[1.3] Dual Searing Bond + EE [Cheap Starter for Pantless Paupers]

"
Why not put 3 passives into the Shamanistic Fury notable near the Quick Recovery one.

3 passive points for 24% more totem damage seems pretty nice.

Waste of precious points. 24% isn't enough to warrant 3 extra points.
The first node is essentially useless. The second node is only 8%, and the third node is only 16%. That's really not good enough to spend 3 points on.

The build is actually pretty tight. A few of the nodes picked might be construed as not so important in the big scheme of things, but overall it's pretty solid.
"Reach these Rampage Tiers" Challenge Complete.
Screenshot
or
Screenshot

Map: Dunes with only one affix - Slithering (Area is inhabited by Sea Witches and their Spawn)
Gear Setup:
  • Searing Bond - Increased Burning Damage - Faster Casting
  • 5 Quicksilver Flasks
  • DPS: Over 7K
"
Arida wrote:
ATM 42lvl fully self-found, 0 deaths.

Come join HC.
That "Zero Deaths" can't hold itself.
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
"
nmc09331 wrote:
"
Arida wrote:
ATM 42lvl fully self-found, 0 deaths.

Come join HC.
That "Zero Deaths" can't hold itself.

It can. First time I died was around lvl 62 due to a strongbox with all the wrong minions and a rogue exile while I wasn't paying attention. Second time I died was at lvl 64 in my first map due to devourers coming out of a strongbox and again me not paying much attention.

Now at lvl 74 I've died 14 times, and I'd say about 9 or 10 of them were due to my own fault, be it careless non-caring playstyle, or throwing myself at the same rogue exile (or higher lvl vorici or haku area etc.).

The build is not the greatest build ever which will never get you killed, but it is by far the most safe and tanky build I've ever played, and it would hold up just fine in HC.

In fact, the only reason I'm not playing HC this league is because of the new challenges and master grinding being a bit easier on SC than HC.

I'm not sure what you intended with your reply there, but it came across as a tad arrogant to me. That whole HC vs. SC thing is silly at best. I've played both HC and SC in leagues past, and one isn't more fun than the other. Playing SC allows me to play melee or try out wacky builds, where as playing HC generally forces you to go ranged and HP heavy.
Thanks for well written build/guide !
I just got one question:

What are the preferred armor/weapon types and mods in this build ?

"
Taddis5 wrote:
Thanks for well written build/guide !
I just got one question:

What are the preferred armor/weapon types and mods in this build ?

You can see my equipment in My Current Char / Gear tab. Mostly all with Armour, Resistances and Life but a couple of Armour/Evasion items are quite acceptable, just keep your Damage Reduction around 40%.
Weapon - Scepter with +1 to Level of (Fire) Gems is always better than + 20% increased Fire Damage so if you have a choice between +2 to Level of Gems vs +1 to Level of Gems + 20% increased Fire Damage - choose the first one. However, in rings and amulet increased Fire Damage would be nice.
Also Movement Speed in boots is highly preferred.
I hit lvl 82 with the build now, and have replaced a few things here and there. My death count is 18, which is not bad.

I bought this one for 2½ chaos, which is pretty much all round fantastic.

I had to replace my boots too, as it was just too annoying running around with -8% movement speed. Luckily they're also fairly cheap to replace.

Other replaced gear since last post:

Loving this build more and more the higher level I get.
Last edited by Jinxtah on Sep 14, 2014, 8:38:22 AM
I'm happily running this in the ongoing 1 week race, nearing lvl 70 with minimal playtime and less then 10 deaths. PERFECT build mate.

What grinds me gears atm, will it be nerfed or buffed for 1.3? Will you continue and update this?

Thx :)

Gear for reference:

Yes I know about the EC/CWDT dilemma, levelling a second set
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Chronodroid on Dec 4, 2014, 1:25:43 AM
your title:

[1.2] Dual Searing Bond + EE [Cheap Starter for Pantless Paupers]

but EE does not trigger if you do not deal direct damage. (ancestral bond = no dmg)
@Minstrelshadrak
"
your title:

[1.2] Dual Searing Bond + EE [Cheap Starter for Pantless Paupers]

but EE does not trigger if you do not deal direct damage. (ancestral bond = no dmg)

I use lightning trap to trigger the effect of ee and it works just fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info