Massively Reveals: Tora, Master of the Hunt and Beyond League

"
Stroggoz wrote:

I dont have a problem with it, but i think you are unfair in your opinion about people criticizing it. The whole point of a new league is to add new fun gameplay. If the gameplay is so bad that you have to avoid it, then ofcourse people will complain. Whats the point of adding something if you dont ever "deal" with it, then its just another regular hardcore league with no new features. Thats why some people are giving it criticism, so dont just deny them their voice by saying "ITS OPTIONAL, JUST AVOID IT". Doesnt really make much sense. Why add content that people actively avoid because its bad?

Fact of the matter is, what is fun to some is not fun to others, and I plan to not avoid anything unless I realize Im not able to do it with said character. It seems like you want something that everybody can do... where's the challenge in that? hell for that matter we could remove maps or bosses, hell some people are so bad we could remove mobs entirely.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 14, 2014, 6:19:58 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
woooow whats with all the whining and complaining ?

the beyond idea is great you can play at your own speed
tension will be really good and you will have loot piniatas

@ the guy who says 2h melee sucks lvl 96 1mhc was 2 h cyclone maybe you should have a chat with him...seems you have lots to learn

if beyond is to "scary" for you guys there is always rampage :)

awesome cant wait to test my build in beyond :)

whats with all the whining and complaining? GGG sucking balls at balancing , thats what is with all the whining and complaining. Instead of learning and finally showing some balancing skills they rather make it so they dont have to be responssible for the lack of it.Oh you got one shot because you wanted to try our new content, LOL , not our fault noob you should have alt f4ed before the boss came out. I am already seeing all the absurd deaths and people`s reactions being like that. What a bunch of bull shit..is it too much to ask for some balance in this game god damn...
Last edited by MadBro_ on Aug 14, 2014, 6:23:17 PM
"
MasterAxe wrote:
The end game is currently FINE? now thats one of the biggest jokes i have heard, LOL.

Yea I've read that also in the article. Some new end game maps(besides atziri) would be nice. Most build are just not for atziri fights. And running shipyards/shrines/courtyard/palace maps all day gets really boring at some point.

The ranger sure looks sweet, might be my new hideout. Also cannot wait to craft a good bow with that untill I find an upgrade. Awesome job to add this to the game!
Last edited by Ruffneck058 on Aug 14, 2014, 6:23:45 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Stroggoz wrote:

I dont have a problem with it, but i think you are unfair in your opinion about people criticizing it. The whole point of a new league is to add new fun gameplay. If the gameplay is so bad that you have to avoid it, then ofcourse people will complain. Whats the point of adding something if you dont ever "deal" with it, then its just another regular hardcore league with no new features. Thats why some people are giving it criticism, so dont just deny them their voice by saying "ITS OPTIONAL, JUST AVOID IT". Doesnt really make much sense. Why add content that people actively avoid because its bad?

Fact of the matter is, what is fun to some is not fun to others, and I plan to not avoid anything unless I realize Im not able to do it with said character. It seems like you want something that everybody can do... where's the challenge in that? hell for that matter we could remove maps or bosses, hell some people are so bad we could remove mobs entirely.

thats not the point , of course that it should be challenging but did you even play at the beggining of Invasion ?GGG has a retarded view of challenging and i am afraid that making it optional is an extra sign that shows that. When i saw that "extremely difficult" part i knew it would be that shit all over again , oh well i am fightning a lost battle anyway. Let us meet again in 3 weeks when even more players have started whining at a larger scale , let us meet again in 3 weeks when all your first character will probably have died in the most absurd of ways.

Ugh this is sooo disgusting, GGG making the same mistakes all over again and people are still defending them.
Last edited by MadBro_ on Aug 14, 2014, 6:30:01 PM
I'm let down. It's just a revamped Invasion with some added flashiness instead of a new type of experience. I was expecting a lot more this time around.
I just wish the normal and HC leagues would not be different in mods. I cannot reliably play HC (mostly due to connection/descynch issues, but also because I am a jelly), but the content there always looks really appealing.

Ah well :(
I find it interesting that everybody is assuming that Beyond will be the same as Invasion, e.g. overly imbalance in the beginning. Fair assumption, all things considering, but I believe that GGG probably HAS learned from their mistakes on that. Balancing a game can be quite difficult, and considering the size of their team, I'd say that they aren't able to test as thoroughly as Blizzard, for example. They focus on developing the content, and getting it to us in a reasonable amount of time. They do good at that, and while yeah, you may lose characters due to imbalances in game and desync, you aren't REALLY losing anything except time. Time that YOU decided to put into the character, knowing the risks.
I also find it interesting that everyone seems to be acting as if they know exactly what the league will be like, when all they've really told us are the concepts of the leagues and features. We have NO IDEA what else they've done on this 'patch', if you think about it; they could have completely fixed desync, for all we know. Unlikely, but we have no idea as they haven't revealed everything or given patch notes, or anything like that. We just don't know.
Either way, I look forward to this update/expansion. My two cents, for what it's worth.
Beyond is about chaining kills, just like the normal league, but I´m more interested in the portals and mobs, not just bonus moves, for my chains. Maybe I will try some HC love now, even playing from Brazil. Tons of deaths await me.

Anyway, now we will have strongboxes, invading mobs, masters/crafting and chaining. Things are actually looking great ;)
"
und3c1ph3r3d wrote:
I find it interesting that everybody is assuming that Beyond will be the same as Invasion, e.g. overly imbalance in the beginning. Fair assumption, all things considering, but I believe that GGG probably HAS learned from their mistakes on that. Balancing a game can be quite difficult, and considering the size of their team, I'd say that they aren't able to test as thoroughly as Blizzard, for example. They focus on developing the content, and getting it to us in a reasonable amount of time. They do good at that, and while yeah, you may lose characters due to imbalances in game and desync, you aren't REALLY losing anything except time. Time that YOU decided to put into the character, knowing the risks.
I also find it interesting that everyone seems to be acting as if they know exactly what the league will be like, when all they've really told us are the concepts of the leagues and features. We have NO IDEA what else they've done on this 'patch', if you think about it; they could have completely fixed desync, for all we know. Unlikely, but we have no idea as they haven't revealed everything or given patch notes, or anything like that. We just don't know.
Either way, I look forward to this update/expansion. My two cents, for what it's worth.

as you yourself said it is a fair assumption to make , those assumptions arent as baseless as people are trying to make them, we already have the tree , we already know the capabilities of GGG and their history in these kind of things.

I am also so desperately hoping that they kinda listen to these complaints so they prevent stuff like this from happening once in a while..
"
roetetoet wrote:
Because of YOUR desyn and MY shitty connection i can not play hardcore.

There for i am stuck to the normal league.

I do feel i get punished for this as i prefer the invaders much much more than some stupid speed buff making the game already easier than it is.

League should have the same things and not punish people that can not play one or the other.

Disappointed at best.

You shouldn't be punished for your shitty connection? If anyone can do anything about it it's certainly not GGG?

And if you're dying so consistently to desync you can't play a league, you're doing something wrong. It's at most a rare occurrence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info