Conversion Trap New Mechanic

Conversion trap should of never effected players. You can look at it from a strategic point of view in team duels or 1v1. At the end of the day it isn't. Its a tool that's been abused in duels to timer scam. It's there to piss people off, troll team duels and ultimately should of never worked against players in the first place. I'm glad GGG has finally assigned someone to PVP duty.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Conversion trap should of never effected players. You can look at it from a strategic point of view in team duels or 1v1. At the end of the day it isn't. Its a tool that's been abused in duels to timer scam. It's there to piss people off, troll team duels and ultimately should of never worked against players in the first place. I'm glad GGG has finally assigned someone to PVP duty.

^ exactly.

Even though one or two ppl may use it probably and efficiently; the possible abuse and the element of RNG in teams makes conversion trap the most silly gem possible in a pvp environment. Those who were using it in a non abusive way will figure something new out. there is a bunch of tools like smoke mine, empowered bear traps, lightning warp with reduce duration and swapping to off hand leapslam/whirling blades. You'll get over it. I do think it is for the best in the end.
IGN: @GreenDude
Is there any reason you wouldn't want to add another dimension to PvP? Is there something particularly wrong with the mechanic offered? Or do you just not want it?
Last edited by AleronDescends on Aug 26, 2014, 8:10:41 PM
Realisation: Conversion Trap not affecting players... may actually be global (not just for 1v1/3v3), despite what the patch notes say.

Does it work for you guys in Sarn Arena, CTF, or the bandit fights?
Code warrior
I can confirm it doesn't work in arena.
"
Rhys wrote:
Realisation: Conversion Trap not affecting players... may actually be global (not just for 1v1/3v3), despite what the patch notes say.

Great! You guys should now write a line on the gem itself:

"Does not work on unique monsters or players"
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

Great! You guys should now write a line on the gem itself:

"Does not work on unique monsters or players"

Sometimes I wish you would actually take the time to address the points brought up in the thread. While this would be nice, it doesn't really contribute to the thread at all.
Are you serious? What is your problem man? Rhys posted about the gem here so i replied to him here. Why are you making up rules. I am on the topic of the gem. Your constantly being a dick to me. If you dont like me so be it but that post you just made is quite ridiculous. You wanted me to reply to Rhy in a new thread about the same gem to make my suggestion? Dont be ridiculous.
Last edited by GreenDude on Aug 27, 2014, 11:43:42 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
Are you serious? What is your problem man? Rhys posted about the gem here so i replied to him here. Why are you making up rules. I am on the topic of the gem. Your constantly being a dick to me. If you dont like me so be it but that post you just made is quite ridiculous. You wanted me to reply to Rhy in a new thread about the same gem to make my suggestion? Dont be ridiculous.

This wasn't quite what I was getting at. I appreciate and welcome any discussion, but I simply wanted to remind you that this was not a thread about whether or not conversion trap should or shouldn't be re-implemented. It's gone, and I've accepted this. However, I have taken note of GGG's intentions of how to approach conversion trap in the end. As such, I have created a thread in an attempt to try to give GGG ideas on what might be balanced and what could add extra dynamics to the game. I'm sorry if it came across in an offensive manner, but I simply want to see how I can improve the PvP aspect of PoE.

As far creating a new thread, I believe that would be the proper course of action. That, or PMing really. In this thread, however, it seems as if your last comment came across as to officially stamp conversion trap as dead so it may never come back, and avoid previous discussions altogether. Advising a tag on a thread about conversion trap is a subtle way to do it. Otherwise, I would more likely assume a new thread would simply be to inform players of extra mechanics in the game.
"
"
GreenDude wrote:

This wasn't quite what I was getting at. I appreciate and welcome any discussion, but I simply wanted to remind you that this was not a thread about whether or not conversion trap should or shouldn't be re-implemented. It's gone, and I've accepted this. However, I have taken note of GGG's intentions of how to approach conversion trap in the end. As such, I have created a thread in an attempt to try to give GGG ideas on what might be balanced and what could add extra dynamics to the game. I'm sorry if it came across in an offensive manner, but I simply want to see how I can improve the PvP aspect of PoE.

As far creating a new thread, I believe that would be the proper course of action. That, or PMing really. In this thread, however, it seems as if your last comment came across as to officially stamp conversion trap as dead so it may never come back, and avoid previous discussions altogether. Advising a tag on a thread about conversion trap is a subtle way to do it. Otherwise, I would more likely assume a new thread would simply be to inform players of extra mechanics in the game.

I don't know, any way you approach it Conversion Trap is a bad idea. Even if it worked...just not as well or had some other dynamic. In the end its a trap that converts the other player to your side and that's just begging for trolling/abuse. I'd wish people completely forgot this gem, focus on better ones that already do/or could serve a purpose.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info