[LVL 100 - Beyond Rank 4] 10.3k Hybrid Life/ES Flameblaster - 50/52 Block - LVL 22 AA w/ no EB

Ive seen a flameblast build that uses double curse, and he said u need EB cuz double curse wrecks your mana. I guess that's the reasoning and u one shot everything anyways i guess more curses are a waste of time, imo.
"
Hastibe wrote:
I've been following this build for my first PoE character, and I was wondering, any suggestions on how this build should be modified for playing in the Rampage/Standard league?

I would probably give up quite a bit of life for more cast speed and/or damage if I was in standard/rampage. The only reason I have such a high life pool as hybrid is to ensure I dont die to degen from not paying attention which has been most of my close calls so far.
ign: Vexcid
"
Zed_ wrote:
I think I'd rather go double curse than dump those final points into the Witch start. Seems like a much bigger damage/surv boost to me. Or even a corrupted Lazhwar for triple. I wonder if you've considered either of those options and what's your reasoning against them.

Doing any more than 1 curse would slow down clear speed as I one shot 95% of the content at the moment. Bosses/Uniques and rares with double resist mods are the only mobs that takes a bit longer (not by much though). For the sake of general clear speed, not having to cast multiple curses and still 1 shotting everything sounds better.
Last edited by Vexcid on Sep 24, 2014, 9:34:36 PM
Rolling this, Templar is my favorite class and I think you've hit the nail on the head on how I would like to play him as well. :) You're awesome man, thank you!
how good/bad do you handle chaos damage?
i read that endgame content is made for 75% elemental res and 0% chaos, but i don't have experience with that.

basically i have a CI summoner and deciding whether to go hybrid (getting ES, chaos res and life gear, ele i can handle with auras) or solaris lorica.
hybrid will probably survive more but is also more expensive?
I build a 77/78 maps char within a week on hardcore. Its not really expensive. Probably 2 ex for rathpith and like 7-10 chaos per piece (they will be really good)+ like 15 20 c for rainbows. Imo its for free, almost.
"
potepuh wrote:
how good/bad do you handle chaos damage?
i read that endgame content is made for 75% elemental res and 0% chaos, but i don't have experience with that.

basically i have a CI summoner and deciding whether to go hybrid (getting ES, chaos res and life gear, ele i can handle with auras) or solaris lorica.
hybrid will probably survive more but is also more expensive?

Chaos damage is an issue and one of hybrids downsides. By stacking life early you will be fine up until early maps. At that point you should start to fit in some chaos res in gear or just get 1 piece of gear with 25%+ and you should be fine in late game maps. With this build it also takes 2% life regen which helps for chaos degen.

Hybrid is inexpensive up until you decide you want to run AA (super tanky version of build) then getting gear with all the stats you need to run level 20+ AA and maintain the rest of your defenses will start to get expensive.

imo running aa isnt really expensive, since you dont need many resistances. you maybe paying like 7 c per piece if you look long enough and also search for master craftable items.
Last edited by aGnosticc on Sep 27, 2014, 4:10:07 AM
Hey, i love this build so far, only lvl 29 though.

This could be a noob question, but ive seen msot of your gems with 20%, do i really need 20% gems in order for this build to work for me?
"
Flaxon wrote:
Hey, i love this build so far, only lvl 29 though.

This could be a noob question, but ive seen msot of your gems with 20%, do i really need 20% gems in order for this build to work for me?

Hey Flaxon, glad your enjoying the build. You do not need all gems at 20% like me for this build to work. The only required quality gem for this build is flameblast. it is also suggested to get quality immortal call, increased duration and flammability in that order.

--

Quite a few changes have happened in my final build/gear before hitting 100.

Upgraded my amulet and ring so that I could use the +1 gem wand I found and vaal discipline. Had to replace my gloves to get more dex and found a sweet pair that also gives chaos res and rarity as a bonus. All gear has been updated in the gear section and a new screenshot taken of my defenses.

After upgrades I was able to gain:

- Level 22 AA
- Vaal Discipline
- 34% increased spell damage from main hand. (lost 3% elemental for burn dmg)
- Can now run elemental weakness maps and still be capped!

I was able to free up a skill point through getting strength on the new unset ring but since the new gloves had no mana I had to find a way to increase my mana pool a bit. I tried altering my build by grabbing Sovereignty and the aura buff nodes on the way instead of the 3 cast speed and 1 spell damage node in witch area. I was actually very pleased with the results as the aura buff nodes gave me an additional 215 es and 27 mana regen. With this change I had plenty of unreserved mana and mana regen so I ditched the 3 mana/mana regen nodes near witch start to get my cast speed back and was still able to support AA with all auras.

This leaves 1 issue..Where to spend the last point once I hit 100? It was going to go in that last 16% spell damage node at start of witch area but with this change I will have to decide on a different node. Right now im leaning towards the 50% block recovery node as it will help reduce the block animation when getting stunned on block.
Last edited by Vexcid on Sep 29, 2014, 5:05:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info