[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

Thoughts on taking the 2% block right above Aegis for 75/75 blocks?
"
omegaorionis wrote:

I took it out and have 74% block now.

I don't think a 1% block node is worth a skill point.
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
"
Zenevieva wrote:
I am loving the build but im wondering about life sustain, I play on the beyond hrdcore league. atm my only for of life leech is coming from the life on hit from cybils paw and life leech from tempest shield I dont feel like this is enough especially if I am taking spike damage, Should I get a lightning leech stone of lazhwar? (i use a fail corrupted one atm with +1 curse boots) how much difference would 1% leech even make? do I need 2%? maybe doriani belt but its not like those are in abundance in Beyond.
1% leech makes a huge, huge difference. The difference between 0% and 1% is the difference between being able to sustain reflect without a problem and being forced to use flasks a ton. I recommend you get a Doryani's Invitation since it is the cheapest way to get 1% leech.

"
GAndersson wrote:
Is the build really completely HC viable? I'm running the Poor man's build at the moment and it's all good right now. I can foresee problems with heavy physical hitters since my physical resistance is pretty much zero. Is there any good/safe way to handle them?
Don't ask me, ask the plenty of people who are facetank-happy in Beyond. There are quite a few people in the top 1k places running the build.

The poor-man version's only counter to heavy hitters is maintaining a life pool of 5-5.5k. The rathpith version has the much-needed MoM to nullify a ton of hard hitters. Once you run MoM, the damage negation is basically worth a couple ten thousand armor against the really hard hits.

"
crowdog wrote:
So how much Mana/Mana Reserved/Mana Regen are we shooting for? How much mana should I have left after auras for MoM to still be useful?

What kinda regen do we need to run AA?
Mana regen should be 250-300/s, that's the best margin. 230/s is kind of a minimum to sustain level 20 AA anyways.

Unreserved is all personal preference. If you want to be really really safe, you should have 42% of your life as unreserved mana, but that's usually beyond anyone's capabilities. 1,500 is the standard safe margin, but since it's a block build I feel comfortable with 800-1000. Regardless you should have around 1500 unreserved for potentially dangerous situations.

"
omegaorionis wrote:
1% Capping out that last bit of block does increase physical eHP by a 4% more modifier. However, it would be better to get a 5% scion life wheel node for the sake of withstanding hard hits and degen.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 30, 2014, 5:22:54 PM
Here are some variations I made to the build for non-HC characters. It has 74% block 73% spell block, decent life, high damage, and a prolif arc totem for grouping. I'm planning on making use of MoM soon, but for right now I use Haste, Clarity, Tempest Shield, Herald of Ice, and Arctic Armour. I didn't get the MoM skill node, but I have the MoM chest, debating whether or not I need it, the mana and regen from the chest gives me barely enough to run all of the buffs (200 mana now not reserved).

I started off fully following your build, but it didn't have enough oomph for me, I like to kite things around and use my totem strategically to distract, block, and damage. Every white and blue is killed long before it reaches me, totem distracts yellows/bosses while I dps away.

I chose to not get the curse ring for dual curse, it makes it so I can't get Andvarius, and Andvarius, imo, is the single most important item in any build ever. 85% IIR is too good to not have. Of course, you can get REALLY lucky and vaal orb the neck into +1 curse, but good luck.

I've died once since the early levels (40-50) due to not paying attention and getting puncture on me... But other than that I can solo any map in the game, but reroll no regen.

Thanks for the build, it works wonders.

My only question is how any arc build could possibly do Atziri, I mean... you can stay alive relatively well, but what can you contribute to the fight?

I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
Last edited by Semune on Aug 30, 2014, 6:25:19 PM
"
Semune wrote:
My only question is how any arc build could possibly do Atziri, I mean... you can stay alive relatively well, but what can you contribute to the fight?
Arc has mediocre single-target DPS. The build is atziri-viable solely from how tanky it can get, not by how fast it can kill atziri before she damages you. Solo atziri runs can be a bit annoyingly long compared to phys block builds which have much better single-target DPS and fewer resistance issues. Nevertheless, it is completely possible, very safe, and relatively cheap.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Hello, first this build has been great im level 72 and soloing maps with relative ease but i was wondering what advise you might have to improve my gear and DPS a bit im sitting at 4300 tooltip DPS and its seems a bit low.

Gear :

Spoiler

The belt i know needs to be a life belt and ill grab that but where else can i improve ?
"
doctruscott wrote:
Hello, first this build has been great im level 72 and soloing maps with relative ease but i was wondering what advise you might have to improve my gear and DPS a bit im sitting at 4300 tooltip DPS and its seems a bit low.

Gear :

Spoiler

The belt i know needs to be a life belt and ill grab that but where else can i improve ?
I would up the arc to a 5l and get faster casting. I would also get dual-curse via Doedre's ring.

Also, you NEED a stone of Lazhwar.
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
"
doctruscott wrote:

Gear :

Spoiler

I would up the arc to a 5l and get faster casting. I would also get dual-curse via Doedre's ring.

Ok thank you, i have faster casting linked so what would i use the 5th link for ( currently using arc+faster casting+spell echo+ added light )

also is 4.1K tool tip DPS ok at 73?
Last edited by doctruscott on Aug 31, 2014, 1:18:08 AM
"
doctruscott wrote:
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
"
doctruscott wrote:

Gear :

Spoiler

Ok thank you, i have faster casting linked so what would i use the 5th link for ( currently using arc+faster casting+spell echo+ added light )

also is 4.1K tool tip DPS ok at 73?
Lightning pen is a must-have, it takes priority over added lightning damage.

4.1k is decent.
Well really great build, already achieved level 79 without big problems. Just made some 70-72 maps, also no problem, just sheet dps is a bit low, reaching something like 3.4k. Using cheap BM arcer version, my gear is:
Spoiler

What guys could recommend to upgrade first? I've collected ~2 ex, but for that can't afford Rathpith globe, but in few days i'm expecting price should drop a bit, since every day comes in trade site 3-5 Rathpiths more with cheaper price.. Just not sure if i could get it, does my gear allow to go for main version, or i should focus on more upgrades (not mentioning ring, mana regen ring is a must).
Also how you guys using totem: just for distracting, or as "faster clear assistant" ? Since mine one melt in few seconds :D or recasting take so time, that i could simply clear everything around without it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info