[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
Rebox3 wrote:
"
Drakarin wrote:
you have opening and finishing attack with leap slam, but you can't use leap slam with a dagger in the Main Hand. Just confused.

Look at his offhand and think again.

I have the same problem.

Do you mean start/close the fight with leap slam (since I need death's hand in my mainhand to get leap slam available).
and manually swap mainhand with offhand ?

thanks for your reply.
Last edited by zjasonyang on Mar 28, 2016, 1:32:20 AM
Sup man, im lvl 84 with ur build and clearing without any problems all maps i've got. Thx! Just a few questions. Recently i bought from Cadiro Daresso's Defiance 6S (672 coins lol) and just done 6L by 27 fusings (LOL). So, with an acrobatics daresso's onslaught buff works rly bad cuz of high evasion. Mb i should respec 5 points of acrobatics to another nodes with some evasion-armor-life boosts? What do u think? And another one. Tested my clearing ability with 6L-PCoC and 6L-FA(instead of PCoC). My verdict is 6L-FA feals MUCH better, both on tooltip and on clearspeed, ofc im using death's hand. Is it fine or PCoC will have more profit on t13+ maps?

Sorry for grammar, my eng isnt so good :}
Last edited by Cifer4th on Mar 28, 2016, 1:47:47 AM
May I ask if you die from reflect? Running Hatred+HoA seems to do enough to kill me instantly. I also see that you took Mind Drinker, what about getting the Life and mana leech nodes instead? For 2 points you get 0.8% leech on life and 0.4% leech on mana.

Do you think Lightning Coil is viable? If I plan on getting Lightning Coil do you think I should still get the scion life wheel?

Would you be able to tell me your defensive stats or post a picture? I want to see how tanky you are able to get. Thank you!

Thoughts on using Abyssus as a helmet?

Could you also explain why Deadly Infusion is better than Assassinate? I was thinking of going Assassinate + Toxic Delivery, reason being is that we have Death Hand which is the best way to generate power charges (don't need Unstable Infusion). The 4 points for Assassinate provides you with 30% crit multi (from the basic nodes) in comparison to Deadly Infusion which gives you 8% crit multi per charge (40% crit multi at 5 charges) and 0.5% crit chance per charge (2.5% crit chance at 5 charges). This seriously makes me question why you would get Deadly Infusion over Assassinate. With Assassinate, you get the Increase damage and crit chance when on low life and culling effect. I believe this trumps the extra 2.5% crit chance and 10% crit multi you get from Deadly Infusion. Thoughts?
Last edited by Apolloco on Mar 28, 2016, 6:50:42 AM
"
zjasonyang wrote:
"
Rebox3 wrote:
"
Drakarin wrote:
you have opening and finishing attack with leap slam, but you can't use leap slam with a dagger in the Main Hand. Just confused.

Look at his offhand and think again.

I have the same problem.

Do you mean start/close the fight with leap slam (since I need death's hand in my mainhand to get leap slam available).
and manually swap mainhand with offhand ?

thanks for your reply.

Left weapon slot: DH
Right weapon slot: dagger
Use Leap Slam to start boss fights with Fortify buff & to cull bosses at low Hp.

"
Cifer4th wrote:
Sup man, im lvl 84 with ur build and clearing without any problems all maps i've got. Thx! Just a few questions. Recently i bought from Cadiro Daresso's Defiance 6S (672 coins lol) and just done 6L by 27 fusings (LOL). So, with an acrobatics daresso's onslaught buff works rly bad cuz of high evasion. Mb i should respec 5 points of acrobatics to another nodes with some evasion-armor-life boosts? What do u think? And another one. Tested my clearing ability with 6L-PCoC and 6L-FA(instead of PCoC). My verdict is 6L-FA feals MUCH better, both on tooltip and on clearspeed, ofc im using death's hand. Is it fine or PCoC will have more profit on t13+ maps?

Sorry for grammar, my eng isnt so good :}

Not getting hit allows you to keep up the Endurance charges for longer periods of time, so Acrobatics has good synergy with Daresso's.
You will need PCoC once you cannot reliable stun mobs anymore. Until then use FA.

"
Apolloco wrote:
May I ask if you die from reflect? Running Hatred+HoA seems to do enough to kill me instantly.

I don't die to reflect monsters, due to instant leech.

"
Apolloco wrote:
I also see that you took Mind Drinker, what about getting the Life and mana leech nodes instead? For 2 points you get 0.8% leech on life and 0.4% leech on mana.

Your mana pool will be too low to support WB spamming.

"
Apolloco wrote:
Do you think Lightning Coil is viable? If I plan on getting Lightning Coil do you think I should still get the scion life wheel?

LC is a great chest, if you can overcome the res penalty while still getting all the added phys, crit and life mods on your gear.

"
Apolloco wrote:
Would you be able to tell me your defensive stats or post a picture? I want to see how tanky you are able to get. Thank you!

