Fireball

Dear GGG, you make a great job in adding to this great game. But of course you cannot please everyone. And this time is my turn to share my discontent with one of the changes. I really wish to know what made you change the way Fireball looks? It was beautiful, fiery, explosive. Now it's small, ball shaped, ugly. Truly ugly. Annoyingly ugly. Off-putting! It's seems powerless to me, visually speaking. Old Fireball with Lesser Multiple Projectiles and Fork was, for me, one of the most good looking things in PoE. Was it laggy? Will you have the old effect as a purchase in the shop? Please make some time and answer this questions. Thank you in advance.
the new fireball looks awesome and is quite smooth at lvl1 without gmp/lmp etc.
I feel your pain, OP. I made my arguments, as did a few others.

I think it looks dreadful, and I've told the relevant dev why.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
So I am not alone in this. Felt like taking crazy pills. Thank you Charan.
I'm in disagreement. The new fireball looks great. Keep up the good work GGG. If I knew the relevant dev who did it, I would contact them and tell them why I thought the improvement is great.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!

"
I'm in disagreement. The new fireball looks great. Keep up the good work GGG. If I knew the relevant dev who did it, I would contact them and tell them why I thought the improvement is great.

Russell. A little forum digging, notably the art board, reveals that.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I wasn't sure if the trails applied to the dragon.

And an mtx should never be the solution. :p

The old Fireball was engulfed in flames, had visual impact and "acted" like a fireball. This new one seems to me like a tenis ball with some yelowish thing around it, too transparent ant too small. For sure, it's the way I see it but it's the single thing in this game that seems out of place for me. For example I wish Ball Lightning to be as big as Piety's but it still beautiful. Fireball now seems more apropriate for a game like Diablo 3. And yes, it bothers me so much that I made a thread about it. The only time when I voiced my dissatisfaction was in the past when there was a change in the voices of Zombies, from monster growl to fading old men. :D But I digres. Good day to everyone.
I don't like the new effect. Even though the fireball itself is ugly, what turns me off the most is the channeling effect: it's TOO FAST.
http://slysherz.blogspot.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info