[1.3] HvR's Crit Shockwave 3M Beyond Witch - Beginner Friendly - Atziri Down

"
Wow. This build is all about the 6 link.

I just tried to go full DPS in 5 link by removing increased AOE and using totem+added fire+conc effect+fcr and the DPS of each totem went up almost double. It's barely usable because the AOE is so tiny now but it just shows... 6l must be acquired asap.

-edit: also purchased 2x Divinarius (8 chaos each) and.. wow. This allowed me to use conc effect and remove inc aoe, my DPS almost doubled.

Divinarius is CLEARLY better than ANYTHING, unless you manage to acquire a 6 link chest.

Divinarius is extremely good for the build but the thing is you lose potentially 44% cast speed which just personally does not seem acceptable, but if you only have a 5L i'm sure it's fine to keep them but I definitely prefer the faster casts/s over the aoe.
I currently run a 5L without increased crit dmg (using AOE in its place) and am getting 20.75k tooltip with hatred up. 26.2k if I put crit dmg in place of AOE. The damage is still high regardless and you do not need to run both increased crit dmg and conc effect to get good DPS.
Last edited by AgonyEvolved on Sep 7, 2014, 1:29:23 AM
Curious in what order i should take the nodes below.

Current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwRLQVCfINBls36rrPQ9biTTLMy0evuLR-XlQQHRUea4JUgUlPr5IPbtQRFncHzPV-X9F8qVcZdxuQiU1KCHqKjbRnd80bXKU-OZNsLf8YI9GBt7Dj3phGWL53AVJ2AGji2-g5IBx4W82pDgzinhF3ylS4mPBRN73yQVXDV8NWiAMAaidOP-klRWfNwUuv1KhMqC2SdWivz6vIdLKe1SKPybWwPqxa_JpVh4lVLjDY=

Which order?
Purity of flesh
Throatseeker
Mental Rapidity

Figured i take the power charge nodes last, i don't use them much right now. Probably taking the life and mana node thats remaining at my next level.

Ps. i play on rampage, not beyond
"
foojin wrote:
Curious in what order i should take the nodes below.

Current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwRLQVCfINBls36rrPQ9biTTLMy0evuLR-XlQQHRUea4JUgUlPr5IPbtQRFncHzPV-X9F8qVcZdxuQiU1KCHqKjbRnd80bXKU-OZNsLf8YI9GBt7Dj3phGWL53AVJ2AGji2-g5IBx4W82pDgzinhF3ylS4mPBRN73yQVXDV8NWiAMAaidOP-klRWfNwUuv1KhMqC2SdWivz6vIdLKe1SKPybWwPqxa_JpVh4lVLjDY=

Which order?
Purity of flesh
Throatseeker
Mental Rapidity

Figured i take the power charge nodes last, i don't use them much right now. Probably taking the life and mana node thats remaining at my next level.

Ps. i play on rampage, not beyond

I personally like to play on Standard leagues as i would on a HC one so that might make my opinion a little meh but i'll tell you what I did and am currently doing.
So, I went purity of flesh much earlier than the points you are at, can't remember exactly but it was probably around the 60s maybe? Not 100%, also, I am now currently getting cast speed nodes (lvl 86) and then afterwards am going to get 1 or 2 of the other power charges, then get throatseeker.

Imo, PoS > MR > TS.
But, if you feel you are good enough with survival then I would say MR > TS > PoS
Last edited by AgonyEvolved on Sep 7, 2014, 9:21:55 AM
Thanks, i'll go with purity because i see more dps improvements in my gear compared to defensive ones and right now i think it's balanced quite well.
Hello,

Following your build now. I have a few questions.

1. How does Ice Spear play a role when I can't do any dmg??

2. What are the main stats I should be looking for to increase DPS the most??

- I am using POE XYZ and currently in rampage with a budget of only about 6c but im only level 36. I would like to start putting out huge damage as soon as possible though. How / What do I need to make this happen?

Thanks in advanced!

(How do I link my inventory to show what gear I am using so hopefully you guys can show me what best to improve on??)

Thanks,

Edit: Also, which gems / links do you think are most essential for leveling up?? Currently I am just taking turns with SWT / Searing bond while leveling but which other gems should I focus on ASAP?
Last edited by bomb714 on Sep 8, 2014, 4:24:09 AM
I leveled up as LMP/GMP Freeze Pulse till around level ~55. I did the build exactly except I didn't take Ancestral Bond. Shockwave Totem feels weak until you get a 5 link at least.

Any 5 link will increase your DPS a LOT. The biggest DPS boost after that is getting 2x Divinarius or a 6 link. If you have a 6 link, you can remove the Divinarius and use wands with high spell dmg + casting speed.

Look at his gear and the linked gems in each item. You should be able to understand why he is using Ice Spear on your own, otherwise just uninstall computer.
I cant afford a 5 link CoD, so i use a Rime Gaze and its fine for me. Im lvl 76 and have ~10k dps per totem. My gear is mostly 2-5 chaos, i havent taken many crit nodes yet and i got only 3 power charges.

Gears

del
Last edited by nnrx on Sep 8, 2014, 1:59:29 PM
"
I leveled up as LMP/GMP Freeze Pulse till around level ~55. I did the build exactly except I didn't take Ancestral Bond. Shockwave Totem feels weak until you get a 5 link at least.

Any 5 link will increase your DPS a LOT. The biggest DPS boost after that is getting 2x Divinarius or a 6 link. If you have a 6 link, you can remove the Divinarius and use wands with high spell dmg + casting speed.

Look at his gear and the linked gems in each item. You should be able to understand why he is using Ice Spear on your own, otherwise just uninstall computer.

I honestly don't know I am fairly new. I'll take a stab at it though - He casts for crits for the power charges? ( I guess even though no damage is done, he can still crit?)- Which grants charges?

Throw me a bone here, I really don't understand the mechanics and thats why I'm coming here for advice.

Its appreciated!

Thanks,
You are 100% right. :)

PCOC is usually linked with Ice Spear because of the "Second form has 600% increased chance to crit".
Last edited by Zoxjib on Sep 8, 2014, 7:39:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info