Hall of Grandmasters: Development Update 1

"
geradon wrote:
"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
KillerKookie wrote:
So every few months you guys make some huge changes to the game especially changes to the passive tree. These changes most of the time are completely build changing so how are you guys going to deal with that? Like every big patch most of the build of these grandmasters would have to be changed around completely.

Would the grandmasters be in a way "legacy" and keep the old trees and everything the same (Unless something become way too OP or UP). If not then would people keep getting to submit new grandmasters as the game changes around?

Thats simple. Just save the stats on submission.

probably not that simple

I imagine, that characters aren't so much stored in the hall like "has this passive tree, Kaom's, and an Acuity", more like "has X added life, X% increased life, the acuity affix, ect."

So barring massive game mechanics changes (like snapshotting, or the way certain affixes/keystones work), changing the passive tree or the items won't affect grandmasters once they're submitted.

They probably have a script that converts a player character into a passivetre/item-neutral NPC.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
If I ever have enough cash for it, I would definitely get a Grandmaster pack just for this. Such a brilliant idea!

On another note- is there any chance we can get this tileset as a hideout? It's gorgeous!
funny
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Very nice.
Just be clear is this game going to be "pay to win" ? How can you guys expecting that we can pay 500 freaking dollars for this ?
you pay for your character to be put into that map as an enemy how is that p2w?

Oh I've got a char in a map, so I'm going to get 3 1 fuse 6 links??
don't follow your logic, its pay to show off not pay to win
I am wondering how they would balance it ? will they divide by 10 the damage and multiply by 10 the hp of all bosses ? Otherwise it will be oneshot party ( the first who shots win )
IGN TylordRampage
Same way they balance anything else? Besides if you are expecting this to be easy, I have a feeling you are going to be very wrong. Which is a good thing.
i dont want that, i 100% sure this feature will cause a lot of lags, fps drops and will increase loading time
1.2 is not playable anymore at my laptop, but open beta and even after release game was fine
"
gilrad wrote:

I imagine, that characters aren't so much stored in the hall like "has this passive tree, Kaom's, and an Acuity", more like "has X added life, X% increased life, the acuity affix, ect."

ggg is probably using the same code they currently use for exiles. which originaly were also player submissions but eventually ggg defined the skills they use.

"
gilrad wrote:

So barring massive game mechanics changes (like snapshotting, or the way certain affixes/keystones work), changing the passive tree or the items won't affect grandmasters once they're submitted.

i interpreted jonathan's post in a way that if a certain skill got substantially changed or is even removed from the game, the game engine doesn't support it or it's old effects anymore and neither players nor exiles are able to use it in the old way.

as it is no problem to adapt the skills of currently existing exiles, i wonder how they want to deal with these hundreds of exiles in the new map if skills change...
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info