[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Jirai wrote:
Hi i have a question regarding drillneck:

My current equipment

Since I wear drillneck my damage decreases for puncture 4L -2.6k dps and for tornadoshot 5L -1.5k dps....I had to replace faster attacks for pierce (puncture) and I had to replace critdmg for pierce (tornadoshot)(I know to replace such both gems because of this guide). My pierce-gems are level 17 and 18 and I skilled piercing shots in the talenttree for sure.

I thought my damage would increase after i saw all the hype about drillneck.

Can anybody help me?

You're reading too much into tooltips. The tooltip DPS might be slightly lower, but the clearspeed is higher, due to the amazing boost from the actual pierce. You will also offscreen a lot more enemies and keep enemies away from you with the stacked knockback all the time.

Puncture on the other hand fires a bit slower, but it hits harder and applies the puncture effect to every enemy it passes through... which is amazing.

This allows you to snipe bosses in packs, helps with clearing dangerous doorways etc.

In addition, while you lose attackspeed, you gain actual damage, which improves the bleed.

Finally you WANT quality on pierce, it adds +15% pierce chance, which improves actual damage and the pierce rate a lot.

...this question is asked way too often, I need to add a picture for that.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Jan 9, 2015, 9:31:47 AM
"
"
Jirai wrote:
Hi i have a question regarding drillneck:

My current equipment

Since I wear drillneck my damage decreases for puncture 4L -2.6k dps and for tornadoshot 5L -1.5k dps....I had to replace faster attacks for pierce (puncture) and I had to replace critdmg for pierce (tornadoshot)(I know to replace such both gems because of this guide). My pierce-gems are level 17 and 18 and I skilled piercing shots in the talenttree for sure.

I thought my damage would increase after i saw all the hype about drillneck.

Can anybody help me?

You're reading too much into tooltips. The tooltip DPS might be slightly lower, but the clearspeed is higher, due to the amazing boost from the actual pierce. You will also offscreen a lot more enemies and keep enemies away from you due to the stacked knockback all the time.

Puncture on the other hand fires a bit slower, but it hits harder and applies the puncture effect to every enemy it passes through... which is amazing.

This allows you to snipe bosses in packs, helps with clearing dangerous doorways etc.

In addition, while you lose attackspeed, you gain actual damage, which improves the bleed.

Finally you WANT quality on pierce, it adds +15% pierce chance, which improves actual damage and the pierce rate a lot.

...this question is asked way too often, I need to add a picture for that.

Thanks man, this information helps me a lot.
In addition, i started playing POE 3 weeks ago as a beginner and this guide was so godlike for a newcomer like me.
Just THANKS!
This is my own build variation. It uses Physical to lightning, triple herald + hatred (herald of thunder linked with curse on hit and assasin's mark for perma power charges)

HP 3288 (low I know it), 45% evade, 40% dodge attack, 46% dodge spell, all res 75%, 11,5k tornado shot with gmp, 10,3k puncture.

Any comments about it? Suggestions for upgrades? Thanks.

Pro's about my build:
- Can clear maps faster than regular
- Shock every mob on hit
- All 3 aligments (freeze, shock, ignite)

Con's
- Requires more skillpoints (less defense) to get Charisma
- Requires more int
- Requires 3B1R on either gloves, helmet or boots

For theorycrafting about my build variation pm me in game @PewDiePieKing

My next goal is trying to get 4 red sockets on Rat's nest, however I dropped 2000 chromatics using 2 red socket recipe from vorici, got 4off like 10 times but no 4 red yet
Gear

Skill Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GYoZjhm0Go8fQSF2IuIj9iT9JpUqCypNKlss6TBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCR-JLeE2SUUdRTFLsVUtW-luvXWhh4mKsbIxtbG-eb_JwUnXLdvd3B3fXeOt9W38CfyuCXoMJhs6HE4w2jX2Nv5AKlQWa8ZuNm7WcpJ2qoJ-kOabgrEe0xbVIvqfBM8LswzrKSsqpytPQgdN-1CPWitnG3Q3dqOcK51To1upi6xTtg-968-r22vsJ_MX_3g==

DPS

DEFENSE
Last edited by Ivoge on Jan 9, 2015, 9:55:42 AM
"
arch_st wrote:

Question - Is this gear good for act 1-2 on merciless? Or i shoud buy/find/farm currency after i kill cruel's dominus?

