Vagan dissapointment.

yeah 79% doesnt make a difference in standard, but since when have GGG balanced or tried to balance the game around standard and HC?

You can do maps just fine solo with a 220-250pdps weapon which is not that uncommon, and the new mods certainly help that. (attack speed/flat phys/% phys)

Why do you need to kill full party mobs as if you are solo? So what if you kill mobs in a party 3-4 times as slow? Thats why there are 5-6 players, to dish out more damage and help you out. Plus you get auras synergy to make it even easier.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
yeah 79% doesnt make a difference in standard, but since when have GGG balanced or tried to balance the game around standard and HC?

You can do maps just fine solo with a 220-250pdps weapon which is not that uncommon, and the new mods certainly help that. (attack speed/flat phys/% phys)

Why do you need to kill full party mobs as if you are solo? So what if you kill mobs in a party 3-4 times as slow? Thats why there are 5-6 players, to dish out more damage and help you out. Plus you get auras synergy to make it even easier.

First. -Its got nothing to do with balance. - its got something to do with a craft mod that are totaly useless and might as well have been left out.

60-79 dosent make a difference anywhere.

- We are not discussing balance at all. - we are not discussing what you can do and can not do. - some people are better players then other. I myself is really bad and I need to use a 200% legacy soultaker and the mirrored foil to do well in 78 maps. - So please do not turn this disscussion about what I need and want or try teach me about auras and synergy. - I am well aware of that.

The discussion is about the low 60-79 roll from Vagan where alot of peole "Me" :-)
expected 100-120% . - the 60-79 % is utterly trash in any league. And In my opinion so low that GGG could as well have left it out.

The 100-120% physic would in any league be beneficial and would be used to craft weapons until you have farmed enough currency to go to next level and so on. - It would in no way be overpowered and t1 ias +t1 flat added min/max +100-120% added physic damage would at best turn out to something like 320 dps.. - That is in no chance to rock game balance or make you overpowered.

Also keep in mind that t1 ias and t1 added min/max is still danm pretty hard to get from a sword... t1 ias is ilvl 77 last I checked. - so its not like it will be common and ruin game economy for all you flippers. I would simply just make it possible for normal life casual players to get their hands on a semi sharp weapon that they could make themself and call "precious"

ohhh my Precious !!
Last edited by Gnisteren on Sep 5, 2014, 10:45:24 AM
"
Gnisteren wrote:

- We are not discussing balance at all. - we are not discussing what you can do and can not do. - some people are better players then other. I myself is really bad and I need to use a 200% legacy soultaker and the mirrored foil to do well in 78 maps. - So please do not turn this disscussion about what I need and want or try teach me about auras and synergy. - I am well aware of that.

So you admit that you need the absolute best weapons to do ok in 78 maps because you suck skill wise...Imagine what people that are better at the game will be able to do with much much more accessible end game weapons. How can you say that this is not about game balance when what you want will make the game a lot easier? (aka change the balance)

"
Gnisteren wrote:

The discussion is about the low 60-79 roll from Vagan where alot of peole "Me" :-)
expected 100-120% . - the 60-79 % is utterly trash in any league. And In my opinion so low that GGG could as well have left it out.

maybe you've been playing with the GG weapons for so long that your opinion of utter trash is not the same as that of normal players... Casuals don't have access to mirrored weapons.

"
Gnisteren wrote:

The 100-120% physic would in any league be beneficial and would be used to craft weapons until you have farmed enough currency to go to next level and so on. - It would in no way be overpowered and t1 ias +t1 flat added min/max +100-120% added physic damage would at best turn out to something like 320 dps.. - That is in no chance to rock game balance or make you overpowered.

True it will definitely make things easier. But how is a 320 dps sword not overpowered. This is a gg endgame weapon that most players will never change if they got it in a temporary league.

"
Gnisteren wrote:

- so its not like it will be common and ruin game economy for all you flippers.

So just because I don't agree with your opinion I must be a flipper? Good logic

"
Gnisteren wrote:

I would simply just make it possible for normal life casual players to get their hands on a semi sharp weapon that they could make themself and call "precious"

To my knowledge the crafting benches were never meant to provide an easy access to 75+ maps end game weapons. They are perfectly fine right now in allowing casuals to start early mapping and from there on, its game as usual. They can still allow for a lot easier crafting of gear by adding a missing mod. Just dont expect the result to be the same as a lucky exalt.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Sep 5, 2014, 1:08:50 PM
Andkamen - Do you know what Irony is ?

Yes it is my opinion that crafting 60-79% physical damage on a weapon is Trash. - I am sure that most people have the same opinion !! - the tier is simply to low.

Do you plan to use that low roll added physical yourself ? - I seriously doubt it!

Do not just quote out of context !!

Have you even played with onehanded weapons yourself ?

- It was not my attention to accuse you of being a flipper. - I do not know why you took that on yourself. - And if people get a kick out of flipping then let them. - Game is about having fun and if people have fun flipping items then fine with me.

- Please take into considderation that before you can get a 320 dps 1handed weapon, then you must have t1 added min/max physic - and t1 or atleast 25% ias on the weapon ... - Thats not easy to find either. - as I alredy wrote t1 ias is ilvl 77. - And that can take alot of time to get in a new league. - We are for sure not talking about easy acces of good rolled weapons and remember if you use the physical roll its no longer possible to craft bleading on hit or other stuff from the masters.

- I myself love the crafting opportunities that the new patch gives - its really really good. I am in no way complaining about the game. I am just saying that I am dissapointed about the physical roll that I thought was 100-120 % and now I find out its only about half.

And if you had any knowledge about crafting benches and easy acces to 75+ maps ... what about the hilarious sick 20% increased energy shield from Elron. ?

Why can you craft Bleeding on hit ? on a kickass sword but not make a mediocre yourself with a decent physical roll. ?

All in all - I am dissapointed in the low physical roll. I want it to be 100-120% !!!

End of Story !
why the fuck can you craft increased physical damage on a foil if the item already has this mod
?
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day.
But give a fish a man, and you can feed it for a month.
Last edited by ThePathOfExile on Sep 5, 2014, 2:41:52 PM
"
why the fuck can you craft increased physical damage on a foil if the item already has this mod
?

you can't - crafting from masters apply to the common crafting rules.

- you can craft %added physical damage on a foil that have the hybrid roll %physic/accuracy. but you can not craft an affix that alredy exist on the weapon/amor/ring etc.
oh, okay! Thx then
Give a man a fish, and you can feed him for a day.
But give a fish a man, and you can feed it for a month.
YES, u CAN, that's what i get from lookin on the first posted foil.
That's even something i experienced with a weapon one time ... the question remains: W.H.Y. ?!?!? it should not work as on other occasions crafting some mod is impossible because "this item already has a mod of this type", but sometimes it does work.
Bug? or am i overlooking something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info