots and changing the rings/amulet... what u guys think?
"
Hi Fritso

Thanks for the fast feedback. No i never tryed frenzy. with atziri i had no problems with ts. there i dont need puncture. But in the splitphase ts isnt possible.
so i need only change puncture with frenzy? then i buy this evening one and give it a try.
I have 17 sets to run.
whats about poison arrow. I used one for lvl and tryed one in splitphase, but i seems it makes not so much dmg like puncture.

Never tried Poison Arrow, so can't help you with that one.
For Frenzy you want as many damage link gems as possible. I get my max damage when using the following links:
Frenzy -> PPAD -> Phys-to-Lightning -> WED -> Added Fire -> 6th link is up to you, probably Increased Crit Chance/Damage or Faster Attacks.

Good luck, and let me know how it turned out!
"
Saga1234 wrote:
Hi so yesterday I got lucky and got a Mjollnir drop and got 50ex for it so I'm looking to upgrade.

I've been mainly looking at 350 pDPS Harbinger bows and using the calculator but very few have more DPS than my Lionseye, even ones costing 20ex are only ~500 DPS better. Right now I'm at 9600 TS DPS buffed (10500 with Promise). So I'm wondering what's the best course of action in terms of upgrading.

Thanks

I agree with Erani on this one, buy yourself a 6L chest. That will give you the best damage increase.

As for the links to use, I also mostly agree with Erani, but switch out faster attacks for Physical Projectile Attack Damage. You can't beat 49% MORE phys damage. I honestly don't know why people would ever choose FA over PPAD.

@Erani, yeah, I'd probably use the 5ex to replace the Two-Stone ring for a nice Diamond ring. Also, you know you have a mod open on your Amulet right? Use it ;-) Or, if you have currency left, get a better ammy with higher crit multi/chance, and maybe even flat phys.

Cheers

Will do guys, thanks
fristo - im kinda new to the all crafting thingy, got no clue how to craft i think i just bought the necklace and trying to buy a new one as we speak :p,
ye true, forgot about physical projectile damage which is great, also, i think dropping faster attacks will lead to less MP use and will actually help u output more damage.

"
Deltoramastr wrote:
so this may have already been asked but are you going to update the skill tree for the new beta tree? or is this build even viable in its current set up with the new changes?

I won't be updating the guide or the tree for the beta version. The game changes too fast and I want players to try out their own build during beta. I'll update it once the changes are finalised.

However, I already played the build once (normal and windripper) during a beta period and will likely do so again during one of the last beta runs.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jun 12, 2015, 10:30:12 AM
"
erani wrote:
saga, i think you should get 6L (a bow or a chest, im with lionseye too and its fine, so i guess a chest maybe?)
try using the combo TS-FA-GMP-physical to lightning-added fire-weapon ele dmg,
im getting around 15K DPS with lionseye and not lvl 20 gems with that setup, only thing hard is to keep ur mp up(cause most of ur dmg comes from ele and physical mana leech doesnt work as good as before),
i'd just test it with tabula to see what fits to me,

hey guys, i want to improve my equipment also, any tips :D

i have maybe 5extra exalts, thinking about dropping the boots so i can get resistances on new boots and changing the rings/amulet... what u guys think?

Would get Crit Chance on the Amulet first with Master Craft, I think it's actually not a bad once although I would prefer an Onyx/Agate/Amber base since we need STR/INT for Gems.

I do think PPAD is a strong choice but I prefer FA since my Bow has a good amount of pDPS already and I can clear pretty quickly with TS-GMP-FA-WED-PTL-PCOC. In your case with Lioneye's attack speed I think PPAD is the stronger choice.

I would also look for some kind of gear with at least RRR so you can get IC in there too. Survivability goes up immensely. Worst case scenario you can RRR Vorici a piece of Eva Gear, even if you get a G socket left over you can put a high Level Blink Arrow in there.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 12, 2015, 12:27:16 PM
"
Fritso wrote:
"
PHxLoki wrote:
So has anyone else tried using Maligaro's Restraint and swapping Herald of Ice for Herald of Thunder? You become super glass cannon, but the damage is ridiculous. If you're just farming lower maps (like 71 and lower) the clear speed is better. Only issue are reflect mobs, but with a Granite Flask and some solid evasion it doesn't matter.

