[1.3] Dual Searing Bond + EE [Cheap Starter for Pantless Paupers]

Great build up to level 69 in beyond league with 4.2k hp and 6.1k tooltip on SB. It was extremely easy to level I tried using searing touch but my resist were an issue, but with better gear I can assume it would be a perfect unique for this build end game.As for EE totems don't proc the fire resist so if you throw ice nova trap/lighting trap they will have negative -50 fire resist on top of flammability which melts rares/bosses.
"
nemmousek wrote:
Kindda dont understand how does Elemental Eq. works here. I would get it if the concept of it would be switching between instant dmgs like fireball and nova .. but that totem create more likely DoT type ...

What I mean => Trap gives instant dmg for example 100 and set +25% lighting -50% for next attack

But Totem gives for example 10 + 10 +10 +10 +10 +10 dmges Xtimes in row during few seconds.

Doesnt elemental rezist switch back immediately after creature touch the beam of totem ?

"Elemental Equilibrium
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and -50% Resistances to other Elements"
Like you said SB is DoT (Burning), it does not hit. That's why it does not proc Reflect, Molten Shell, Tempest Shield, Elemental Equilibrium etc.
it would be very helpful if you showed your gear so we can see what gems you use and how you link everything together.

Apart from that, great guide :)
Thanks for the build! If i'd like to get Eldritch Battery, where would you have reallocated sp from?
"
Arida wrote:
"
nemmousek wrote:
Kindda dont understand how does Elemental Eq. works here. I would get it if the concept of it would be switching between instant dmgs like fireball and nova .. but that totem create more likely DoT type ...

What I mean => Trap gives instant dmg for example 100 and set +25% lighting -50% for next attack

But Totem gives for example 10 + 10 +10 +10 +10 +10 dmges Xtimes in row during few seconds.

Doesnt elemental rezist switch back immediately after creature touch the beam of totem ?

"Elemental Equilibrium
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and -50% Resistances to other Elements"
Like you said SB is DoT (Burning), it does not hit. That's why it does not proc Reflect, Molten Shell, Tempest Shield, Elemental Equilibrium etc.

Thx for info :)
Very nice. I've also been doing Searing Bond since Rampage started.

Although I have quite a few differences (Scion, dual curse) it didn't really make a difference. Everything just melts. Only level 71 now since I get so little playing time. Did Dominus at 67 with just under 3k health and it really wasn't a problem. SB definitely takes a different playing style than most builds.

One other thing that adds to SB damage is any 'damage over time' increases (like the DoT nodes near Shadow). They're really too far away now in 1.2 to use, but might as well throw that out there.

The two strnegth points below Faith and Steel. Would it not be better to path through the other two points of Faith and Steel cluster for 16% armor and 10% evasion as opposed to 20 strength?
"
sam6555 wrote:
The two strnegth points below Faith and Steel. Would it not be better to path through the other two points of Faith and Steel cluster for 16% armor and 10% evasion as opposed to 20 strength?

There is no Evasion, only Energy Shield (which is useless for me). If you're not planning to take Plated Defences then you should change route to Armour and Energy Shield nodes, otherwise it will cost you 2 points instead of 1.
I've been using this build, and it is damn near perfect. I'm only lvl 67 right now, but I've pretty much bought all my endgame gear, and am already wearing all of it except for a shield. I'm doing it a bit different than the OP in terms of gear and gems, but the idea stays the same.

For flasks I'm running:

I switch one of the health potions back to a quicksilver when I get tired of running slow.

For when I'm 70 I'll switch shield to:

The boots are just flat out amazing, since the allow me to dual curse, and after some testing I found that I liked Enfeeble the best to go along with Elemental Weakness. I must say that it's really almost silly to spend the money for q20 Elemental Weakness, as Flammability does a fine enough job on its own with 0 quality on it.

None of the above uniques cost very much. The rings were insanely helpful in leveling up and only set me back 1 chaos per ring. I used Goldrim helmet until level 65 for just outrageously good resists (also cost 1c), and then switched to the one I'm currently wearing. For Auras I'm currently running Vitality and Dertermination since I'm fully resistance capped. The reason I'm wearing the amulet is because I needed the dex for the body armor.

My magic find (or item rarity, whatever) is 135%, which is decent enough.

Leveling has been really quick and easy, and most important of all enjoyable. I just started doing maps, which have been a breeze so far as well.

The reason for this post is to perhaps give some inspiration for others who are looking to optimize the gear for next to no cost. I think I paid around 20-22c in total for all the gear I'm wearing (excluding the EW q20 gem). You just have to look for good deals when you're leveling and think ahead.
Last edited by Jinxtah on Sep 5, 2014, 8:20:32 PM
Why not put 3 passives into the Shamanistic Fury notable near the Quick Recovery one.

3 passive points for 24% more totem damage seems pretty nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info