[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
I'm currently resistance capped and have a 5L yellow chest which at the time I mainly got for the links can you suggest a unique chest which would go well with this build?

Queen of the Forest fits this build the most. You cam use others (Lightning Coil or Belly of the Beast for example), but they better suit other builds (IR, etc)

Why dont get 6-link then, if you're capped?

6 link is definitely an option however there quite expensive atm I shall take a look at the piece you posted
"
hekaria wrote:
Hi.

First of all i want to thank you for this amazing build.

I have leveled about a hand full of characters and never went so smooth through the whole content.

When i was Ledge on Cruel i got lucky and a Tabula Rasa dropped (im a poorfag and wasn#t able to afford such an item) and i just melted everything though i had some mana problems and had to use 2 mana flasks.
(I started using ZTabula at level 31 because of the gems).

So now i ve come to the point where I really want to upgrade my gear to be able to run Atziri soon.

My resists are capped, i stick at 3,3k life but I think i will get to like 3,8 when i hit the next 3 life nodes.

I feel like my damage is a little bit low.

Unbuffed ( without hatred, herald ashe and ice):

puncture: 8508
tornado shot: 4287

I tried crafting a Harbinger, but after about 800 Alts no luck with a Tyrannical. Got a lot of Flaring, but after i augt it or eventually regaled it, RIP Harbinger.

My current gear:

Spoiler

So what do you guys think should I improve first.

WOuld a "decent" Harbringer boost my DPS significantly or is there sth else where i lack quiet a lot of damage?

ANd like how much would a good Bow boost my DPS?

Crit on the Harbringer should be more important than Physical, am I right? So it should ve at least 8,5 % Crit? Please correct me if Im wrong.

I really hope somebody can help me.

Kind regards

_PINKPOWERRANGERONDUTY

nobody can help meh?
Replaced Lionseye, capped resists, phys reflect is still insta-gibbing me hard.

Gear is

Hit chance is 86%, tornado does 17k tooltip. Died pretty much instantly.

Est. Chance to evade attacks 52%
Chance to dodge attacks 40%
chance to dodge spells 46%

and I do have Ondar's Guile.

18% phys reflect map pretty much undoable atm for me.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
Last edited by Okanitu on Sep 18, 2014, 9:26:28 PM
Extremely well put together guide. After getting lucky and picking up a sick bow i decided to switch to a tornado shot build and this guide caught my eye the most. Atziri is really a breeze with this build and im surprised at how effective it is while being so cheap.

I feel i could do a little more optimization though and i just thought i'd ask for some suggestions. Here is my gear.

DPS on Tornado - 13K
DPS on Puncture - 23K
HP - 4.3K
Eva - 7K
Resists - Capped
Facerolling - Lots of it

I feel this build would be better if you prioritize single hard hits over fast attack speed. You rely on moving around a lot so i feel dropping some attack speed for either flat damage or more survivability is better suited. Since you 1-shot most packs anyway, and whatever you dont one-shot you usually don't just sit there holding down you attack key. So im thinking of dropping some AS nodes for either more life or more damage.

Anyone share a similar opinion?

Last edited by Wargraves on Sep 18, 2014, 11:18:52 PM
"
hekaria wrote:

nobody can help meh?

I want to help, but i lack knowledge here too.

Yes, crit chance is very important, however, do note, that you CAN reroll implicit crit chance via (cheap) blessed orbs, so look at explicit critical chance.
Also note, that Tora can enchant your bow with additional mod, if possible. Sometimes it may turn a decent bow into a great one. You should know the mod pool though.

"

Tell your accuracy and evasion (real values, not "estimated chances").

Also, i dont see life leech on your gear, which could "counter" reflect (3% is quite low you know).

You leveled up your CWDT - that's a major mistake! Procs of Immortal Call happen too infrequently and you die. And get more quality on Immortal Call. You could afford Maligaro for 1 exa+, but you couldnt afford a Q20% gem for even lower price?
And remember - CWDT casts only ONE spell per proc. The more spells you link, the fewer will be procs of individual ones. So linking a Poacher's Mark to CWDT isnt the best idea. Better link it to Blood Magic and cast yourself, or link to Curse on Hit and some "utility shot".
In your setup, you have to survive 6k+ damage between Immortal Call procs. This actually makes it useless.

