[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

Do you think Flameblast will get more nerfs in 1.3?

How do you feel about this wand for flameblasting:

Why did you put so much priority on cast speed on your wand and so little on fire damage?
Beyond league.
Very nice wand :)

To answer your question, this build has never been about getting the highest possible damage. Most of my builds I will take cast speed / attack speed over damage even if it has a lower tooltip dps simply because of preference and playstyle. In cases where I feel like I am not doing enough damage for whatever purpose the character is used for (soloing, grouping, atziri etc) then ill make adjustments as needed. Because this build was made primarily for solo racing, I preferred cast speed over flat damage increase as long as I was still one shotting packs and killing most map bosses within 2-3 flameblasts.
ign: Vexcid
Last edited by Vexcid on Oct 16, 2014, 5:09:21 AM
I currently have the same flame surge set-up on my flameblaster but it almost seems more efficient to just channel more flameblasts anyway for single target, what am I doing wrong? It also feels a bit clunky to use.
Beyond league.
erm near the unnatural calm area, why are you spending an extra point on +10 intelligence through elemental damage rather than connecting the tree from the unnatural calm wheel. arent u just wasting a free point
"
calze6 wrote:
erm near the unnatural calm area, why are you spending an extra point on +10 intelligence through elemental damage rather than connecting the tree from the unnatural calm wheel. arent u just wasting a free point

If I was a witch I could get rid of that point because it all connects from witch start area. As a templar however you would need that int node to keep everything connected.

So yes, you can save 1 passive point if you go witch with this build. I just had always gone templar ever since I started running this build and hadnt realized until later on that witch is better after the 1.2 passive changes. (someone else had pointed it out to me before I hit 100)
"
I currently have the same flame surge set-up on my flameblaster but it almost seems more efficient to just channel more flameblasts anyway for single target, what am I doing wrong? It also feels a bit clunky to use.

Flameblast is supposed to take care of 90% of the content with 1 shot including the burn. You could even run this build without flame surge if you like because like you say it seems more efficient to keep flameblasting.

Flamesurge was used as more of a situational ability for finishing off monsters in a proliferated area that would otherwise be a pain in the ass to finish off charging up another flameblast.

When moving from pack to pack or bosses even, getting that first flameblast placement is never a problem because aggro and mob movement is predictable. Once you get that first prolif going then a lot of mob types especially the "squirlly" ones go scrambling all over the place to avoid the prolif damage. Ive found having this setup helps overall because I dont have to charge up a 2nd flameblast in an area thats already proliferating with burn damage.
Last edited by Vexcid on Oct 17, 2014, 2:26:47 AM
I see.

Last question: do you think it is possible to compete with people who rotate 78 maps in groups?
Beyond league.
Wonderful build. I reached 78s the first time in beyond. Thx alot!

"
I see.

Last question: do you think it is possible to compete with people who rotate 78 maps in groups?

Grouping will always have the advantage of having a higher pool of currency which usually makes it easier to sustain maps through rotating. While map drops by themself dont increase in group, item drops do increase which in the end helps greatly when you end up have to buy maps to help sustain your pool for rotating.

As a solo player, you can imagine how much currency I made leveling from 1-100 selling level 2-3 empowers, lower maps etc. 90% of that currency got spent on buying more 78 maps so I would not have to revert back to 76s and fall behind on the ladder.
"
TheloniusMonk wrote:
Wonderful build. I reached 78s the first time in beyond. Thx alot!

Keep it up! Gear looks great for your level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info