[2.2] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave

"
returnofsnow wrote:
I'm doing a DW version of this build.

Here's my tree:

Spoiler
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2MgU9W9qjLGzFr_tQfPqtUimfyaVYeJVS4w2Kgtw1YnTcFJd8g5IEZZwVpAbmhPb1AcelS7w1UlR8uFjQ0cGVvXYdpfQ226Oin3jLOGsZrk-bIxirLTF2-fUIwW1wuzo1s3qYevPerIZMgGbJv_eJP3nVFFHjb9NkiP2jX0wfJVmBLFMYKOK7g4Km-cK73p460p945-Hdmeg_MXdDZAKOrO-pxm0ytMs6b02ZU2E2Ud-

Gear:

Spoiler

66k with Reave
70k+ with Static Strike

I personally think your passive node order and overall gem setup is better than than this original. I have been having some issues but your passive and gem setup seems to bring solution to my issues. great job. btw i am playing on torment.
"
returnofsnow wrote:

Here's my tree:

Spoiler
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2MgU9W9qjLGzFr_tQfPqtUimfyaVYeJVS4w2Kgtw1YnTcFJd8g5IEZZwVpAbmhPb1AcelS7w1UlR8uFjQ0cGVvXYdpfQ226Oin3jLOGsZrk-bIxirLTF2-fUIwW1wuzo1s3qYevPerIZMgGbJv_eJP3nVFFHjb9NkiP2jX0wfJVmBLFMYKOK7g4Km-cK73p460p945-Hdmeg_MXdDZAKOrO-pxm0ytMs6b02ZU2E2Ud-

Gear:

Spoiler

66k with Reave
70k+ with Static Strike

I personally think your passive node order and overall gem setup is better than than this original. I have been having some issues but your passive and gem setup seems to bring solution to my issues. great job. btw i am playing on torment.
"
DaDweeb wrote:
2 more questions :
Is the abyssus/lightning coil setup viable for this build?
Also, could it be possible to use a mark of the doubting knight platinum kris without losing to much dps?

I was using Abyssus + 5linx Belly of the beast on torment. not tanky enough even thoough I was hitting 4800hp. I got 5linx lightning coil now and I am gonna give it a try to see if this would be better for me. I personally think investing in evasion based gear than armor is better for this build or mixed possibly.
"
"
returnofsnow wrote:

Here's my tree:

Spoiler
Spoiler

How can you say his passive tree is better when he
1) Skips insanely strong notables (Finesse, Heart of the Oak, Fencing)
2) Takes really inefficient nodes (Evasion and Life cluster).

"
DaDweeb wrote:
2 more questions :
Also, could it be possible to use a mark of the doubting knight platinum kris without losing to much dps?

Abyssus + coil is a very strong combination if you want to push for very high DPS. Main drawback is that you will not be able utilize the amazing AoE burn of HoA, since you will need to run PoL and with end game gear you will probably run into troubles with reflect.
Mark of the Doubting Knigth is a really bad dagger that you should not use under any circumstances.

"
I was using Abyssus + 5linx Belly of the beast on torment. not tanky enough even thoough I was hitting 4800hp. I got 5linx lightning coil now and I am gonna give it a try to see if this would be better for me. I personally think investing in evasion based gear than armor is better for this build or mixed possibly.

Abyssus + Belly is just asking for suicide. You definitely need a Lightning Coil + PoL if you want to use Abyssus.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
Is a 200+ pdps plus dagger with 7.5+ crit decent enough?
Spoiler
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
"
returnofsnow wrote:

Here's my tree:

Spoiler
Spoiler

How can you say his passive tree is better when he
1) Skips insanely strong notables (Finesse, Heart of the Oak, Fencing)
2) Takes really inefficient nodes (Evasion and Life cluster).

"
DaDweeb wrote:
2 more questions :

Abyssus + coil is a very strong combination if you want to push for very high DPS. Main drawback is that you will not be able utilize the amazing AoE burn of HoA, since you will need to run PoL and with end game gear you will probably run into troubles with reflect.
Mark of the Doubting Knigth is a really bad dagger that you should not use under any circumstances.

"

Abyssus + Belly is just asking for suicide. You definitely need a Lightning Coil + PoL if you want to use Abyssus.

It's not the final tree. I will get Heart of Oak for sure before lvl 90. Also, I took the Eva/hp cluster because I wanted to hit 4k hp before I hit 85. Fencing feels pointless to me as long as I got those melee phys nodes near the Marauder start. I don't need more crit, I need hp, eva and resists.

Your build is really great too, but with the block nerf I don't think it's worth grabbing a shield. Also, I used it until I hit 76, worked great for me.

An ambusher with 200+ pdps and 8+ crit should be excellent for the build. Consider switching to static strike too, it's op.

EDIT: I actually have Heart of Oak in my passive tree, prolly forgot to mention it. :)
Last edited by returnofsnow on Jan 1, 2015, 9:40:19 AM
I have no idea why you want to travel to Marauder start, probably meant Duelist, both options are bad though. Crit builds are all about high crit chance and high crit multi, so saying that you don't need more crit is just plain wrong.
You say that you have around 4k Life. Good luck dooing 76 Crema boss, or even trying Courtyard Trio. A Shield does not only provide block + evasion, but also base life and in case of Perandus life leech, which are all invaluable stats. The only thing a crit dagger build does not need is even more dmg, heck I have already trouble enough not 1-shotting myself with 5.6k life, so going Dual Wield is completely inferior to 1h + shield.
"
DaDweeb wrote:
Is a 200+ pdps plus dagger with 7.5+ crit decent enough?

Gear must always be seen relative to one's level. When you start running 74+ you want a dagger with ~260pDPS and ~9.6% crit chance. Crit chance is the most important stat for daggers and I would advise you to never use one with less than 9% (unless it's only a temporary leveling weapon).
Selling my Ambusher i used for this build
390pDPS helped me reach 140k with atziri flask, 4 charges and vaal haste. Otherwise im always running 100k+, b/o is 75 ex, had a low ball offer of 60 ex from love_me_brother. Pm me if interested
Last edited by DeamosDan on Jan 2, 2015, 8:29:40 PM
So, a DW tree would most likely look like this:

Not really recommended for a reave build. Daggers already have so much dps that the extra we get from DW isn't really worth it, unless you want to do a cyclone build. Also, with DW you have to take acrobatics and phase acro to have any chance of surviving endgame. Even the tree I linked above(best I could do for dual dagger) takes far too many points to be feasible. I don't really consider 114 point trees easy to reach. The benefits that reave gains from DW are far, far too low.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info