The belt I'm referring to for those who don't know what it is.

From what I gathered if you crit with lightning damage, they are 100% going to get shocked. Shocked enemies take like 50%-60% more damage (I forgot the exact percentage). If you shock an enemy, with this belt the user also gets shocked. So you take more damage as well. You also get 60% more damage while you are shocked, so it's sorta doubling up on the shock bonus. Shock also lasts twice as long with this belt so there isn't much of an issue sustaining (meaning, keeping yourself shocked) so long as you have decent crit chance.

I dunno, I doubt it's viable for higher maps, you just get 1 shot by anything that touches you. But it's super fun to run in lower maps.

And, as an added benefit, the belt gives a cool shield orb thing and a purple electric ring .. thing.. to your character. Looks awesome.

Your clearspeed increase isn't coming from the shock applied by Herald of Thunder, because it cannot apply shock. It's listed in the Gem discription.

You using the Phys-to-Lightning gem? That would probably cause the synergy with the 60% increased damage from this belt. Though I wouldn't advise using this belt, because reflect becomes an even bigger issue than it already is for this build.

Try linking Elemental Proliferation to your Herald of Ash instead of running Herald of Ice or Thunder. That should give you a big clearspeed increase, and is a lot saver.

Cheers

The "Cannot apply shock" on Herald of Thunder only applies to the on-kill effect, and not the attack/spell damage modifiers.
IGN: TaylorSwiftVEVO
"
PeakingDuck wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
PHxLoki wrote:
So has anyone else tried using Maligaro's Restraint and swapping Herald of Ice for Herald of Thunder? You become super glass cannon, but the damage is ridiculous. If you're just farming lower maps (like 71 and lower) the clear speed is better. Only issue are reflect mobs, but with a Granite Flask and some solid evasion it doesn't matter.

The belt I'm referring to for those who don't know what it is.

From what I gathered if you crit with lightning damage, they are 100% going to get shocked. Shocked enemies take like 50%-60% more damage (I forgot the exact percentage). If you shock an enemy, with this belt the user also gets shocked. So you take more damage as well. You also get 60% more damage while you are shocked, so it's sorta doubling up on the shock bonus. Shock also lasts twice as long with this belt so there isn't much of an issue sustaining (meaning, keeping yourself shocked) so long as you have decent crit chance.

I dunno, I doubt it's viable for higher maps, you just get 1 shot by anything that touches you. But it's super fun to run in lower maps.

And, as an added benefit, the belt gives a cool shield orb thing and a purple electric ring .. thing.. to your character. Looks awesome.

Your clearspeed increase isn't coming from the shock applied by Herald of Thunder, because it cannot apply shock. It's listed in the Gem discription.

You using the Phys-to-Lightning gem? That would probably cause the synergy with the 60% increased damage from this belt. Though I wouldn't advise using this belt, because reflect becomes an even bigger issue than it already is for this build.

Try linking Elemental Proliferation to your Herald of Ash instead of running Herald of Ice or Thunder. That should give you a big clearspeed increase, and is a lot saver.

Cheers

The "Cannot apply shock" on Herald of Thunder only applies to the on-kill effect, and not the attack/spell damage modifiers.

You're right. Thanks for clarifying.
"
Saga1234 wrote:
Hi so yesterday I got lucky and got a Mjollnir drop and got 50ex for it so I'm looking to upgrade.

I've been mainly looking at 350 pDPS Harbinger bows and using the calculator but very few have more DPS than my Lionseye, even ones costing 20ex are only ~500 DPS better. Right now I'm at 9600 TS DPS buffed (10500 with Promise). So I'm wondering what's the best course of action in terms of upgrading.

Thanks

Looking at your gear I'd say you should upgrade your chest, rings, and amulet first before you get a new bow. Lioneye's Glare is just fine. Rings you want resists and phys dmg (not ele dmg). Amulet needs crit on it and preferably phys dmg. I'd recommend getting a 6-link chest as well - if you have the exalts a 6 link Daresso's can be pretty sweet. Otherwise any eva chest with resists and life work. You could also drop 5 or so exalts on a solid Drillneck quiver, but that's only something you'd do if you had 100% pierce.
He who does not do x will never accomplish y.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info