[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

hi, i wanna improve my gear abit, i have budget of about 8exalts... any ideas what i should upgrade first? where is the most needed improvement?, thanks in advance,
"
imabang318 wrote:
text

um, i think that the 1k evasion diffrence between the chests isnt matched to the 6% dodge the armour+evasion gives u - which in total is higher evasion+dodge rate (i dont really know how to caculte them together, but thats my guess).

plus the perma endurance charges...
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Daresso's Defiance is such an underated chest imo. It will be even more useful in 2.0 after the changes to CWDT.
"
hi, i wanna improve my gear abit, i have budget of about 8exalts... any ideas what i should upgrade first? where is the most needed improvement?, thanks in advance,

5-Link that chest or bow, also Drillneck (4-6exa) is quite an addition.
Last edited by modrek_ on Jun 4, 2015, 5:33:32 PM
Hey guys,

in a 6L what is best?

I know Neversink say its TS-GMP-PhyPDmg-FA-Crit Dmg and Add Fire.

But i see lots of ppl using Power Charge on Crit.

And i see some people using Power Charge on Crit and Weapon Elemental Dmg.

You guys have any pointers about it?

Thanks in advance.
Think it's mostly gonna be a combination of preference and what gear you have access to. The first three links are always gonna be TS-GMP-FA in this patch imo.

The rest of the links heavily depends on what you wanna do and what gear you have access to, as well as the playstyle of the guide writer and you. I tried Pierce for a long time, playing with Drillneck since Torment. But recently I've switched to Kaom's Heart with the help of ~100 Strength on my gear as well as STR nodes, for better survivability, and more importantly, because my Bow is high enough pDPS such that I can use solely Tornado Shot during mapping for same clear speed (388 pDPS).

I prefer the GGGBBR setup with TS-GMP-FA-PCoC-WED-PtL simply because it has the highest damage output, and have adjusted my Passives to support it. My main recently switched to the Iron Reflexes RangerJayson's build for sole mapping or dom rotting, and not Atziri. So my preference and what I wanna do is driving how I build my Ranger in this case. If I wanted to go back to farming Atziri (not recommended in Standard since it has awful returns), then I'd probably pick Neversink's Passive Tree and go from there, especially because I know that it works and it's a great build. However, because of the increased number of life nodes and defensive nodes, I would be hesitant to put PCoC in my Bow and may revert to GGGGBR or GGGGBB because PCoC isn't "maximized."
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 4, 2015, 9:09:56 PM
"
sdfesdfe wrote:
I don't understand. My bow has 0.85 of his bow's dps, my gems are all lvl 18-19 and yet i hit 1/3 of what he hits. I hit like 10 times or even more to one of the four Atziri's to kill it. Why? Gem quality can't affect that much.

What blows my mind is there are other TS'ers with 110k dps. WTF?

you should aim for high implicit crit on your bow, more than 8% at least. also check if you are running heralds and hatred, and check your passive tree.

if it's low dps most likely it's your implicit crit, or your jewellery/quiver lack crits.

also don't worry too much about dps. 30-40k tornado shot dps is more than good enough for everything in this game currently. anymore and you risk one-shotting yourself to reflect. don't stress out about that glyph mark as well, you really don't need it.
Last edited by ooopah on Jun 4, 2015, 10:13:55 PM
having played both drillneck-pierce and non-drillneck for quite a while, i have the following remarks:

1. drillneck only works when you have a 6L. even a 5L is not enough to bring out the power of drillneck. neversink said so himself.

2. even with a 6L, drillneck doesn't provide much of a dps boost over a good rare spike-point quiver. you clear open areas slightly quicker, but your single target dps is lower as well. in close areas such as torture chamber map the damage from heralds will do the job that pierce does good enough and you won't even notice the pierce gem.

3. hence, i won't call using a drillneck an "upgrade", it's only a different way of playing. if you are looking to really upgrade your gear, make drillneck your last option.

all in all i like this guide for its prioritising of defences, explanation of mechanics and gear, and thorough walkthrough. but i have to bring out the point that a drillneck isn't so much an "upgrade" than a "different way of playing".
"
cyryc wrote:
Hey guys,

in a 6L what is best?

I know Neversink say its TS-GMP-PhyPDmg-FA-Crit Dmg and Add Fire.

But i see lots of ppl using Power Charge on Crit.

And i see some people using Power Charge on Crit and Weapon Elemental Dmg.

You guys have any pointers about it?

Thanks in advance.

I party agree with AllSunsDawn on this one, that it is mostly based on personal preference and the skill tree you are using.

Where I disagree is with the first three links, which as I see should always be TS-GMP-PPAD. 49% more phys damage can simply not be beat (that is if you are using a phys bow, and not Windripper). Faster attacks is probably only going to hurt you when used over other gems, because each shot costs more mana, whilst it doesn't do more damage and therefore leech more mana. So you'll probably run into mana problems there. FA can however greatly increase your clearspeed if you're already one-shotting mobs, and e.g. have instant leech with Acuity.

Last three links are personal preference, but I found my max dps and clearspeed came from using TS-GMP-PPAD-PtL-WED-Added Fire.

Why:
- PPAD-PtL-WED-Added Fire all compliment eachother, and increase their effect.
- No PCoC, because powercharges can be build another way, like with CoH-Herald of Thunder
- No Increased Crit Damage, since it has been greatly nerfed in patch 1.3, so it isn't that usefull anymore.
- PtL is awesome because it allows you to apply shock with the initial arrows which always pierce, whilst the secondary arrows, which shotgun will hit for 50% increased damage because of the initial shock effect. So actual damage is a lot higher than tooltip dps.
- Did I mention the synergy between PtL and WED is CRAZY good! In my case TS-GMP-PPAD gives me 21kdps. If I add PtL, I go to 27kdps (30% damage increase). Now, if I add WED it skyrockets to 40k which is a 50% damage increase!

My best advice however would be to experiment yourself. Get a Tabula Rasa, and experiment the sh*t out of all gem combinations, and use the one you like best.

Also, once you start noticing you die a lot to random reflect packs it may be time to spec into Vaal Pact, and put in Life Leech in your 6th socket. Unless you've got the currency to get Acuity of course. I've never died since using VP+Life Leech, and I can now even run phys or ele reflect maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info