(Updated!) [1.2] EE Ball Lightning/Ice Spear Build with AA/MoM (Cloak of Defiance)

"
Svenn wrote:
"
asdf54321 wrote:
Dropped out of EE, going full crit/freeze build, relying on curses.

Any reason why you dropped EE? How do you like curses?

Slow reply, working out skill tree and got busy.

Dropped EE because my ice spear/fp cast speed >>> ball lightning+slower projectiles.
To me, it feels like this build revolves the totem procting EE before you can attack, limiting yourself.

Speced out of 15%cast speed for crit nodes, and my spears were still hitting faster than BL. Hence, i decided to spec out of EE, went full crit+assassin's mark. Love it.

Finally 5L my cloak. 6L i will probably add pierce
IS-increased crit-gmp-spell echo-pcoc
FP-lmp-spell echo-cold pen

lvl 21AA, still lvling that empower. Will hit level 24AA when empower lvls up.
AA + inner force love xD

tooltip dps Ice spear/FP with 6Powercharges:
13k/14k

As for reflect, AA+mom will tank most of the hits, i have a sapphire ready just incase.
Oh, and pretty much perm freeze.

edit#2:
my messy skill tree:
Should have planned this in builder. I am sure there are better routes, better life/es/crit nodes, just to lazy to optimize right now.

prob drop heart of ice and those cold damage nodes, and grab purity of flesh.
drop written in blood and the 3 other nodes, connect with the intelligence node above, stat 3 more 5% life or 6% block. Might unstat that 1block and go get sancutary node, +22all res. Can free up some gear limitation as well.

"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gQHBUIHHgelDH0OSBBYEH8RDxEtEZYUTRSwFr8XVBo4IoEk2CaVKPopTyoLKw0snDLRNj1BlkLDRUdFnUbXSVFJskwtTLNQMFNSVUtVxlZKXcZd8l8qYG1h4mSdbWxwUnDVfIN_xoIQgh6Cm4LHgziD24VthX2IQonTjAuMNo48jmSP-pBVlS6a4J2AnqGiAKeErrOvm7UEtUi2-riTuXzBxcaezfrQ9dWB2wvbXt3z34Tfit-w5CLr5Ovu6_XsOOyw8NXyHfPq96b56A==
Last edited by asdf54321 on Sep 21, 2014, 6:37:30 PM
"
rusher21 wrote:
Also got 3.8k (+ all the negative restitance and shock stuff). Tested Iceleech now, vs usual maps I don't need potions anymore. However it doesn't change much overall vs harder mobs where I want to drink potions after a while. Perhaps another 1% ice leech on my first Wand will help. I really feel they could do some kind of Dual Leech for Dual Element Witches with EE... Noteable: The damage is also not that great compared to other ppl that I meet in dailies (they might have 6sockets though).
Why is the first wand not so good?(you said the second is very good for the build)

Mostly because the first wand is missing cast speed. If you're running the crit variation then the first one is also good. Personally, I think Spell Damage/Cast Speed are the 2 most important mods to go for on the wand.

"
ps: For the latergame, where you have alot of life from gear and LifeLeech I suggest dropping the Templer Life-Wheel and getting Inner Force + Athleticism (also has Life%),
you only lose 5% life, 1% life regen,(and some mana cost/area),
for that you gain: 1 Passive point, 30 strength, 26% Buff Effect which will give +1 max cold resist and also raise AA by ALOT. Perhaps with this +5 Level Gem Ring? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voideye Rare :)
I personally only see Advantages, so I am going to do that.

