Rampage and Beyond Challenges and their Prizes

Your graphical designer must be on some drugs, first that batman-look-a-like armor and now this crazy helmet shit :)))
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

I rofled when I saw 'Fully clear on all difficulties' hahaha. I'm glad I don't care about challenges/achievements :D
Wow.. People are so bitchy here. Don't like the MTX? Don't do the challenges. To the people who say they are forced to play the game the way GGG wants them to; you're stupid.

GGG designed the game - they're going to shape it the way THEY want it. Don't like the game? Don't play it.

Don't like the challenges? Don't do them.

I personally think the MTX is absolute garbage.. HOWEVER, I will be doing the challenges because they're fun to do. It gives players something to do after reaching level 90 and are tired of grinding maps for hours and hours.

I think players who get to end game every character they make forget that a large portion of this games players don't. GGG couldn't go and make challenges that thousands and thousands of people couldn't hope to complete.

I think Beyond is a great league. Someone commented "Invasion 2.0" and yeah, it is. Its what Invasion should have been. I'm 100% looking forward to Beyond.
"
leto2626 wrote:
I rofled when I saw 'Fully clear on all difficulties' hahaha. I'm glad I don't care about challenges/achievements :D

It says full clear on any difficulty, fyi.

MTX is not bad. Better than none right? Will be looking forward to Beyond league.

Good work GGG!
@summonBLUE
"
flamingdice wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:

It says full clear on any difficulty, fyi.

Oops ! Damn I really thought GGG managed to bring the humor ;)
Last edited by leto2626 on Aug 18, 2014, 5:52:23 PM
"
Botting is nonexistent in terms of breaking the economy kappa

I fixed that for you.
HYPE!!! So many build ideas come to mind, but I want to do one that's fun and can do a lot of the challenges in Beyond... o_o KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GGG! :D HYYYYYYYPE
Fly you fools.
"
Coasteroli wrote:
Wow.. People are so bitchy here. Don't like the MTX? Don't do the challenges. To the people who say they are forced to play the game the way GGG wants them to; you're stupid.

GGG designed the game - they're going to shape it the way THEY want it. Don't like the game? Don't play it.

Don't like the challenges? Don't do them.

I personally think the MTX is absolute garbage.. HOWEVER, I will be doing the challenges because they're fun to do. It gives players something to do after reaching level 90 and are tired of grinding maps for hours and hours.

I think players who get to end game every character they make forget that a large portion of this games players don't. GGG couldn't go and make challenges that thousands and thousands of people couldn't hope to complete.

I think Beyond is a great league. Someone commented "Invasion 2.0" and yeah, it is. Its what Invasion should have been. I'm 100% looking forward to Beyond.

Well said. Even if people don't like this pair of mtxs, still appreciate the move GGG made with this. There's certainly no call for player to shit on the work of the graphical designers. That's just plain rude.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
44 specific uniques in a 3 month league?

I mean, wow.
"
Starball wrote:
"
Monfriez wrote:
What happened to?

"Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast.

Wraeclast is a dark, brutal continent. Scarred by mysterious catastrophes of the past and inhabited by creatures of nightmare, the very environment challenges exiles who dare explore it.
We're sick of the recent trend towards bright, cartoony RPGs. The art style we chose for Path of Exile is dark, gritty and realistic. Wraeclast is terrifying, and we've tried hard to do it justice."

+2500

I am not saying I think they look ugly, in fact I think they look pretty cool. It's just that they don't fit the PoE theme, those MTX would be cooler in another game.

We got enough halo's, bright wings, fancy pancy stuff.
I prefer more dark, gritty things. And with that I don't mean the "Hot Topic" style either (arcane and vampiric set, just slap some skulls on it boys!)

Just some ideas I think that would be really cool;

- Backpacks: Big Broken Sandglass on a chain/ Rhoa corpse/ bunch of skulls of fallen enemies / Bloody Arrows or a knife (so it looks like you got hit in the back hehe) / metal spikes, like a huge hedgehog / Smoke, coming from your back. shit looks cool.

- Helmets: Rhoa skull helmet / Big ass demon horn, like a unicorn but scary / Altered bloody and beat up versions of normal character faces "SEE? I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING!" smiling with red theeth from the blood, it always looks badass. instabuy right there.

- Footprints effects; Smoke coming from yo feet/ Darkish green sludge with random splatters where you have walked, not perfect footsteps.

- Gloves: Blood raffled bandages (brawler style) / Blood dripping, scraped arms / wristbands with spikes -so oldskool- / freddy kreuger style gloves / chains, whole arms coiled with chains / Handcuffs n chains from left to right hand

- Feet: Again chained linked feet, cool slave theme / Ball n chain / Bare footed with super dirty feet / Bleeding legs, everywhere you stand still a puddle of blood will form / WOODEN LEGS, fancy ones or simple wooden pegs

In short; I want to look like an exile mostly, a bum fighting to survive, bleeding and battered out for revenge. Some people look really awesome in all their 60 dollar outfits, but there are a lot of kings n queens running around in an exiled city. It removes the dark theme from PoE if you ask me.

That was my rant. Ty for reading :)
Am eager awaiting patch, still a supergood game.

I think every person has their own idea of what they think fits and what doesn't. For instance, people talk about dark and gritty a lot, yet they seldom, if ever complain about flames as MTXs.

They talk about dark and gritty, yet they seldom complain about bright shiny red blood spatters which should be mostly a rusty brown color and coagulated, unless its fresh from a wound.

If our characters are going to be barefoot, bleeding, battered etc to "look like an exile" then they should be starving, with some knocked out teeth, and using only their fists, a rock or some sharp stick as a weapon. They won't have access to magic or magical attacks, and most of the time they will just die because they lack the strength to stand up, let alone survive physical combat.

Like I said, people's perspectives on what is realistic, fitting or fun for a game vary widely.

The light is what gives the darkness perspective and meaning. I appreciate some character's foreboding looks, but if every character is dark and fearsome then it's weak sauce.

It's like a tiger putting on a tiger mask to scare other tigers.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info