Countdown timer before the strongbox open

Can we get a countdown timer before the strongbox open? Like 2-5 seconds after you hit the strongbox before the monster spawn. The main reason is if I open those strongbox (most of the time are those rare caused the problem), there always have desync problem. (after hitting the box, I ran away from it and 1-2 secs later, for all of sudden I got pulled back next to the strongbox...dead like this in HC 2-3times now.)

Not sure to post this in feedback or suggestion...

------------

updated:

with the countdown timer, once it finished the countdown, the mods will be spawn RANDOMLY. So, no matter how far away you are from the box, you still have the chance for being surround by the mods.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Sep 2, 2014, 9:01:25 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1 , Due to how buggy boxes are mobs should not swarm players and instead spawn in a radius around him AND have a little bit of time.

I love the idea of them spawning instantly but it does not work for 50% of the people, its like how GGG FINALLY just made (read patch notes) multistrike not usable with cyclone, they just need to realise something is very wrong with skeletons, and boxes loading up shit, people R.i.P in seconds to boxes off screen ( smoke mine/lightwarp wont cast if you "stuned" yo that's gg )
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Sawm wrote:
+1 , Due to how buggy boxes are mobs should not swarm players and instead spawn in a radius around him AND have a little bit of time.

I love the idea of them spawning instantly but it does not work for 50% of the people, its like how GGG FINALLY just made (read patch notes) multistrike not usable with cyclone, they just need to realise something is very wrong with skeletons, and boxes loading up shit, people R.i.P in seconds to boxes off screen ( smoke mine/lightwarp wont cast if you "stuned" yo that's gg )

No one forces you to open strongboxes. You are aware of the possible risk.
There are plenty of people who don't have any "box open lags", so it's not entirely "game engine problem"

As for Cyclone+Multistrike: awful decision.
GGG succumbed to all that crying "desync, bad, remove".
Again, no one forced you (them) to link those 2 gems together.
Some people (and i am among them) used Cyclone with Multistrike (we knew about the consequences, and we were fine with them).
Now we don't have any choices. Thanks to all those whiners.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
Sawm wrote:

No one forces you to open strongboxes. You are aware of the possible risk.
There are plenty of people who don't have any "box open lags", so it's not entirely "game engine problem"

As for Cyclone+Multistrike: awful decision.
GGG succumbed to all that crying "desync, bad, remove".
Again, no one forced you (them) to link those 2 gems together.
Some people (and i am among them) used Cyclone with Multistrike (we knew about the consequences, and we were fine with them).
Now we don't have any choices. Thanks to all those whiners.

Good thing you are not in charge, no one said dsync was the only reason calm down mate, if you think that lag is not because of the engine please go play the game in party listen to people, read forums, you will quickly realize it is an engine problem , even ggg stated how limited they are with this type of stuff at the moment, you just CLEARLY don't know much on the subject.

"
Emphasy wrote:
That lag might be caused by the bit messy installation of PoE if you always patch over it :P

It is the same with the Skeleton-summoning since the game has to load certain art stuff. At the time ambush started I just cleaned up my PC (well I basically reinstalled everything) and I didn't really had any issues and that's without an SSD.

But with Quartz-Flasks it is fairly easy to escape from the Strongbox because they eliminate the desync caused by collision with mobs (and thats about 95% of all desync in this situation ^^). So get a Quartz-Flask... oh and get a Ruby Flask too, just in case of exploding strongboxes :P

Maybe for some, I use SSD AND i use ggpk degrag evry few patches.

I usually need, 2-3hp pots, 1granite ,1topaz/ruby 100% I guess I could ditch global survival for getting away from that particular dsync, but im quite sick of having to play around ishues, i will just keep using portal trick.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Aug 19, 2014, 7:36:53 AM
That lag might be caused by the bit messy installation of PoE if you always patch over it :P

It is the same with the Skeleton-summoning since the game has to load certain art stuff. At the time ambush started I just cleaned up my PC (well I basically reinstalled everything) and I didn't really had any issues and that's without an SSD.

But with Quartz-Flasks it is fairly easy to escape from the Strongbox because they eliminate the desync caused by collision with mobs (and thats about 95% of all desync in this situation ^^). So get a Quartz-Flask... oh and get a Ruby Flask too, just in case of exploding strongboxes :P
1-2 seconds would be fine, but yes, at least SOME delay to allow you time to use a movement skill and not be killed before everything has finished loading would be good.
i really hope they looked into the ice nova mod

getting hit for 2,5k hp in cruel as a lvl 80 with 79 iceresi is just not balanced
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
The way strongboxes currently work does not look good for this game. It's just begging for *Dsync. Both from stun *Dsync and getting trapped server side. I'm all for a challenge but this just looks bad.

A players first instinct is to run out of the pack so you either get away and it's easy or you get trapped and your only choice is to faceroll and hope you live.

My suggestion is to spread the pack out by a lot. That way you can fight back with strategy and can't just take a few steps then flank the pack.

On a side note, if stuns are not "wait for confirmation" then maybe they should be.

Spoiler
See what I did there! I spelled it *Dsync like the boy band huhuh :-B
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Last edited by Necrogue on Aug 19, 2014, 11:52:10 AM
They should have the spawns appear in an AOE circle around the strongbox.

I forgot the monkeys name from invasion but he had this summon skill from the other monkey's where his helpers just appeared out of nowhere in an AOE around him to feed his soul eater mod.

Something similar would make a lot of sense for boxes, you are surrounded, but because of the AOE area you have some seconds before being cornered thus enabling strategy if so desired.

Peace,

-Boem-

ps : i don't have issue's with the boxes as they are, but i can sympathize with the frustration experienced by other people.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
it's not the strongboxes that require fixing.

Stun and collision need to be removed because the game can't handle those features.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info