I liked the templar life wheel for the extra life regen, but it's not that big a deal. If you can afford to drop some life for Inner Force, that's definitely not a bad idea. Athleticism is several nodes away though. How are you getting there and Inner Force by dropping only 5 nodes? It's 8 nodes for the two of those.
anyone did this build in Beyond league? how passives tree would look like?
"
Snakorek wrote:

I did it up to level 56 before I died, but I didn't have the Cloak yet. Passive tree would look mostly the same, but you could drop damage to grab a little more life. You end up pretty tanky once you have Cloak of Defiance and high level AA.
"
Snakorek wrote:

As Sven mentioned: Certainly not bad for Beyond, imo (I play rampage, but it was the first char on rampage). The most important thing though is getting Flask with "of Staunching", because BL adds those bleeds really fast... and it can happen... That is basically the most danger I faced when leveling; and btw some very fast chaos dmage-area jumping/flicking strike corrupted mob. You can also shorten the path when leveling and then get other paths later, as you can cut bridges. I personally went for life on kill / mana on kill asap and then you can get the reminding life. Mana nodes are only important for your "life" once you got the Cloak.
"
Svenn wrote:

I liked the templar life wheel for the extra life regen, but it's not that big a deal. If you can afford to drop some life for Inner Force, that's definitely not a bad idea. Athleticism is several nodes away though. How are you getting there and Inner Force by dropping only 5 nodes? It's 8 nodes for the two of those.

Yes I can totally understand that. About the Nodes: I would be ...
... removing 8 nodes from the Templar wheel, old build:
Minus 8 nodes --> ...and then be spending 7 nodes to get 26% Buff, from my old build.
Swapping 7 nodes (+1free) --> RESULT: Of course as already mentioned: only once there is enough leech and life from gear (btw only -5% life iirc). Last but not least it is only an idea: Why I think it's considerable? Because it Also reduces one of the few damage sources we recieve alot: Reflect.
______

My current setup:
I think it's interesting to share different equip and build with this general build, and because you asked for the dps. Btw: I can afford to upgrade most I think, but I like to take my time as the gameplay is pretty solid already, anyway (same reason you don't spend all your money in real life :P).

In Parties:

6L is: IS - Coldpen - LMP - Spell Echo - Crit Dam - PCoC
DPS (without all the -Resistances and Shocks) about 7.8k.
No reduced mana gem and 3L BL is temporary (mainly to level and test cold damage)!! searching new boots for that, no hurry.
Chaos Res could be upgraded, anyways DoT damage is not that dangerous if careful.

Also leveling a Cold Gem Damage Gem, for testing! As you can see I decided for Power Charges, therefore a Void Battery would be nice but it's expensive as hell :P ('trying with chance orbs)

Current Passive Build:
Future: +1 Pc node, C.D., considering Inner Focus and possibly Athleticism, but that's only possible after my third +PC, as shown in the links that answered Sven's-Quote.
Suggestions like Uniques welcome (ofc I could upgrade small stuff like quality and rolls of flasks...)

Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 30, 2014, 11:40:50 AM
I am gonna do a similar build with a 6l pledge. Im just wondering if the crit way would be viable considering i cant get crit on my weapon.

Maybe link incr crit chance?
Last edited by Miská on Oct 4, 2014, 10:23:11 AM
"
Miská wrote:
I am gonna do a similar build with a 6l pledge. Im just wondering if the crit way would be viable considering i cant get crit on my weapon.

Maybe link incr crit chance?

The crit version should work fine with a pledge because of the Ice Spear second form and high base crit chance. Linking PCoC (or inc crit chance, but PCoC can get you more crit) might help, though.
Not sure if anyone has said so yet: I didn't read all 11 pages.

So spell penetration reduces the targets maximum resistance.

Elemental Equilibrium and Curses reduce the target's current resistance.

So... choose.

(examples)

I have 100 cold resistance, with a maximum of 75 cold resistance.
Your ice spear hits for 200 damage and has 25 cold penetration.

Secnario A: You hit me with Ball Lightning and reduce my cold resistance to 50. You then hit me with Ice Spear and reduce my maximum cold resistance to 50. So the damage resolves to 100 damage.

Scenario B: You just hit me with Ice Spear, reduce my resistance cap to 50, and deal 100 damage.

You can get more out of reduced resistances, typically, if you stack Elemental Equilibrium, with Elemental Weakness and Frostbite. (even against bosses who have built in curse reduction). But that's a lot of work.

Elemental Penetration on the other hand, gets you some pretty good damage without much effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info