Defences are Acro + Phase Acro + instant leech + screen wide AoE

"
Apolloco wrote:

You will die to reflect.

"
Apolloco wrote:
Could you also explain why Deadly Infusion is better than Assassinate? I was thinking of going Assassinate + Toxic Delivery, reason being is that we have Death Hand which is the best way to generate power charges (don't need Unstable Infusion). The 4 points for Assassinate provides you with 30% crit multi (from the basic nodes) in comparison to Deadly Infusion which gives you 8% crit multi per charge (40% crit multi at 5 charges) and 0.5% crit chance per charge (2.5% crit chance at 5 charges). This seriously makes me question why you would get Deadly Infusion over Assassinate. With Assassinate, you get the Increase damage and crit chance when on low life and culling effect. I believe this trumps the extra 2.5% crit chance and 10% crit multi you get from Deadly Infusion. Thoughts?

Crit from UI is more reliable, because it has 100% uptime. With Assassinate you basically loose half of your crit in boss fights.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
Apolloco wrote:

LC is a great chest, if you can overcome the res penalty while still getting all the added phys, crit and life mods on your gear.

Should I still opt for the scion life wheel?

"
Apolloco wrote:

How much armour, evasion, dodge, spell dodge, and block are you able to get?

"
Apolloco wrote:

You will die to reflect.

I assume all reflect like phys. reflect and ele. reflect cause the crit multi is so high? If that is true then maybe I can sacrifice crit multi on my necklace to get enough res to sustain Lightning Coil. Furthermore, if Abyssus is not good, would Rat's Nest be a viable option?

"
Apolloco wrote:

Crit from UI is more reliable, because it has 100% uptime. With Assassinate you basically loose half of your crit in boss fights.[/quote]

I guess that is a fair point although we do get a 30% to gain a power charge on stun with Death's hand, I thought it was redundant. I guess that makes sense that it is better overall because the 10% chance to get a power charge is better than the Assassinate damage buff (I have read comments before that there is overkill which is waste and I would assume getting Assassinate further facilitates this statement.) Why would you get Ambush over Toxic Delivery then? Ambush merely provides a strong first hit whereas Toxic Delivery would help give you consistent DPS through an entire boss fight.

Thank you very much for answering all my questions, it is much appreciated!
How do you get frenzy charges?
"
loboman96 wrote:
How do you get frenzy charges?

Kills with bloodrage

Defense stats running maligaros gloves and atziris boots
25.9k for reave w/ no buffs
https://gyazo.com/f040fdff067f85cb1e18e11e6d201a63

Phys reflect will dumpster you without instant leech. Spell(elemental?) reflect is manageable, just remember more damage dealt = more incoming so watch your vaal reaves and monitors full of mobs.

I've been playing with my pots the few days. Currently running...
Spoiler

Seems to be working really well. Atziris flask has amazing synergy with deaths hand and is very cheap. Taste of hate is super expensive but lions roar can work in its place for next to nothing.

As far as other pots, Instant regen is a godsend, bleed clear pot is required once you start mapping.
Kind of wanted the 99% evasion on my sulphur flask but wasn't going to reroll 30% res.
Kicking around the idea of a quartz with surgeon/%evasion during flask effect.

Let me know what you guys think. Thx for all the input OP and friends :)
Last edited by Rewynd91 on Mar 28, 2016, 6:13:35 PM
I'm also curious about the frenzy charges - there doesn't seem to be a way to maintain them (or generate them) against a single target? How do you fight against bosses with no or minimal extra monsters? Would the Frenzy skill fit anywhere in this build to solve those issues?

Thanks for the guide.
another question,

would you suggest to take VP before Acuity?
or is there any other options?

thanks
"
Apolloco wrote:
"
Apolloco wrote:

Should I still opt for the scion life wheel?

"
Apolloco wrote:

How much armour, evasion, dodge, spell dodge, and block are you able to get?

"
Apolloco wrote:

You will die to reflect.

I assume all reflect like phys. reflect and ele. reflect cause the crit multi is so high? If that is true then maybe I can sacrifice crit multi on my necklace to get enough res to sustain Lightning Coil. Furthermore, if Abyssus is not good, would Rat's Nest be a viable option?

"
Apolloco wrote:

Crit from UI is more reliable, because it has 100% uptime. With Assassinate you basically loose half of your crit in boss fights.

I guess that is a fair point although we do get a 30% to gain a power charge on stun with Death's hand, I thought it was redundant. I guess that makes sense that it is better overall because the 10% chance to get a power charge is better than the Assassinate damage buff (I have read comments before that there is overkill which is waste and I would assume getting Assassinate further facilitates this statement.) Why would you get Ambush over Toxic Delivery then? Ambush merely provides a strong first hit whereas Toxic Delivery would help give you consistent DPS through an entire boss fight.

Thank you very much for answering all my questions, it is much appreciated!

Help?
Last edited by Apolloco on Mar 29, 2016, 10:27:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info