Thanks for reply.

Hi man! Personally im at 65, still using my deaths harp, didnt buy any other uniques for levelling and im at act 3 on merciless (bloodlines) It's been a great bow, doesnt cost much and i personally havent been able to find any better bows yet :)
aint nobody got time to answer my question ?((
Hey guys. Been playing that build in BL since yesterday and it's very smooth.

I have a question about Infractem since I just droped one minutes ago.
Should I go toward that road and look into buying a thief's ?
Should I keep my Harp 'till a good decimation/harbringer comes my way ?

Bit concerned about my res with only one ring since I'm already using a 3D helmet to get them capped.

Anyway really nicely written guide so thumps up =)
Well, so i did the build (crit phys variation) and i must say that it just feels supbar compared to my other Ranger build aka crit cleaver :S

At least for me TS clears slower bcoz of exposions going on every way sometimes missing few mobs. (mby split chain would be better no idea).

Char moves very fast. Sure it can offscreen but bosses clear speed with it is just not so impressive when you did run one of these 100k+ dps builds.

My cleaver has 150k dps tooltip and doesnt need even QS flask to run fast thx to whirling blades. Takes him few sec to kill 6 man dominus.
While TS feels more safer but will never be able to accompish the same it seems.

Here is the gear im using on TSer:

Spoiler

TOOLTIP dps on TS is ~ 11k GMP. With Frezy in 5L as main skill 15k (tryin to 6L body arm atm). 88% crit chance with charges.

Here is the tree :

With drillneck it will probably jump to 15k but its still low compared to cleave :S

I can get better 400 dps bow, 6l it etc but it will never break 20k it feels like. Rest of the gear seems pretty decent to be honest :S

While the price of such bow would be close to 50 ex, the price for 300 pDps+ 6.8 crit sword is close to 2 ex ... Even price wise crit cleave outperformes TS :(

Any idea how to make it better without puring into 100 ex ?
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Jan 9, 2015, 11:49:37 AM
"
TinyKaleshi wrote:
"
arch_st wrote:

Question - Is this gear good for act 1-2 on merciless? Or i shoud buy/find/farm currency after i kill cruel's dominus?

Thanks for reply.

Hi man! Personally im at 65, still using my deaths harp, didnt buy any other uniques for levelling and im at act 3 on merciless (bloodlines) It's been a great bow, doesnt cost much and i personally havent been able to find any better bows yet :)

Yeah, i find my death harp bow, when killed Brut on the cruel and it's really good now(and tornado shot with multiple projectiles and additional arraow is awesome), but i really need to equip better chest with nice evasion, life and 10-15% res(for cap res)
"
eragon1111 wrote:
Well, so i did the build (crit phys variation) and i must say that it just feels supbar compared to my other Ranger build aka crit cleaver :S

At least for me TS clears slower bcoz of exposions going on every way sometimes missing few mobs. (mby split chain would be better no idea).

Char moves very fast. Sure it can offscreen but bosses clear speed with it is just not so impressive when you did run one of these 100k+ dps builds.

My cleaver has 150k dps tooltip and doesnt need even QS flask to run fast thx to whirling blades. Takes him few sec to kill 6 man dominus.
While TS feels more safer but will never be able to accompish the same it seems.

Here is the gear im using on TSer:

Spoiler

TOOLTIP dps on TS is ~ 11k GMP. With Frezy in 5L as main skill 15k (tryin to 6L body arm atm). 88% crit chance with charges.

Here is the tree :

With drillneck it will probably jump to 15k but its still low compared to cleave :S

I can get better 400 dps bow, 6l it etc but it will never break 20k it feels like. Rest of the gear seems pretty decent to be honest :S

While the price of such bow would be close to 50 ex, the price for 300 pDps+ 6.8 crit sword is close to 2 ex ... Even price wise crit cleave outperformes TS :(

Any idea how to make it better without puring into 100 ex ?

The key to really make TS shine is to aim it properly. ZiggyD has a good rundown of how to use it to maximize the damage it can deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfbSjj7I-ck
Realy cool build! I killed Dominus on the cruel difficulty jast stay near him and shot! Even without hp flasks(have 5% life leech on my gear)
Awesome!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info