[1.1] [1.2] [1.3] [2.0 RIP build]. Maawk Firetrapper

skill tree for 1.3 updated.

- Carcass jack + Cloak of Defiance versions will be the same, for cloak just run clarity/discipline, for carcass add vitality aura.
- Shield version: im working on it, dont know if this variation is going to work, ill keep checking.
- the links for the 1.3 tree its not working yet, for who wants check, download the offline skill tree updated here: (thx to reddit and ggg working on this offline tree)

any sugestions/changes in the tree will be welcome to help in this few days, free feel to coment and help the build works even better.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
I am running this at the moment and vitality just feels lackluster. Most of my regen seems to come from flasks. Is there another aura I am not thinking of that might help with defenses?
"
Jimke wrote:
I am running this at the moment and vitality just feels lackluster. Most of my regen seems to come from flasks. Is there another aura I am not thinking of that might help with defenses?

vitality aura isn't a big boost for the life regen, with a lv16+ your hp regen will be something around 110 - 130, you can choose another 40% aura if you want, like purity of lighting/fire/cold, or purity of elements
Totems for life!
Hi Mawwk!

I love your build, but i am really concerned about dying in the new HC League.

Also, i know i will use more of a standard approach to survival - high life/armor.

I played a bit with the tree and went into the marauder part by skipping shadow.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8DmjyfEvwH7aGogDtIASzgpvsOClPnjwnL-QijHaQVRpsGjidrjbpPQ_AGhJppwgkqhzOcYUXHBhl2t3YJBZvK1B65nF5NsXjag3NY_0fAv5URtcEBzI02rmD20yzr7exQlXGl5WHZTpYUlOsmD1fl_TxbG0ZNtghsAj0SRs098BUKo2XhWpD7FUulDwFmjvvfMT2_gq3PsauPC3YvfJFplc64U3jNZL-j331J-0ZLtlhrY3PfoIH8kHSIVcN8ax8uCkuGj5fP-8OFCBQRwn21HwGDq9sTP_ZfD38jM_2SFhjlnQ=

Could this be possible, or will i run into trouble?
"
Socksdryer wrote:
Hi Mawwk!

Also, i know i will use more of a standard approach to survival - high life/armor.

I played a bit with the tree and went into the marauder part by skipping shadow.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8DmjyfEvwH7aGogDtIASzgpvsOClPnjwnL-QijHaQVRpsGjidrjbpPQ_AGhJppwgkqhzOcYUXHBhl2t3YJBZvK1B65nF5NsXjag3NY_0fAv5URtcEBzI02rmD20yzr7exQlXGl5WHZTpYUlOsmD1fl_TxbG0ZNtghsAj0SRs098BUKo2XhWpD7FUulDwFmjvvfMT2_gq3PsauPC3YvfJFplc64U3jNZL-j331J-0ZLtlhrY3PfoIH8kHSIVcN8ax8uCkuGj5fP-8OFCBQRwn21HwGDq9sTP_ZfD38jM_2SFhjlnQ=

Armor is not ideal for this, forces you into gear choices , granite flask reliant and you do not have IR for party auras / grace conversion etc..
For fire trapper ideal chest is carcass jack that is EV / ES based or Cloak of Defiance (which would be my choice for HC if i wanted to be tankier or knew encounter wields risk) which is ES / EV based. I would rather get quality Inc burning damage and drop some of those nodes up north or witch side (20% burning duration... EWWW!)

Better get yo mitigation of arctic armor with Inner force cluster to amplify base dmg reduction, you can use +2 cold / +1 gem 1h weapon and shield as alternative if you want to be bulkier. Many options available.. End of the story is good ol' AA is worth alot of armor and helps against fire damage.

Designed to be run with AA.
Similar amount of HP and bit more dps. Gonna have to cater Dex from gear or master craft mods. Otherwise drop something and pick those 30 dex nodes as temporary solution.

This is my plan for Torment:

117pts

And build is fairly flexible.
You can drop hp if you wanted more dps or crit or block.. play with shield and try squeeze in tempest shield gem ~
Whatever you want.

PS. Starts as shadow cause that 14mp / 14 hp node is not very appealing :(
PS2. They just changed templar starting nodes ..
Last edited by maotzu on Dec 10, 2014, 4:05:56 AM
"
maotzu wrote:

Armor is not ideal for this, forces you into gear choices , granite flask reliant and you do not have IR for party auras / grace conversion etc..
For fire trapper ideal chest is carcass jack that is EV / ES based or Cloak of Defiance (which would be my choice for HC if i wanted to be tankier or knew encounter wields risk) which is ES / EV based. I would rather get quality Inc burning damage and drop some of those nodes up north or witch side (20% burning duration... EWWW!)

