1.2 Bow Buffs: Skills, Bows, Passives (and Cleave)

"
terrex wrote:
"
tagpt wrote:

Edit: Spectral Throw now deals 38% of base damage at lvl 1 (down from 46%). Ouch. Rip Ranger racers.

DAMN

I don't even know what Rangers are supposed to do now...

The pathing makes it worse to get both Point Blank and the big Bow cluster.

The good sword nodes are now to the right but Wrecking Ball is now to the left.

I guess it's time for you to learn how to Reave? :^)
"
tagpt wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
tagpt wrote:

Edit: Spectral Throw now deals 38% of base damage at lvl 1 (down from 46%). Ouch. Rip Ranger racers.

DAMN

I don't even know what Rangers are supposed to do now...

The pathing makes it worse to get both Point Blank and the big Bow cluster.

The good sword nodes are now to the right but Wrecking Ball is now to the left.

I guess it's time for you to learn how to Reave? :^)

I think Cleave ranger might be the fastest unfortunately. I dont know if I will do that though, melee in racing feels like punishment to me. Will compare bow to st but I still think st will be a bit faster even with nerf and the bow passives.
mule flameblast
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Thanks for the info Tag! But i wanted to see if the damage from gear applies to both hands with an insane penalty (the one that really killed cleave), 65% dmg effectiveness for DW is ok. Can you check it with a couple of iron rings?

Also don't forget the nerfed lvl 13- weapons for all the ST and LS users (add cleave to that list too if it's good) ;) All hail casters in 1h races.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
mule ice nova. mule fire trap. maybe do well.
"
Lyralei wrote:
mule ice nova. mule fire trap. maybe do well.

Fire trap + cleave new ranger build. This is what I do on no proj races lol.
So i just tried making a marauder...

The AS of all low level weapons (< lvl 12) have been increased but their damage has been reduced.

For reference:

driftwood maul: 11-16 dmg (from 12-19), 1.25 as (from 1.10)
tribal maul: 19-28 dmg (from 22-33), 1.10 as (from 0.95)
jade chopper: 20-31 dmg (24-37), 1.15 as (from 1)

mallets and woodsplitters are the same.

Even if you go all out phys dmg on the tree, a white tribal won't reliably 1shot mobs in coves anymore even with double iron and 24% rustic.
But most people have a rolled weapon by then.

I think the biggest difference is your jade chopper will start to fall sooner in act 2 or maybe we should wait and roll a woodsplitter instead idk.

leap slam has been nerfed slightly, the mana cost at lvl 1 is now 12 instead of 14 but the base attack speed has been nerfed to 1.41 instead of 1.4

brutus is easier for melee now because he does less damage and the shit he does is easy to avoid

i feel like merveil phase 1 is easier for molten strikers aswell (compared to casters) because you can snipe her very fast, its still sketchy though.
phase 2 is a little harder but not by much.
Last edited by tagpt on Aug 15, 2014, 11:31:44 AM
"
tagpt wrote:
So i just tried making a marauder...

The AS of all low level weapons (< lvl 12) have been increased but their damage has been reduced.

For reference:

driftwood maul: 11-16 dmg (from 12-19), 1.25 as (from 1.10)
tribal maul: 19-28 dmg (from 22-33), 1.10 as (from 0.95)
jade chopper: 20-31 dmg (24-37), 1.15 as (from 1)

mallets and woodsplitters are the same.

Even if you go all out phys dmg on the tree, a white tribal won't reliably 1shot mobs in coves anymore even with double iron and 24% rustic.
But most people have a rolled weapon by then.

I think the biggest difference is your jade chopper will start to fall sooner in act 2 or maybe we should wait and roll a woodsplitter instead idk.

leap slam has been nerfed slightly, the mana cost at lvl 1 is now 12 instead of 14 but the base attack speed has been nerfed to 1.41 instead of 1.4

brutus is easier for melee now because he does less damage and the shit he does is easy to avoid

i feel like merveil phase 1 is easier for molten strikers aswell (compared to casters) because you can snipe her very fast, its still sketchy though.
phase 2 is a little harder but not by much.

Good guy tagpt :) Appreciate theses. Appreciate all the posts with new info and experience sharing from the other server. <3
"
terrex wrote:

Good guy tagpt :) Appreciate theses. Appreciate all the posts with new info and experience sharing from the other server. <3

No worries. This is just speculation, our patch notes might contain differences relevant for racing but it should give us a perspective of the direction GGG is heading towards...

For example, I like most white mobs that were added (invasion league). It seems overall the density is higher making you raise the threshold of how many mobs you should kill. Most zones i consider better because of the mobs added but some zones are worse (weaver, caverns for example).

On the other hand, i personally don't really like the invaders.
I feel like they still do a lot more damage than the unique mobs we are used to (Gneiss, Calaf) and i think i will probably die to an invader or i'll be forced to skip a lot of the zone to run from one.
From my (limited) experience the invader from PGate is always on the same spot, but the one from Dark Forest isn't so sometimes you can't really tell.
Also, adding an invader to docks makes it a LOT more frustrating to farm.

But i can understand some people liking the addition. Its just not for me :)
This is mostly for sig races btw, in the normal game or other races, i think its ok.
Last edited by tagpt on Aug 15, 2014, 11:48:17 AM
"
cwu wrote:
Thanks for the info Tag! But i wanted to see if the damage from gear applies to both hands with an insane penalty (the one that really killed cleave), 65% dmg effectiveness for DW is ok. Can you check it with a couple of iron rings?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean...i never liked cleave so idk how it works or used to work.

Here's some damage numbers:

2 white swords 3-7 phys
cleave dmg: 2-6 phys (both)

adding a white iron ring 1-4 phys
cleave dmg: 3-9 phys (both)

adding another white iron ring
cleave dmg: 4-12 phys (both)

replacing white sword with a sword with 2-3 fire
cleave dmg: no fire damage (left), 1-2 fire (right), 4-12 (both)

replacing white iron with an iron ring with 1-2 fire (still using the fire sword)
cleave dmg: 1-1 fire(left), 2-3 fire (right), 4-12 (both)

So i guess damage rolls from a weapon only affect that weapon, damage rolls on jewelry/gloves affect both. All sources of damage get the 65% multiplier and its applied to each weapon.
Let me know if you want me to test something else.
Last edited by tagpt on Aug 15, 2014, 12:12:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info