[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Thanx you, author! This is rly best GUIDE i'v ever seen :) Rly amazing and usefull explanation of main build features.
And, yeah, I like this build :)
"
fph wrote:
"

The chances of getting 4 red on Maligaro's are around 1:500, yes quite low, but still we're talking about endgame equip here.

Don't try getting 4red on Rat's nest or Atziri's. It's not impossible, but your chances to get 4 red there are 1:2000 or worse.

Where do these numbers come from? With a smallish sample size, I got about .12 chance to get a red socket on Maligaro's, which means 1:1736 (using the guaranteed 2R from Vorici, all the other options are worse). To get 1:500, one would need a .22 chance to get a red socket, which seems way off. And if .22 really were the right chance, then using the Vorici 1R recipe would be cheaper...

Chromatic calculator. ( Someone copied the script over into my calculator, last sheet there ). As far as I'm aware, it's calculations are correct.

The chance to get offcolors depends depends on the stat reqs of an item.

Maligaros has very low dex reqs. That makes the chances for offcolors very high and I wasn't considering Vorici.

According to the calc. There's a chance of ~0.19% for a 4red coloration upon using a chrom.

Here are the relevant notes I took:

Chance to 4-Red a Shadows and Dust = 0.09% (needs ~1085 orbs)
Chance to 4-Red a Maligaro's = 0.19% (needs ~534 orbs)

"
I guess the best thing to do is to pick up every single white Harbinger Bow I can find and use an Orb of Alch on it until I get what I need. or I guess I could scour just 1 white Harbinger and Alch it and rinse and repeat until it has good mods, and once the stats are decent, then master craft to add the additional mod...

As it was already noted: only use it on 77+ or at least 73+. Though I tend to just transmute them and carry a few of those around in the stash. I'm constantly out of alteration orbs too...

"
Thanks Daish0. So when people are talking about wanting to spend several exalt on a nice high end harbinger bow, that's only to defeat Atziri, correct?? In other words, with decent self-found year you can still make it to the mid 70's maps probably? I'm only asking that as I may not have any desire to fight Atziri........

You don't need a high harby to take down Atziri (even though it helps a lot), but it really just increases your clearspeed.

I've been running 78 maps with infractem during the first 3 days of the league and I was fine, but in the end a high DPS harbinger is the biggest upgrade to your clearspeed that you can get with the build (Glyph Mark should be able to reach 40k+++ TS DPS)

"
Thanx you, author! This is rly best GUIDE i'v ever seen :) Rly amazing and usefull explanation of main build features.
And, yeah, I like this build :)

Thanks
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jan 12, 2015, 4:50:56 AM
"
lolbam wrote:
i do 77 78 maps with

self crafted

That one is actually not very easy to achieve, you had incredible luck or a lot of currency. Best for self-crafting is probably to hit Tyrannical, Regal and then apply flat physical damage via Tora.

Otherwise I would just: http://poe.trade/search/inoyomataruhod

Bows with 280 pDPS upwards start at 2 Ex ... not THAT much imho and is sufficient to run everything.
Having a Harbinger with 350+ physical DPS just means that you one-shot most packs ... it's fun and convenient but not necessary to reach end-game.
like you said, daish0 - self crafted bow is a great way for saving some exalted orbs.
I've crafted mine, got tryrannical and (lowest, but still) attack speed, regal it [medium roll with lightning dmg] and add flat by tora. And made 298 pDPS bow.

Ive got a question - should I replace my gloves with Maligaro's ?
At the moment, got 9k tool-tip dps from Tornado, but clearing speed is insane thanks to pierce and drillneck.
I know that quality gems would help me a lot, but they are quite expensive ....
Or maybe some of you guys and lass can help me what should I upgrade at next priority [already buying new shoes, triple ress and HP and movements speed]?
Got 4,1k HP, Resistance are capped
Spoiler

(Need some strength from gloves, but when I dropped them I can pick +30 from a nod)
I know, my setting for CWDT is quite strange, but can't roll more red socket. [smoke mine as escape skill for strongboxes, can be placed with CWTD]

/edit : double item rarity because of levelling the one with quality
ING: Leesaurk
Last edited by Leesaurk on Jan 12, 2015, 9:37:29 AM
Very very nice guide and explanation! It's the best I've seen!

So I noticed on the second post you teased about another build utilizing Windripper. When is that one coming out? I'm eager to see the madness! :)
edit: I asked if lvl 20 increased duration was a mistake in the post but the next post gave me the answer.

Great build, currently lvl 81 in the Torment league, playing it with Lioneye's Glare
Last edited by Insert_Pixels on Jan 12, 2015, 1:30:56 PM
INc duration is a support gem and doesnt need to be kept at a low lvl to work with cwdt.
In the TS calculator spread sheet, I noticed that herald of thunder doesn't seem to add at all to DPS. Not sure if it was just me, but it wasn't adding anything to DPS. The quality bonus worked fine, but the regular +lightning to attacks didn't seem to be factoring in for some reason.
IGN: IskyOfTheSea
"
Isky wrote:
In the TS calculator spread sheet, I noticed that herald of thunder doesn't seem to add at all to DPS. Not sure if it was just me, but it wasn't adding anything to DPS. The quality bonus worked fine, but the regular +lightning to attacks didn't seem to be factoring in for some reason.

Thanks, found the bug, I will reset all active sheets the next days and implement it then.

If you want to improve your sheet manually change the following fields:
Change "X66" to:

"
=round(X65*U27*U26*U31)

Change "Y66" to:

"
=round(Y65*U27*U26*U31)

This will fix the problem
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Wanted to first of all say thanks for the guide - this has been great for a newbie like me!

Second, I'm currently stuck on 4L gear - using TS - LMP - Added Fire - Improved Crit (due to socket colors), and it's working for now. At what stage should I really look to move to a 5L piece of gear and is it worth spending the little currency I have to get one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info