Try replacing Maligaro's Virtuosity (in reflect map) with Vorici's gloves (preferably with life leech too). They'realso useful in 50% regen map.
Why are you all using Maligaro's Virtuosity? Yes, they cost a lot, but doesnt mean they're really powerful. All they got is a somewhat DPS increase, and in my opinion, that's NOT enough for a good item (besides weapon).
Shadows and Dust are dirt cheap and have mana leech + rampage bonuses. A rare gloves can give you up to 40% leech rate, leech itself, life and resists, not to mention DPS stats like accuracy/AS and Item Rarity.
I'll repeat OP:
"build, that doesnt rely upon many defences, fails".
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 19, 2014, 2:16:26 AM
Hello,
nice build, im using a pretty similar right in this league and doing well.
Just hit lvl 91.

What i dont understand when i compare your gear and ur tree is where u get
the missing 75 intelligence for the crit gems from?

Last edited by Witcher224 on Sep 19, 2014, 5:06:36 AM

Current gear. I am really debating switching to rare gloves with life leech rate enchant for added survivabilty. My current Tornado shot dps is 12k and puncture is 16 k. For the life of me I cant 5/6 link bow =(. I drop to 9k dps w/o maligaro's.
IGN: Flickinboogers
Keep a lightning arrow levelled up and swap it out on phys reflect maps. Atziri's flasks help too.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
What are your suggestions for bandit rewards? I know they're in the guide, I just want to find out what people actually chose. I chose to pick oak-kill-kill to get 2 points to pick STR and INT nodes, helped a lot. You dont need 4 power charges because we don't use PCOC gem and 18% phys is not that much.
Last edited by dmitriyh on Sep 19, 2014, 7:16:50 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
hekaria wrote:

nobody can help meh?

I want to help, but i lack knowledge here too.

Yes, crit chance is very important, however, do note, that you CAN reroll implicit crit chance via (cheap) blessed orbs, so look at explicit critical chance.
Also note, that Tora can enchant your bow with additional mod, if possible. Sometimes it may turn a decent bow into a great one. You should know the mod pool though.

"

Tell your accuracy and evasion (real values, not "estimated chances").

Also, i dont see life leech on your gear, which could "counter" reflect (3% is quite low you know).

You leveled up your CWDT - that's a major mistake! Procs of Immortal Call happen too infrequently and you die. And get more quality on Immortal Call. You could afford Maligaro for 1 exa+, but you couldnt afford a Q20% gem for even lower price?
And remember - CWDT casts only ONE spell per proc. The more spells you link, the fewer will be procs of individual ones. So linking a Poacher's Mark to CWDT isnt the best idea. Better link it to Blood Magic and cast yourself, or link to Curse on Hit and some "utility shot".
In your setup, you have to survive 6k+ damage between Immortal Call procs. This actually makes it useless.

Try replacing Maligaro's Virtuosity (in reflect map) with Vorici's gloves (preferably with life leech too). They'realso useful in 50% regen map.
Why are you all using Maligaro's Virtuosity? Yes, they cost a lot, but doesnt mean they're really powerful. All they got is a somewhat DPS increase, and in my opinion, that's NOT enough for a good item (besides weapon).
Shadows and Dust are dirt cheap and have mana leech + rampage bonuses. A rare gloves can give you up to 40% leech rate, leech itself, life and resists, not to mention DPS stats like accuracy/AS and Item Rarity.
I'll repeat OP:
"build, that doesnt rely upon many defences, fails".

Chance to hit is 88%
Evasion is 13099

I'm now using Atziri's Acuity, reflect is still hurtful. Looking at where I can afford to put more life leech into my gear.

Subbed in a lower level CODT but Im noticing that immortal call lasts a mere fraction of a second, I dont think Im ever getting the endurance charges. What might be going wrong?

And yes I realize these gloves may be overkill, but I had a legacy koams from before I quit and I figured the gloves would solve my issues. Alas.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info