[1.2.4] SHATTER CHUCK - 3 MILLION SUSTAINABLE DPS (6.7 \W SHOCK & CURSE) - EASY UBER ATZIRI

Bye Vitality -> Hi Lust for Carnage + Hi Vaal Pact
Bye Acuity -> Hi Legacy Maligaros

;)

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Is there any place where the time between each barrage projectile is stated? It is dependent on attack speed so it would vary but there must be a formula.

A single barrage has two parts. The cast animation before shooting and then the spray of projectiles. The cast animation is longer than the time between each projectile and they are both linked to attack speed.

The optimum attack speed would be the one that gives 26ms or 51ms between each projectile. just have to work this out but need the formula to do that.

Let me know if u find that info somewhere :o
Seems like the build still works decently well after the patch, despite the huge nerf. DPS went down from ~3m to approximately 2 million.

I'll update the skilltree soon, but I've decided to start a new build project, so I am going to sell some items:

I'm selling them for very cheap since I am not a fan of doing long trading stuff. Let me know if you wanna pick them up. :)
IGN: Pirteloli
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

It will be tough to perfect the dps now. This type of nerf (50ms cooldown) will actually make some weapons with better mods in all respects have lower dps than a weaker weapon.

Eg. A 1.3 aps wand vs a 1.6 aps wand with all mods the same expect for the attack speed. It is easy to assume that the 1.6 aps is superior but it might have 40ms between projectiles vs the 1.3 aps which does say 52ms between projectiles. This will cause the 1.6 aps wand to do at least 30% lower dps vs the 1.3 aps wand. So the better 1.6 aps wand is worse for cast on crit.

The above numbers are guesstimates but they demonstrate the theory. i.e the 50ms cooldown is not intuitive and noob friendly at all. Plus even if we know this, we can't even work out the time between projectiles accurately in order to min max properly.

Yeap, i can only second this. The cooldown based nerf was a horrible idea from the balance department imho. Should have flat out reduced barrage's coc proc chance or something.
"
Tom94 wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

It will be tough to perfect the dps now. This type of nerf (50ms cooldown) will actually make some weapons with better mods in all respects have lower dps than a weaker weapon.

Eg. A 1.3 aps wand vs a 1.6 aps wand with all mods the same expect for the attack speed. It is easy to assume that the 1.6 aps is superior but it might have 40ms between projectiles vs the 1.3 aps which does say 52ms between projectiles. This will cause the 1.6 aps wand to do at least 30% lower dps vs the 1.3 aps wand. So the better 1.6 aps wand is worse for cast on crit.

The above numbers are guesstimates but they demonstrate the theory. i.e the 50ms cooldown is not intuitive and noob friendly at all. Plus even if we know this, we can't even work out the time between projectiles accurately in order to min max properly.

Yeap, i can only second this. The cooldown based nerf was a horrible idea from the balance department imho. Should have flat out reduced barrage's coc proc chance or something.

Anyway,as a proponent of your build style,I almost cant wait to see ya new OP build out,and follow you with my ex ;P .That gonna be our answer to GGG's awful patch and malice.And if any time want to leave this game,i will leave as you do without hesitate.

Just do it and hit the rainbow,Chuck.
The following is a temporary skill tree which is by me and some others confirmed to work well in 1.3.0. It's probably not entirely optimized but it plays very similarly to pre-patch with the differences obviously being less leech due to the acuity nerf and less damage due to the CoC nerf.

Skill tree for witch lvl 95
The build is far away from beeing dead. just killed uber w/o any problems....
Even the Acuity nerf doesnt matter at all.

Tom what build do u plan dooing next?
"
Tom94 wrote:
The following is a temporary skill tree which is by me and some others confirmed to work well in 1.3.0. It's probably not entirely optimized but it plays very similarly to pre-patch with the differences obviously being less leech due to the acuity nerf and less damage due to the CoC nerf.

Skill tree for witch lvl 95

That tree is a 115 point tree so if you take power charge on bandits it means you need to be lvl 97 to stat into that tree with 115 points anyway:

Tom, you went with that tree with your wand/shield build? Just curious since that seems harsh losing 50 Crit chance and 25 Crit damage from heartseeker sectionand seems like to good a global buff to lose to keep haste going in general (if that is even enough reserve it sorta seems a tad short yet I am sure you tested it yet so I assume thats why you added reserves into the tree). I know the nerf with both acuity and coc gem makes the character a little more squishy yet do you think going for the extra spell crit is equal to what you are losing off heartseeker section or is this the duel void battery tree. I seem to blank shot more yet the build is far far from dead its just not as tanky xD.
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Dec 14, 2014, 9:22:44 AM
Has anyone else been playing around with Kinetic Blast instead of Barrage as your trigger?

I'm not running straight ShatterChuck, differing in that I run on mana instead of life and get defenses mostly from overcapping resists even further and getting spellblock, but DPS observations should be roughly the same.

Some observations/musings:

- It's a bit rough on resource management, as it costs 35 mana/attack, vs Barrage's 15. It's still workable in my setup, but your experience may differ.

- GMP KB with CoC is insane vs packs. One attack gives a potential > 25 CoC triggers (5 projectiles, each generating 1 hit + 4 explosions). Due to the AoE nature of the explosions, this could've scaled into 50+ triggers against dense packs. I feel that this may very well have been the reason for changing CoC's cooldown. Even with the reduced cooldown, it feels like it has increased by clearspeed by quite a bit.

- It is as bad against bosses as it is good against packs. The explosions don't overlap with the target, so you get at most 1 trigger/attack for single target.

- The latter may be offset by either a dedicated boss-setup, or by switching into Barrage for bossfights. I've been trying some different solutions for this, but it still feels a bit iffy. More testing is needed. Possible solutions:

-- Get corrupted Shav's with BBBGGW colors. Swap Barrage/KB in white socket. Not a realistic option for most players, including me.
-- Drop PCoC from main link, replace with KB, and run both Barrage and KB simultaneously. Run HoT+IAoE+CoH+AM for reliable PC generation. This probably requires you to run a lightning spell (Arc) for consistent HoT uptime. Swap KB for PCoC for longer bossfights.
-- Run EK+KB, swap for Barrage+Spell for bossfights.
Confirming loud and clear this build is far from dead. You feel squishier running dual voids post patch, but that's to be expected. Kills Normal atziri just like usual, 78 maps in a full group you still one shot everything. Uber I haven't tried post patch, but I suspect it's doable but survivability might be an issue with dual voids.

Just play more carefully or go all out for the mirrored wand/shield combo due to the acuity/coc nerfs. Also make sure to tweak your APS so you're procing 3-4 spells off a single GMP barrage burst until Tom or someone else can mathematically figure the sweet spot for procing.

TLDR: Squishier post patch running dual voids / Still one shot everything / You get chunked for more es now /
Last edited by Solishaw on Dec 14, 2014, 5:10:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info