[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

i think the breath of flame node its pretty good because its +10%chance to ignite.

this tree here will be probably added in the guide as main tree for the build, but ill keep changing until patch notes

also, grab all the +4 +4 increased radius, every 1 more of aoe is a big buff.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
New tree looks really good so far... sucks that you won't be able to travel far enough to get entropy and high explosives, but nothing you have is worth giving up to get them, since everything is just so efficient in the new Templar and Witch areas.
"
LilCroissant wrote:
New tree looks really good so far... sucks that you won't be able to travel far enough to get entropy and high explosives, but nothing you have is worth giving up to get them, since everything is just so efficient in the new Templar and Witch areas.

entropy will be used, but around lv 85 and clever and construction for traps, meeh, so many points to go there
Totems for life!
"
Mawwk wrote:
i think the breath of flame node its pretty good because its +10%chance to ignite.

this tree here will be probably added in the guide as main tree for the build, but ill keep changing until patch notes

also, grab all the +4 +4 increased radius, every 1 more of aoe is a big buff.

Sorry but disagree you get 44% chance to ignite off gem, 10% from accessible nodes and up to 10% off Q20 inc burning damage , if you still struggle you could use those funny gang's momentum shoes that give 5-7% chance to ignite. That makes up 64 or 71% if you were to use unique shoes. Also lvl 20 Flammability gives 14% chance to ignite... so it adds up very high with out that pesky Breath of flames cluster. even with out shoes thats like 78% chance to ignite there... Late game that is.

For 4 points you get 10% chance to ignite , 40 % ignite duration which is rubbish and 20% fire damage which is 5% per 4 freaking points on average. Rather dive into fire walker since 3 points will give you 36% dmg and 15% fire res fairly better deal there. Whereas it might help early game it will be semi useless late game so I rather pick more base damage over that cluster that is meh...

4% aoe radius nodes are very debatable if you use elemental proliferation which gains radius with lvls... that is only 8% on top of 32% we already have.. quite marginal difference and again 2 freaking points I would maybe pick those nodes if I had access to 5L and was using conc effect and if I were struggling with with aiming... which shouldn't be a problem unless I will be playing drunk. Remember default chest is Carcass Jack 20% Aoe radius , itemization ftw.

Nvm Arcane Focus go Melding cluster instead for crazy HP.

To be honest after that 99 points there is 2 major choices one can do which is:

Be a cow spec. Would love to see it running vitality, not sure how but if possible....
Go super heavy on HP like this: (THIS WILL BE EASIER TO GEAR, since no need to try push in crit / crit multi etc)

247 %hp Fire Trap Templar

Or

Go hard on dps and pick up on crit for superior clear speed:

Fire trap crit Templar

Get yourself 2 nice shiny crit chance rings ,perhaps get some crit on necky or maybe try use maligaro's or some sort of heavy crit items . Maybe try play around with different weapon set ups there is many options available :P. There is only one problem there, you need to get alot of resists having at least 4 unique items equipped that means hard time finding really good stuff for remaining slots... I imagine the damage will be sort of nuts, squeezing in that fire penetration gem in 6L, yes please. THIS WILL BE HARDER TO GEAR BE WARNED, have to cater crit chance / multi of unique gear = less space for hp / resists etc...

Sorry for wall of text trying to justify my pathing and explain the thinking behind my choices..

PS. Forget Armor nodes, they are bad we will not have much base armor ... its like granite flask gonna be our armor source lel or maybe even jade flask if I were to be crit build with maligaro's & rats nest..

Gonna need heavy resistance rares with hp / mp / mp regen / flat ES / % ES / movement speed on shoes.

I will roll something similar to "cow concept" not to struggle to much with itemization at start. See how it goes..

PS. Not going for clever construction it eats far too many points.... gonna have to think of dealing with excessive incoming aoe damage somehow. Also decided not to take Entropy is sort of worse Holy fire cluster and there 10 int node on the way to get there too.. Instead decieded to pick 14 / 12% elemental damage nodes at start of templar that work both on initial fire damage hit as well as degeneration of fire trap.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 11, 2014, 1:27:29 AM
About the 4 nodes to get breath of flames

From the Wiki "Increasing the duration of the Ignite, either via Temporal Chains or the % increased Ignite duration modifier, causes the ignite to deal the same damage per second over a greater period of time."

40% ignite duration from tree and 30% ignite duration from chance to ignite = 70% more duration

If you were ignited for 1000 per second with no duration that would be 4000 damage after 4 seconds.

If you were ignited for 1000 per second with 70% ignite duration that would be 6800 damage after 6.8 seconds.

