[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
jaljal wrote:
I wanted to ask for some advice about what gear I should get first, cause atm I got around 7ex budget (so thats kinda low) and wanted to get myself either Doryani's Invitation, Rat's Nest and either 5link my bow or get Maligaro's Virtuosity if my budget will hold it (or get a harbringer for the whole price). Or should I get smt else first

My gear atm

Spoiler

got also

Spoiler

waiting in stash

So thx in advance for any tips ;]

Get a Rat's Nest first. You can easily spend 1ex or less on a good version. All useful affixes on it for the build.

Get the Phys Doryani's next. The life boost and flat damage is nice from Meginord's, but eventually Doryani's offers more DPS potential, and the tri-res is great for freeing up space on other gear slots. You can find a solid (25%+)Phys belt for 1-2 ex.

After those, pretty much all of your gear is on the table. The good news is if you plan out your upgrades, you can get a lot of deals for chaos rather than exalted.

You can get a solid 250+ pDPS Harbinger Bow for 1-2 ex. This is plenty serviceable until you perfect the rest of your gear, at which point you can go all out for a top-end bow.

I would look for a chest piece with 40%+ dual res, or 25-30%+ tri-res, at least 80 max life, and at minimum 900+ evasion. This can cost anywhere from 1 chaos (with work required for sockets/links) up to an exalted or two (higher rolls, 6 socketed already, etc).

I would look for a quiver with 2% mana leech, decent life, and a good crit chance roll. Mana leech on your gear frees up 3 passive points that can be used for a better purpose. Crit multi, elemental damage, flat damage, or resistances are bonuses.

Alternatively, you could search for gloves/rings/amulet with mana leech instead. I've found quivers are generally an easier spot to get mana leech though.

I would look for decent Diamond rings for the crit chance implicit, and fill it out with life/resists as necessary. Offensive mods (flat damage/accuracy) are great if you can afford them.

If you're patient and plan ahead, you can upgrade nearly all of your gear with the 7 ex available (plus whatever you have in chaos).
"
Novarg wrote:
Guys what mods should i add to this bow (got 8lvl elreon)

I'm not sure that's worth spending 2 exalts to multi-mod. You already have 2 suffixes in the dex and mana gain. Muti-mod takes up the 3rd slot, so you can't put crit chance or attack speed on there. You can put the flat physical damage, and a second prefix from Tora, which honestly she doesn't have many spectacular options past the flat damage. I would use it as-is, and save up for/craft a better option for multi-modding.

Do you think I should eternal this before trying to craft further?

Also does anyone have the link for bow prefix/suffix? I saw it in this thread but cant find it again now, must be more than 10 pages back.

Thanks.
menu game / item in top of page, or poemods.com
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Karathez wrote:

Do you think I should eternal this before trying to craft further?

Also does anyone have the link for bow prefix/suffix? I saw it in this thread but cant find it again now, must be more than 10 pages back.

Thanks.

Yes, you should.

As Panini said, poemods.com will give you the breakdown of what mods can appear on a bow. The items page on this website will let you know the ranges (http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data).
I was following another build but I recently got my hands on items that were good for this build so I decided to follow it instead, I have 2 wrong paths and only 11 points to remove, which path do you recommend me to remove?

Mana path:

Or your "Don't do it" path:

"
sumusiko wrote:
I was following another build but I recently got my hands on items that were good for this build so I decided to follow it instead, I have 2 wrong paths and only 11 points to remove, which path do you recommend me to remove?

Mana path:

Or your "Don't do it" path:

The mana path without a doubt.

The "don't do it" path is not as efficient as taking other nodes, but it's still beneficial to the build if you're stuck with it for now.

The mana path offers you almost nothing.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Mar 4, 2015, 3:26:46 PM
Remove that mana path, too expensive for what it's worth.

it's too bad this notable is in the middle of nowhere, it's great to solve mana issue during leveling (but well, now we have elreon rings & amu, so who cares...)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
jaljal wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
jaljal wrote:
I wanted to ask for some advice about what gear I should get first, cause atm I got around 7ex budget (so thats kinda low) and wanted to get myself either Doryani's Invitation, Rat's Nest and either 5link my bow or get Maligaro's Virtuosity if my budget will hold it (or get a harbringer for the whole price). Or should I get smt else first

My gear atm

Spoiler

got also

Spoiler

waiting in stash

So thx in advance for any tips ;]

Hey you forgot to link your chest :) anyways I would do something like this.

1) I would keep Lioneye's Glare for the time being. Hits cannot be evaded is annoying with reflect, but on the other hand it gives you increased critical chance from 100% accuracy (if you don't know what I am talking about read up on how a critical hit is landed in PoE :) ). I personally find the bow a bit annoying with reflect, but since you are using it I assume you find it okay! :)

2) I would buy Rat's Nest. Buy a good rolled example, so you don't have to buy a new one later and can't sell the old poop version you bought to save an exalt. I would use 2 exalt on a very good roll if I were you. Also don't ignore the rarity roll, since this roll over time generates wealth for you (vendor those rares -> 440 alts -> exalts. Yummy).

3) Since you lose resists from your helmet I would buy Doryani's Invitation (try to get as high of a phys roll as possible).

4) You need to buy / find new cast when damage taken, enduring cry and immortal call. They should not be leveled as high as you did. Google it and learn the mechanic. Also cast when damage taken triggers the gems in a certain order, so your setup should be like this:

upper left gem = CWDT
upper right gem = enduring cry
lower right gem = immortal call
lower left gem = increased duration

5) I would in general search poe.trade for cheap solid rares to raise your hp / resists and evasion. Then start saving up for an expensive harbinger bow :) You should be able descent items for a total of 1 exalt (2 rings, amulet and a chest).

6) Maligaro's is cool, but if you really cannot afford it you can use poor mans maligaro's = http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Facebreaker. Only worth it if you have a high crit chance though. Buy the cheapest you can find for 1 chaos or something.

Sorry for double post but what chestpiece do u think I should take :)

Your chest has the right stats, but they are not high enough. Your goal is to maxed at resistance at 75%. If this goal is achieved you should aim for as high evasion and hp as possible. If you have trouble with being capped at 75% your chest is an excellent source for resistance (and mediocre hp / evasion until you become very rich. Then you can have it all in one chest).

I would change some of your gem setup
Puncture 4L: Puncture + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + faster attacks + added fire / increased critical damage / physical to lightning
Tornado Shot 4L: TS + Greater missile projectiles + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + added fire.
What should I do with this bow?

Kinda new to the game and unsure if there's anyway I can improve/upgrade it, won it in a giveaway.

Only has 1 socket and doesn't go over 300 damage.

Should I just buy a 270-275 Physical damage infractem? it's only a few chaos with 4+ links.

While and harbinger with 300+ Physical damage + 4-5links is a few ex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info