[1.3] HvR's Crit Shockwave 3M Beyond Witch - Beginner Friendly - Atziri Down

"
oztaahh wrote:
What is your dps without power charges ? I dont want to bother with generating them, is it viable without it ? Or id better go no crit ?

If you actually are that lazy where you rather not generate power charges you can still get almost 23% crit on your totems but the 5 charges get you to around 35 I believe. Its probably still viable without power charges but there is really no reason to not run them, its more damage and at the cost of little to no clear speed loss. Especially with vaal haste, cast speed just gets ridiculous
"
AgonyEvolved wrote:
"
oztaahh wrote:
What is your dps without power charges ? I dont want to bother with generating them, is it viable without it ? Or id better go no crit ?

If you actually are that lazy where you rather not generate power charges you can still get almost 23% crit on your totems but the 5 charges get you to around 35 I believe. Its probably still viable without power charges but there is really no reason to not run them, its more damage and at the cost of little to no clear speed loss. Especially with vaal haste, cast speed just gets ridiculous

Yeah, i understand that power charges are a nice dps boost. But i remember running dual spark with ice spear power charges and i didnt like it at all :) Maybe i should give it another chance. Thanks for your answer.
There's really nothing else to do other than generating power charges while waiting for the totems to kill...

It gets better when you have FCR gem and those 3+3+6 FCR nodes.
Currently level 69:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgPqxEtEZYWvxo4JpUpTyoLKhMsnCynLR8y0T1fQZZFR0WdRtdJUUmyTLNSU1NSVUtVxlnzWitdxl3yXypgbWHiZJ1qQ20ZbWxwUnDVfIN_xoIQgh6DOIPbidOMNo_6kFWVIJUul5WX9JrgnYCio6Pyp4Sus7UEtUi4k8AawFTB88360PXbC93z34rfsOQi6-Tr7uv17DjvfPDV8h3z6g==

Goal for 82:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgPqxEtEZYUTRZvFr8W8xo4GmwkqiY8JpUpTyoLKhMsnCynLR8vnTLRNuk9X0GWRUdFnUbXSVFJskyzUDBSU1NSVUtVxlnzWitdxl3yXypgbWHiZJ1qQ20ZbWxwUnDVfIN_xoIQgh6DOIPbidOMNo5kj_qQVZUglS6XlZf0muCdgKIAoqOj8qeErrO1BLVItvq4k7zqwBrAVMHzzfrQ9dsL217d89-K37DjauQi6-Tr7uv17DjvfPDV8h3z6vem

Steamrolling through maps right now.
"
foojin wrote:
Currently level 69:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgPqxEtEZYWvxo4JpUpTyoLKhMsnCynLR8y0T1fQZZFR0WdRtdJUUmyTLNSU1NSVUtVxlnzWitdxl3yXypgbWHiZJ1qQ20ZbWxwUnDVfIN_xoIQgh6DOIPbidOMNo_6kFWVIJUul5WX9JrgnYCio6Pyp4Sus7UEtUi4k8AawFTB88360PXbC93z34rfsOQi6-Tr7uv17DjvfPDV8h3z6g==

Goal for 82:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgPqxEtEZYUTRZvFr8W8xo4GmwkqiY8JpUpTyoLKhMsnCynLR8vnTLRNuk9X0GWRUdFnUbXSVFJskyzUDBSU1NSVUtVxlnzWitdxl3yXypgbWHiZJ1qQ20ZbWxwUnDVfIN_xoIQgh6DOIPbidOMNo5kj_qQVZUglS6XlZf0muCdgKIAoqOj8qeErrO1BLVItvq4k7zqwBrAVMHzzfrQ9dsL217d89-K37DjauQi6-Tr7uv17DjvfPDV8h3z6vem

Steamrolling through maps right now.

Is the Purity of Flesh really worth it? You can spec into Blood Drinker and save a point for the exact same +Life% and save a skill point. Use that skill point to grab one of the +5% nodes or Shamanistic fury for 16% damage to totems.

I rarely ever die to Chaos damage, and it's a jump to go up there. Is it worth the +20% chaos and the +10 Strength?
Hmmm, how the hell did he have 40k per totem before Void Battery?

Here's my current gear and build at level 80 and I have roughly 11.5k damage per totem with 6 Power charges:

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgRLRGWFE0WbxbzGjgabB_HJKomPClPKgsqEyt4LJwspy0fL50y0TbpPV9BlkVHRZ1G10lRSbJMs1AwUlNTUlXGWfNaK13GXfJfKmBtY0NknWpDbRlwUnDVfIN-WX_GghCCHoM4g9uJ045kj_qQVZUglS6XlZf0muCdgKIAoqOj8qeErrO1BLb6uJPAGsBUwfPN-tD12wvbXt3z34rfsONq5CLr5Ovu6_XsOO988NXyHfPq96Y=

Gear
Spoiler

I know I'm missing the 6th link but that one thing cant mean 30k difference in damage, can it? :|
"
Hmmm, how the hell did he have 40k per totem before Void Battery?

