Fireball

I did add the black core to it btw Charan. I may look at it a bit more in the future. I was really bogged down with this patch stuff so didn't really have time to go back and make tweaks to finished effects. I was pretty pleased with how it looked when I was playing last night. Certainly looks more modern and more like fire. I tried making it more red but it looked less and less like fire and more like ... pink.

Also the explosion has proper flip book footage in it now which is good. Gave it more impact. Looks kinda like this but more circular.

I think maybe the smoke needs to be darker on the trail though.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
I did add the black core to it btw Charan. I may look at it a bit more in the future. I was really bogged down with this patch stuff so didn't really have time to go back and make tweaks to finished effects. I was pretty pleased with how it looked when I was playing last night. Certainly looks more modern and more like fire. I tried making it more red but it looked less and less like fire and more like ... pink.

Also the explosion has proper flip book footage in it now which is good. Gave it more impact. Looks kinda like this but more circular.

I thought I noticed a bit of a change. And I hope you know any and all of my criticism comes from a place of love. You do such amazing work everywhere else. Sorry if I came across as a bit of a dick.

But in all fairness, I think you can improve it still. That said, I don't know what constraints you're working with now that they have trails. Darker smoke might be a good idea, yeah.

I think I'd just make the ball bigger so that the dark, molten core is more noticeable.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Fireball looks better already but please, pretty please, make it bigger. Not Street Fighter Hadoken big but still bigger so it gives that fiery death visual orgasm. My god I'm an enthusiastic lad. :D
I believe the impact sound is a little weak. Maybe have a look at that also?

Anyway, great work guys. This game is what made me stop looking for Diablo clones and look confident to the future of ARPG genre. Some say PoE is a true succesor to Diablo, I believe it's much better.
Hi

The new fireball is OK my issue with it is the sound, it doesn't sound beefy anymore like a fireball should. Basically for a comaprisons sake: the new fireball looks and sounds like a firebolt now, a slow firebolt.

Fireball dragon mtx ftw!

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I really like the new Fireball. It's a big improvement.
I like the new fireball. It looks hotter...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Russell wrote:

I just want to say, that the game doesnt drop in FPS when using a lot of fireball as before. There is a huge performance improvement for me in that area
Hi

IS it me or did the fireball dragon mtx get changed?

Don't ever recall seeing wings, just big skull head and ribcage/spine, seems like now the dragon effect has wings and less ribcage/spine and less head. I checked the mtx video and noted it has changed also...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Aug 26, 2014, 2:47:16 PM
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

IS it me or did the fireball dragon mtx get changed?

Don't ever recall seeing wings, just big skull head and ribcage/spine, seems like now the dragon effect has wings and less ribcage/spine and less head. I checked the mtx video and noted it has changed also...

cheers

Nope we dont ever change mtx unless it was a mistake. Also yes the fireballs were made with new tech so now they are very unperformance heavy.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
very unperformance heavy.

?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type