(Updated!) [1.2] EE Ball Lightning/Ice Spear Build with AA/MoM (Cloak of Defiance)

"
rusher21 wrote:
My Spell Totem is 17 atm, but those 3 levels won't do that much won't they?
The main issue is vs bosses with area damage, in which case it doesn't even shoot once. Workaround: remove spell totem for that fight, but I'm not a fan of that.

Just personally I really like the Sorceress Style: It reminds me of Frozen Orb + Fireball Dual Sorc in D2 which I really enjoyed: Cast 1 FO + 3 Fireball - rotation. Which is why I decided for EE and found this tread :)

Yeah, the 3 levels won't make much of a difference. That was exactly what I was afraid of with the totem idea. If you find a way to place it safely it might work... but I'd rather just self cast it at that point.
I mean it's still worth the try. When it doesn't die you can spam alot more ice spears and everything is EE'd :) But it needs the 30% Shock (1 Point), otherwise sometimes it doesn't shock with crits. I'll level it to 19/20 .I guess. and see then.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 17, 2014, 6:32:50 PM
What is your tooltip DPS at? I crafted cast speed on that shield (and got the max crafting roll, 8%!) and replaced some other stuff so I could equip it and keep maxed resists. My tooltip DPS (with Added Cold Damage still a couple levels behind, it's 15) is around 3800 now. And again, that doesn't take into account the cold pen (33% currently) and the -50% from EE. Clear speed is pretty nice now.
Little bit less DPS. No luck with Fusing 6 Links yet (still 4) and haven't got 2 Noteable-Crit Nodes yet (Arcane Potency Throat Seeker), still 2 points in Frost walker because I miss exactly 15 cold res hehe, not that much time to level and I play Duellist a bit. Why?? Most Maps are pretty easy, yes.
I don't use Ice-Leech yet, not sure if the Wands I'm using are good enough to spend currency on them? Generally I wanna get a 6 Link asap.

As you can see I'm using 2 Wands now (shield would only give me +9block and mana). Any suggestions on changes in the build? I see with Dual wield you can get extra cast speed (below of the Ice-WHeel), but it's also a few extra points away with the Crit build...

Do you have more clear-speed with Added cold damage than Faster Cast or Crit-Damage!? I thought Crit-Damage would be a very strong addition. Crit-Damage doesn't show its potential at the tooltip due to IS' nature; that's why I asked for clear-speed.

PS: i just noticed Elreon gives you 20 Jeweller's Orbs for just 32 alts. Edit: And Vorici gives 20 Fusings for 64 Jeweller's. Damn I wasted already 36% of my Alts. Guess that happens on new content.
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 19, 2014, 9:22:55 AM
"
rusher21 wrote:
Little bit less DPS. No luck with Fusing 6 Links yet (still 4) and haven't got 2 Key-Crit Nodes yet, not that much time to level and I play Duellist a bit. Why?? Most Maps are pretty easy, yes.
I don't use Ice-Leech yet, not sure if the Wands I'm using are good enough to spend currency on them? Generally I wanna get a 6 Link asap.

As you can see I'm using 2 Wands now (shield would only give me +9block and mana). Any suggestions on changes in the build? I see with Dual wield you can get extra cast speed (below of the Ice-WHeel), but it's also a few extra points away with the Crit build...

Do you have more clear-speed with Added cold damage than Faster Cast or Crit-Damage!? I thought Crit-Damage would be a very strong addition. Crit-Damage doesn't show its potential at the tooltip due to IS' nature; that's why I asked for clear-speed.

Those are pretty good wands for this build, especially the second one. Much better than the one I'm using. ;)

I didn't test Crit Damage or Faster Cast so I can't say for clear speed. I just went Added Cold Damage since it increased both crit and non-crit damage a bunch. It's given me about 1k tooltip DPS just from that gem alone, and that's with the gem only at level 15 so far.
Ok thanks, so I got the Ice Leech

PS: i just noticed Elreon gives you 20 Jeweller's Orbs for just 32 alts. Edit: And Vorici gives 20 Fusings for 64 Jeweller's. DARN, that means I wasted already 36% of the Alts I spend on Fusings.
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 19, 2014, 5:43:00 PM
"
rusher21 wrote:
Ok thanks, so I got the Ice Leech

PS: i just noticed Elreon gives you 20 Jeweller's Orbs for just 32 alts. Edit: And Vorici gives 20 Fusings for 64 Jeweller's. DARN, I wasted already 36% of my Alts.

Yeah, I was trading Elreon daily for the Jeweller's to try and 6S my Cloak. That's how I got most of them.

How is it working with the Ice Leech? I don't have space to craft leech on my current wand. I need to find a new one.
Any update to the Original Post? I think I'm going to make a run at this build, just came across a 5L Cloak.
"
Regards wrote:
Any update to the Original Post? I think I'm going to make a run at this build, just came across a 5L Cloak.

Yeah, I'll put together a big update to the original post soon with all my findings and the variations as soon as I can.

EDIT: Updated the main post! I'll continue to add updates as necessary.
Last edited by Svenn on Sep 20, 2014, 12:04:19 PM
Also got 3.8k (+ all the negative restitance and shock stuff). Tested Iceleech now, vs usual maps I don't need potions anymore. However it doesn't change much overall vs harder mobs where I want to drink potions after a while. Perhaps another 1% ice leech on my first Wand will help. I really feel they could do some kind of Dual Leech for Dual Element Witches with EE... Noteable: The damage is also not that great compared to other ppl that I meet in dailies (they might have 6sockets though).
Why is the first wand not so good?(you said the second is very good for the build)

By the way I have tested: Ice Spear + PCoC + Cwdt now :D Doesn't proc me PC often. I could imagine it proccing more often vs harder content, but without GMP (no space) I doubt it. The EE-build just needs too much socket-space :S

Generally I really enjoy the tanky self-cast Playstyle it's also nice for timed Zana Runs where you are running and or warping much more. While totem and Positional gameplay was also fun!). So In the long run I would like to get a 6-L Pledge of Hands socketed with Ice Spear and PCoC in order to support a good BL from my 6-L body armour. GOALS ARE GREAT AREN'T THEY? [...] Rotation with that would be as follows: BL -> 2 x Ice spear -> if BL didn't crit: BL -> 2 x Ice Spear -> Repeat. Ergo the Rotation would consist of 1-2 and 1-4 if BL crits.
Anyways, for this time... Ice spear is stronger, of course. Hence a 1-4 or 1-6 rotation is the way to go atm.

ps: For the latergame, where you have alot of life from gear and LifeLeech I suggest dropping the Templer Life-Wheel and getting Inner Force + Athleticism (also has Life%),
you only lose 5% life, 1% life regen,(and some mana cost/area),
for that you gain: 1 Passive point, 30 strength, 26% Buff Effect which will give +1 max cold resist and also raise AA by ALOT. Perhaps with this +5 Level Gem Ring? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voideye Rare :)
I personally only see Advantages, so I am going to do that.

But please no pressure,it comes with the time, the less Pressure the more Enjoyment. I already reached this strong character too fast, for my taste.
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Sep 20, 2014, 2:00:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info