1.2.0 Launch Day Serverside Hotfix

"
sherkhan wrote:
Did you fix the Arctic Armor balance issue?

Mana regen was nerfed across the board (clarity, regen nodes). This was supposedly balanced by lower mana costs for gems. However, Arctic Armor's mana drain wasn't balanced for these changes - making it almost impossible to run.

Could you please fix this (or state that this was an intentional state of AA).

Thanks

Are you serious? Now you can get more mana regen more easily, there are life/es hybrid nodes that help EB users a lot. You you saying that you should be able to run high lvl aa without taking EB? I think not. Now I'm running AA even when levelling because its so easy to get high mana regen.

Also Ele buzzsaw was never an op build. Shouldn't have been nerfed. Only the low life snapshot version was op like all the low life snapshot builds were.
"
DemiDemon wrote:
"
yeah .... this expansion ruined many things ....
Yep, nerfed my Ele Buzzsaw too - half the damage, half the toughness.

That's the third toon in a row I've had ruined by 're-balancing' equating to hundreds of hours of gameplay invested trying to make a late-game viable toon. ST and damage auras were boosted so I invested hundreds of hours levelling gems and just get to where it's fun to play - then they're nerfed again!

GGG - This game isn't in beta anymore! I understood when you nerfed my toons in beta. However when you release a game and then still keep ruining people's toons with patches it's either extremely irresponsible or really bad planning.

Thank you for agreeing and seeing things for majority of ppl , especially those who "actually" support them by buying their packs , i feel that its almost time i quit this game . Bloody waste of my 6 months with this game .
GGG has consistently nerfed "builds of the week" and the flavor of the month stuff. You should not be surprised.

"
DemiDemon wrote:
"

That's the third toon in a row I've had ruined by 're-balancing' equating to hundreds of hours of gameplay invested trying to make a late-game viable toon. ST and damage auras were boosted so I invested hundreds of hours levelling gems and just get to where it's fun to play - then they're nerfed again!

GGG - This game isn't in beta anymore! I understood when you nerfed my toons in beta. However when you release a game and then still keep ruining people's toons with patches it's either extremely irresponsible or really bad planning.
Путин ху_ло ла-ла-ла ла ла
Last edited by _JAWS on Aug 22, 2014, 9:17:43 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
Did you fix the Arctic Armor balance issue?

Mana regen was nerfed across the board (clarity, regen nodes). This was supposedly balanced by lower mana costs for gems. However, Arctic Armor's mana drain wasn't balanced for these changes - making it almost impossible to run.

Could you please fix this (or state that this was an intentional state of AA).

Thanks

I agree with this, I can now run everything without issues, but I have to run EB just so I can use a lvl 4 arctic armor.

doesn't feel right.
"
Kakarot3 wrote:
Everybody, their dog, and the dog's hump pillow knew that ele buzz saw was going to get nerfed.
Really? I must be hanging with the wrong crowd then. Still, good to know that somebody's thinking about canine needs.

"
Kakarot3 wrote:
It isn't GGG's fault that you used your respec to blindy jump into what you had before the patch.
How delicious! You blindly assume that I blindly jumped...

There's this website where you can input your desired passive tree and see if it's viable. Theorycrafting I think it's called. Turned out the Buzzer wasn't worth trying to replicate so I tried something else. Maybe you can check it out when you're done with the dog?

~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
CorranHorn wrote:
GGG has consistently nerfed "builds of the week" and the flavor of the month stuff. You should not be surprised.
Maybe so, in the past, when the game was still in it's beta phase...

Anyway mine wasn't based on a 'build of the week' or flavour of the month. It started with a 1H physical ST toon using a fast foil. However it wasn't doing as well as I'd hoped so I tried an aura or two as they'd recently been buffed and it worked quite well. Then I was given an Alpha's, worked out I could run more auras....

When I was running maps in a party (I've given up trying to play solo all the time) someone called my toon an elemental buzzsaw, first time I'd heard of it. So I googled and worked out that I could improve my build by re-speccing a bit.

Then it started to get popular. And, just as I got my gems up to 20/20 the build got nerfed. (I don't trade so aren't rich. I gave up D3 because I found you needed to trade to do well. I know a couple guts who do currency trading from home and make money - if I wanted to trade I'd be doing that, not getting game gear.)

Really annoys me because my previous main toon was a summoner which didn't do as well as I'd have liked. So I googled, read about using UE spectres and just as I got the different support gems needed for the UEs up to a reasonable level that got nerfed too.

My first ever build was a poison arrow ranger - wanna guess what happened to that?
~DemiDemon~

"
"
DemiDemon wrote:
"

Thank you for agreeing and seeing things for majority of ppl , especially those who "actually" support them by buying their packs , i feel that its almost time i quit this game . Bloody waste of my 6 months with this game .
You know what bugs me? It seems that GGG check the server logs, see what's most popular and think "That must be OP" so they nerf it.

That's really inconsiderate of their clients. Surely it would be better to buff something else so people have another option and can build another toon instead of forcing them to do it by throwing away all of the work they've put into their current best?

As I've said this game isn't beta any more and IMO GGG need to start being proactive instead of so damned reactive. They're treating PoE like an operating system and a powerful build like malware. It's like they feel they have to patch to stop what they see as exploits instead of letting people have fun with the fruits of their labours.
~DemiDemon~

"
VRock wrote:
Also Ele buzzsaw was never an op build. Shouldn't have been nerfed. Only the low life snapshot version was op like all the low life snapshot builds were.
(I might as well keep writing in this thread, AUS servers have been down over 30 minutes.)

I couldn't agree more. I had most of my gems up to 20/20 and, without that elusive 6L that I've spent hours/days/weeks/months orb-farming to try to get, the build was only P (no 'O').

I was still only doing lvl 74 maps and didn't have a hope in hell of killing Atziri - yet all of the time I put into levelling the gems and farming for the gear is gone.

I'm just wondering if it's worth getting on the roundabout for another kicking. I've put more than 3x more money into this game than I've ever paid for any other game as I thought it had potential. However I'm still being treated like I'm a beta tester..

Damn servers still not up and I've re-started the client, computer and modem! <sigh> I might have to see what D3's like post expansion. I've still got hundreds of unspent MTX credits. I wonder if I can get a refund or give them to a friend?
~DemiDemon~

"
DemiDemon wrote:
"
VRock wrote:
(I might as well keep writing in this thread, AUS servers have been down over 30 minutes.)

I couldn't agree more. I had most of my gems up to 20/20 and, without that elusive 6L that I've spent hours/days/weeks/months orb-farming to try to get, the build was only P (no 'O').

I was still only doing lvl 74 maps and didn't have a hope in hell of killing Atziri - yet all of the time I put into levelling the gems and farming for the gear is gone.

I'm just wondering if it's worth getting on the roundabout for another kicking. I've put more than 3x more money into this game than I've ever paid for any other game as I thought it had potential. However I'm still being treated like I'm a beta tester..

Damn servers still not up and I've re-started the client, computer and modem! <sigh> I might have to see what D3's like post expansion. I've still got hundreds of unspent MTX credits. I wonder if I can get a refund or give them to a friend?

RMT confirmed
WTB Pain Pills!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info