Here's my current gear and build at level 80 and I have roughly 11.5k damage per totem with 6 Power charges:

Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgRLRGWFE0WbxbzGjgabB_HJKomPClPKgsqEyt4LJwspy0fL50y0TbpPV9BlkVHRZ1G10lRSbJMs1AwUlNTUlXGWfNaK13GXfJfKmBtY0NknWpDbRlwUnDVfIN-WX_GghCCHoM4g9uJ045kj_qQVZUglS6XlZf0muCdgKIAoqOj8qeErrO1BLb6uJPAGsBUwfPN-tD12wvbXt3z34rfsONq5CLr5Ovu6_XsOO988NXyHfPq96Y=

Gear
Spoiler

I know I'm missing the 6th link but that one thing cant mean 30k difference in damage, can it? :|

The thing is, havoc had that DPS when he was around his 90s. By 84~ you can have the first cluster of cast speed nodes, but by 90, you can get another 12% cast speed, 2 more power charges, and begin working on getting the crit multi south of EB. That is a lot of DPS. Another thing is cast speed does a lot for your tooltip DPS if I recall correctly. having around 60-70% SPD with 18-22 cast speed instead of 13 will definitely be a big boost to your tooltip DPS. On top of that, the crit multi is infact a huge boost to your DPS (Obviously), 149% crit multi is huge (20/20 crit dmg). Basically 225% increased crit multiplier. It'll give you a large boost. Essentially you are missing levels, and have somewhat low cast speed on your wands. I would try to find wands that have the hybrid SPD/Mana mod with high cast speed and then craft 40%~ SPD on them this way you can get an easy 70% SPD and get a good chunk of bonus cast speed compared to your current setup.

That DPS you have seems a bit low though for having 6 charges, is that with or without them up? I currently get around 14K~ with 5 charges up and I use a crit multi gem instead of conc effect which gives lower tooltip DPS.

Also, regarding your skill tree. I think you went the wrong route to start personally. I think you should take out the power charge node and respec all of your shadow crit nodes and also the cast speed you picked up. After doing that go down to coordination, then from there work on getting the shadow crit nodes. By doing this you will be able to respec out of the Practical Application node because of the newly acquired dexterity.
Here is what it should look like.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgRLRGWFE0Wbxo4GmwkqilPKhMsnCynLR8y0TbpPV9BlkVHRZ1G10lRSbJMs1AwUlNTUlXGWfNaK13GXfJfKmBtZJ1qQ20ZfIN-WX_GghCCHoM4g9uOZI_6kFWVIJUul5WX9JrgnYCiAKKjo_KnhK6ztQS2-riTwBrAVMHzzfrQ9dsL217d89-K37DjauQi6-Tr7uv17DjvfPDV8h33pqIuUEKMNlVLYeImlRa_cNWJ03BSKgs=

once you get 3 more levels, THEN you can do this. Respec out of the +30 dex node south of EB because you will be getting 30 dex via the quickness node and also the 2 dex nodes connecting to Coordination, once you connect these you can spec out of the 2 int nodes you used to get to trickery and put them back into the cast speed nodes I recommended speccing out of.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCBx4HpQj0DkgRLRGWFE0Wbxo4GmwkqilPKhMsnCynLR8y0TbpPV9BlkVHRZ1G10lRSbJMs1AwUlNTUlXGWfNaK13GXfJfKmBtZJ1qQ20ZfIN_xoIQgh6DOIPbjmSP-pBVlSCVLpeVl_Sa4J2AogCio6Pyp4Sus7UEtvq4k8AawFTB88360PXbC9te3fPfit-w42rkIuvk6-7r9ew473zw1fId96aMNlVLYeImlRa_cNWJ03BSKgvz6rVIbWwPqy-dFvM=

Hopefully this helps, it's what I did and also I'm pretty sure havoc did this as well.

Yea, that's my DPS with 6 charges up.

Your stuff looks good, I'll try it now and update.

-EDIT: The tooltip DPS went down by about 400 per totem (Lost 1 charge, 3% casting speed)
Last edited by Zoxjib on Sep 6, 2014, 6:33:47 AM
"
Yea, that's my DPS with 6 charges up.

Your stuff looks good, I'll try it now and update.

-EDIT: The tooltip DPS went down by about 400 per totem (Lost 1 charge, 3% casting speed)

Yeah, you're going to lose DPS initially because you're a few levels behind, but once you get to 84 you will have more nodes than you had prior and your DPS SHOULD be higher.

Also, the 20% phys damage from quickness is like 600 dps or something so that's a big node.
You also only have a level 18 shockwave totem, so once you get a level 20 your DPS should go up by at the very least 1K. I would suggest leveling multiple shockwave totems in your weapon swaps so you can try to vaal orb for a level 21 because since shockwave totem is a spell and spells scale very well with levels, it will be yet again, a nice boost to your DPS.
Last edited by AgonyEvolved on Sep 6, 2014, 9:53:47 AM
Wow. This build is all about the 6 link.

I just tried to go full DPS in 5 link by removing increased AOE and using totem+added fire+conc effect+fcr and the DPS of each totem went up almost double. It's barely usable because the AOE is so tiny now but it just shows... 6l must be acquired asap.

-edit: also purchased 2x Divinarius (8 chaos each) and.. wow. This allowed me to use conc effect and remove inc aoe, my DPS almost doubled.

Divinarius is CLEARLY better than ANYTHING, unless you manage to acquire a 6 link chest.
Last edited by Zoxjib on Sep 6, 2014, 4:35:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info