My enemies will also be under temporal chains which will increase the duration even longer. I am not sure on the exact calculations but I think... 20/20 temporal chains will double the length of the ignite duration during its 6 second effect. After 6 seconds it will count as 3 seconds burned. Meaning 3.8 seconds are left so 9.8 total seconds burned for a total of 9800 damage.

Honestly I have no idea if my math is right but I think burn duration is insane.

60% burn damage from tree, 30% burn damage from fire trap, 70% burn damage on searing touch.

160% burn damage. Increasing the duration a monster ignites by 70% should increase your total burn damage by 70% since you will burn the same DPS each second.

+ the 10% chance to ignite

Edit: Just realized ele prolif also has burn duration
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Dec 10, 2014, 11:59:46 PM
"
Powster wrote:
A
Edit: Just realized ele prolif also has burn duration

Yuppers you get 15% burning duration from Q20 Ele Proliferation gem and 30% Burn duration from Q20 Chance to ignite gem = 45% Burning duration total just from gems. Hence mobs will burn for bit under 6 seconds total, I don't think with amount of damage we will have there is any need to prolong that any further.. as I already explained we are good with chance to ignite late game percentage wise and 20% fire damage derived of 4 points investment =5% per node on average, doesn't look good compared versus anything anywhere on the tree to be honest.

Also for early game leveling I would be using Mokou's Embrace Ruby Ring mmaaaaaybe it gives up to 10% chance to ignite just to compensate lower chance to ignite early game.

But yeah if 45% burning duration is not enough for you and you want burns go on suuuuuuuuuper long lol then take those breath of flames if you want. I shall pass on those.
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 11, 2014, 2:07:12 AM
I have no idea what I was thinking earlier. I realized after I made the post that I would not just sit and watch a mob burn to death. If I ran to the next pack while it burns to death I would never see loot, so I would obviously just throw another fire trap.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
"
maotzu wrote:

Be a cow spec. Would love to see it running vitality, not sure how but if possible....
Go super heavy on HP like this: (THIS WILL BE EASIER TO GEAR, since no need to try push in crit / crit multi etc)

247 %hp Fire Trap Templar

Sorry for wall of text trying to justify my pathing and explain the thinking behind my choices..

PS. Forget Armor nodes, they are bad we will not have much base armor ... its like granite flask gonna be our armor source lel or maybe even jade flask if I were to be crit build with maligaro's & rats nest..

Gonna need heavy resistance rares with hp / mp / mp regen / flat ES / % ES / movement speed on shoes.

I will roll something similar to "cow concept" not to struggle to much with itemization at start. See how it goes..

man, im loving to see u guys helping to make this build better, i dont have much time to do it.

about vitality, in last leagues, without the mana res nodes i was able to run the 3 auras + AA without problems, i dont know how its going to be this league, since we dont have patch notes yet.

probbably the tree posted in the guide will be this one:

109 points

also, i wanna know what u guys think about using 2 curses, with the boots or the ring, maybe corrupting a foible with extra curse.
Totems for life!
"
Mawwk wrote:

man, im loving to see u guys helping to make this build better, i dont have much time to do it.

about vitality, in last leagues, without the mana res nodes i was able to run the 3 auras + AA without problems, i dont know how its going to be this league, since we dont have patch notes yet.

probbably the tree posted in the guide will be this one:

109 points

also, i wanna know what u guys think about using 2 curses, with the boots or the ring, maybe corrupting a foible with extra curse.

Looks pretty slick :P , only debatable node I could see is that 5% node above Discipline and Training by start of templar obviously varies of needs but I hear Templar starting 14% ele dmg node is supposed to get some sort of minor buff perhaps it will be worth taking that one over 5% hp.

Pretty much as always Gear vs Passives. Make it woooooooooooork & enjoy rekin' stuff up :)

PS. I'm selling cheap Shav's Wrappings on Standard if anyone is interested pm me in game rofl XD
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 11, 2014, 5:58:46 AM
"
maotzu wrote:

Looks pretty slick :P , only debatable node I could see is that 5% node above Discipline and Training by start of templar obviously varies of needs but I hear Templar starting 14% ele dmg node is supposed to get some sort of minor buff perhaps it will be worth taking that one over 5% hp.

Pretty much as always Gear vs Passives. Make it woooooooooooork & enjoy rekin' stuff up :)

PS. I'm selling cheap Shav's Wrappings on Standard if anyone is interested pm me in game rofl XD

yeah, for the early game every hp node helps a bit, but, like you said, its all about gear first, in a fresh league who knows what are u going to drop.
Totems for life!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info