Vagan dissapointment.

"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
"
Yeah was doing the same with Tora was mad as fuck when I found out lol

The only work around is to find a weapon with phys% already, and to roll the flat phys or attack speed/crit if it needs it. Its unfortunate but better than nothing.

Thats wrong... The added min/max physic from the masters is even more trashy ...
I think its t3 or t4 added min/max physic that you can get from Vagan - but thats so bad you really need to be desperate to spend 1 alchemy for it... :-)

So to make a good weapon you want t1 added min/max physic - and you also want good ias on it.

If you get t1 added min/max physic along with t1 ias ... then the 100-120 added % physic is a good weapon and also a weapon that in standard would be semi expensive to buy..It would never compete with the really good crafts out there but it sure would make it possible for alot of people to do better with melee chars. - Lets face it, those 1handed sword melee style players are not having fun compared to other builds. - In some maps I need to be lucky to hit a monster before those low-life-wander builds have cleaned all. :-)

If it was possible to get those 100-120 % added physic then crafting prices would be humanlike and not godlike as is today.

I have been carrying on a kickass t1 ias, t1 added min/max physic corsair sword since king of club's was jack of club's and when I saw that 100%-120% added physic was possible from the good nobal master Vagan I was really happy. in the more then 2000 hours play of poe I have found 2 Eternals and for me to hit that 100+% physical damage going exalt style I got like 1/50 odds at best. I sure do not like those odds :-)

Last edited by Gnisteren on Sep 4, 2014, 7:29:23 PM
Reason why i think 100-120% would be broken:

It's 268 dps with a 8-17 flat phys roll even.
Now imagine if the flat was a tad bit higher and i could craft a 100-120% phys.

Also i did the math, by rolling tempered on a jeweled foil and adding 20q and master craft you already have a 250 dps 1h weapon.
Now imagine if you augment/regal a hybrid roll or attack speed before applying master craft.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 4, 2014, 7:23:00 PM
He can give you 25% crit chance, 25% global strike, 19% attack speed, 20% elemental damage, leech or extra elemental flat damage.

Vagan is more of making your decent weapon even better then making an good weapon from nothing.

Also doesn't he have enemy cannot evade your attacks too?
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 4, 2014, 7:26:07 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:

Also i did the math, by rolling tempered on a jeweled foil and adding 20q and master craft you already have a 250 dps 1h weapon.
Now imagine if you augment/regal a hybrid roll or attack speed before applying master craft.

Broken my ass - I run with this foil here.. - no matter what you do with your foil its in no competition to the high end crafted swords.

And do please considder that you have hit t1 physic%/accuracy with good ias and added physic. - Thats not exactly easy to find.

Anyway 270dps is like 1 exalted in standard .. - thats 300 alterations and nothing. - With that toothpick you got there you would never kill a monster in a 75+map full party game. - So there is no chance it would kill the game !
"
Gnisteren wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:

Broken my ass - I run with this foil here.. - no matter what you do with your foil its in no competition to the high end crafted swords.

And do please considder that you have hit t1 physic%/accuracy with good ias and added physic. - Thats not exactly easy to find.

Anyway 270dps is like 1 exalted in standard .. - thats 300 alterations and nothing. - With that toothpick you got there you would never kill a monster in a 75+map full party game. - So there is no chance it would kill the game !

So you have a mirrored sword but complain you cannot craft 100-120% phys?
Craft was never suposed to be end game and most people do just fine with a 300 dps weapon for endgame.

But you don't NEED a 500 dps sword to do content in this game.

Also standard has been around for ages, ofc it's easy to find stuff there anyway.
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 4, 2014, 7:41:40 PM
Got anymore 'pro tips' to dish out Mannoth?

LOL
"
Mannoth wrote:

He was explaining why 70% is trash and 120% mediocre.
All master rolls are at about 1/2 of their top or 1.5 less of that value:

55-68% energy shield (top %es is 120)
26-30 of a stat
Life rolls

I don't see why a %phys should be excluded from this rule.
It already makes the self found play easier, and that is the freaking point.

You aren't supposed to master craft 400 dps 1 hand weapons.
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 4, 2014, 7:44:56 PM
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
Gnisteren wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:

Craft was never suposed to be end game and most people do just fine with a 300 dps weapon for endgame.

Also standard has been around for ages, ofc it's easy to find stuff there anyway.

My point is that the 60-79% added physic from vagan is to low. - it should have been 100-120.!!

Yes standard have been here for ages, hence the 100-120% would not make you a weapon in competition to good expensive crafts. - But those added physic % and that flat min/max added physic is simply to low.. and not worth it at all.

League is 3 months and you still have to farm alot and do some crafting or be lucky finding a weapon who is suitable to Vagans craft before its any good. That will take you some time and when you finaly get it you can enjoy it for 1 maby 2 months .. .- and then you can toss it into standard where its worthless.

- And compared to other builds it will never be half as strong. It will only make it much more easy for new beginning players to make a decent weapon they can enjoy the game with and not feel completly outclassed by other builds.
Last edited by Gnisteren on Sep 4, 2014, 7:53:52 PM
As i see it craft was added to:

1) Allowing adding one mod to an item that lacks it but where you don't want to eternal+exalt or yolo exalt
2) Allow self found players to easier acquire upgrades
3) Easier itemization (adding stats to items or particular resists)

Was never perceived as an endgame method of getting gear (since you don't need top rolls to do all content anyway, again).

You might argue 60-79% is too low and you are probably right, but then the hybrid phys rolls come into play.
I feel like the state of the crafting is fine, i myself was also sad that 100-120% didn't make it into the game as i had some items stashed on standard which would profit a lot from it.
But then again some master stats (like local crit / crit multi / spell damage / ele leech) allow for such easier itemization now on some items.
Last edited by Mannoth on Sep 4, 2014, 7:57:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info