Countdown timer before the strongbox open

"
ventiman wrote:
i really hope they looked into the ice nova mod

getting hit for 2,5k hp in cruel as a lvl 80 with 79 iceresi is just not balanced

No clue why ice nova boxes are so insane, i have seen full party's rip from the ice nova damage alone <_<. like he said too even with 79 those boxes were terrifying , they have 10x more aoe then exploding one and deal SO much more damage.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Guarded by rogue exile is fine tbh. A free kitable loot on demand. As rule of thumb I always used an appropriate flask opening a strongbox.(or 2, because granite is also a good security layer here)
Last edited by galuf on Aug 19, 2014, 4:08:23 PM
"
Exorcist901 wrote:
Can we get a countdown timer before the strongbox open? Like 2-5 seconds after you hit the strongbox before the monster spawn. The main reason is if I open those strongbox (most of the time are those rare caused the problem), there always have desync problem. (after hitting the box, I ran away from it and 1-2 secs later, for all of sudden I got pulled back next to the strongbox...dead like this in HC 2-3times now.)

Not sure to post this in feedback or suggestion...

The strongbox is intentionally designed for the monsters to immediately swarm your character and attack. A countdown would be the opposite and allow your character to ambush the monsters.

Try not running away from the monsters, but standing and fighting. You can also use smoke mine, or quartz flasks.

The boxes are meant to be dangerous and kill characters. Know which mods your character can handle and which ones you either need to reroll or ignore the strongbox.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
+1

Having to use smoke mine or lightning warp to avoid bad surprises is just tedious but adds little.
Some of the responses in this thread. Wow.

When did desync/bad collision/bad game engines become features?
Desynced hard today and almost died...Monsters swarming is the easiest way to desync.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Exorcist901 wrote:
Can we get a countdown timer before the strongbox open? Like 2-5 seconds after you hit the strongbox before the monster spawn. The main reason is if I open those strongbox (most of the time are those rare caused the problem), there always have desync problem. (after hitting the box, I ran away from it and 1-2 secs later, for all of sudden I got pulled back next to the strongbox...dead like this in HC 2-3times now.)

Not sure to post this in feedback or suggestion...

i agree 10000000000000000000%

most of the times i die it's because of strongboxes desynch or beacuse 30 monsters spawns around of me and i cant move...
a countdown it's very needed.

atm im going to skip all the strongboxes, except cartographers boxes
all most a week since the strongbox in SC. dead 2 times. all caused by desync...just got pulled back next to the box after 2-4secs...

as some people suggested, i am going to try out the smoke mine...let see is that any help.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
Last edited by Exorcist901 on Aug 25, 2014, 8:56:35 AM
have been using smoke mine since the above replied.

Only dead twice. 1 is that I got ice nova'ed and the other one is that for some reason it only teleported me after 2secs...i am dead at the moment while i got teleported...

This indeed saved me quite a bit of time but still wondering will implementing a countdown timer be a good idea or not.

Personally I will like to see it happen.

And at the meantime, I made small update on OP for how the timer work.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
I always,always open those boxes with QS flask already activated and i am far far away when the mobs are spawning...but , after a bit...i'm just back into the crowd... smashing my keybord and swearing this crap.
This isn't any hardcore feature or swarming bullshjit...nope, it's just the pore desync all the time.
Even only 1 second countdown will be enough for a fair fight and not just "let's hope for no desync".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info