Better get yo mitigation of arctic armor with Inner force cluster to amplify base dmg reduction, you can use +2 cold / +1 gem 1h weapon and shield as alternative if you want to be bulkier. Many options available.. End of the story is good ol' AA is worth alot of armor and helps against fire damage.

Designed to be run with AA.
Similar amount of HP and bit more dps. Gonna have to cater Dex from gear or master craft mods. Otherwise drop something and pick those 30 dex nodes as temporary solution.

This is my plan for Torment:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzgpvsOClPJy_kIpBVGmwaOJ2uNunAGhJppwgkqnGFFxwYZdrd2CQWb3rmcXk2xeNqY_0fAkbXBAfauevkg9tMs7FCXypVxpeVOlhSU6yYPV-X9PFsNthJGyqN7FU8BZo773z53eFzU1JFnZrg6-64k_4Ktz5Bh_nogsco-ti9plc64fJFNZL-j03jh2WvtzI0jHa3MRhdPO8=

And build is fairly flexible.
You can drop hp if you wanted more dps or crit or block.. play with shield and try squeeze in tempest shield gem ~
Whatever you want.

PS. Starts as shadow cause that 14mp / 14 hp node is not very appealing :(
PS2. They just changed templar starting nodes ..

Thanks! I will try your build with minor adjustments

I think my build will look a bit like this at ~lvl60

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzgpvsOClPJy_kIpBVGmwaOJ2uNunAGhJppwgkqnGFFxwYZdrd2CQWb3rmcXk2xeNqY_0fAkbXBAfauevkg9tMs7FCXypVxpeVOlhSU6yYPV-X9PFsNthJGyqN7FU8BZo773z53eFzU1JFnZrg6-64k_4Ktz5Bh_nogsco-ti9plc64fJFNZL-j03jh2WvtzI0jHa3MRhdPO8=
Last edited by Socksdryer on Dec 10, 2014, 5:06:02 AM
"
Socksdryer wrote:
Hi Mawwk!

with this tree will be hard to run AA without eb, its so daam hard to reach a decent amount of mana regen, you got a lot of life, i think around 180% its alrdy good, in last beyond league, with 179% i was with 4600hp at lv 82.

'maotzu' said everything, AA + inner its a best choice instead of armour.
Totems for life!
guys i made a mistake in the first tree for 1.3, i forgot yo grab AMPLIFY node in templar start, but alrdy fixed, the tree maybe will be changing until friday.
Totems for life!
"
Socksdryer wrote:

No.. don't shoot yourself in the foot.

You see my tree doesn't provide as much "mana" on its own you really have to supplement amount of base mana via EB and use some items that provide flat ES. Be it gloves or shoes or helmet or have shield or accessories along with Discipline to amplify amount of mana you will have. Few of % mp regen mods here and there would help as well to be able to sustain your AA.

AA at lvl 20 will eat 227.9 * 1.26 (due to inner force + devotion modifier's) = 350.1 mp / sec when you're mobile, that's alot of mp regen needed. I am not talking about corrupting AA to level 21 / Empower / + gem level from 1hander you could use if you wanted. Sadly AA causes mana degeneration and - skill cost nodes don't affect it, its cast cost is 0.

EB is like mandatory keystone for this spec if you want to run your high lvl AA and draw as much damage mitigation your set up enables.

High mp regen will also let you not to worry about 5-6 link fire trap set up, mana consumption will be covered by very high mp regen. Hence no need for - skill cost nodes.

Also if you decided to use Cloak of Defiance instead of Carcass Jack it would boost your survivality quite a bit with built in MoM, so whatever unreserved mana + high mp regen you will have it would offset some of incomming damage on your mana instead of your hp, mind you high mp regen will help.

There is way to incorporate armor in this build but it will need alot of points at cost of either damage nodes or hp nodes which is not exactly in your best interest.

Perhaps try this as 85 points frame:
85 pts

85pts v.2 If you didn't mind to have lil less hp or you could make it up via gear but you were struggling with Dex. Dive into shadow nodes later on. There is is bunch of important nodes that are literally next to each other, you shouldn't skip those. Also that side of tree give you access to bunch of crit nodes or block nodes if you ever were to alter your build a little.

Last edited by maotzu on Dec 10, 2014, 7:10:44 AM
I really like the v2 version.

Thanks to both of you :)

I would have gotten EB, but much later on.

This looks more reasonable!

Edit: When is a good time to skill Inner Force, as it would increase the mana consumption by quite a bit. Can i do it right after EB, or should i wait until maps?
Last edited by Socksdryer on Dec 10, 2014, 7:24:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info