1.2 Bow Buffs: Skills, Bows, Passives (and Cleave)

"
cwu wrote:
On the previous page Tag tested cleave and you can see that 1 iron ring gave him 1-3 phys dmg instead of 1-4. 1-4 * 0,65 = 1-3 , so the penalty is still there, thats not how the old cleave worked.

Ah, must've missed it. Thanks!
Turns out i'm getting senile and spread some misinformation here. Here's the DW cleave tooltip from my S4 shadow run (before the nerf) with a rare ring that gives me 1-5 light damage:

The same ring also gave me 1-2 cold damage, so the tooltip actually showed the old 80% penalty even then.

Tooltip with 1-5 light dmg ring looks like this now:

You can see the difference, and it's quite big. Obviusly the example is not that great with such small amount of added elemental damage and rounding operations playing a significant role here. I'm not even sure how to interpret the "do up to 2 lightning damage". Is that 0-2 ?

I would like to test it with larger numbers, say 1-100 light damage, but unfortunately it's not possible anymore, i don't have an old PoE server lying around :) Guess i'll try looking at Kripp's VODs tomorrow, since all mine are long gone. I could have sworn that back in S1-2 if you had a 1-15 light ring, the tooltip showed that both of your weapons did additional 1-15 light damage.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Duelists start with double strike instead of cleave now. But their other gem rewards (hillock, hailrake and eggs) are the same. I expect this to change for our patch.

Otherwise, i guess they take molten from hillock but then they have to take sweep. They never got GS and they don't get cleave anymore.
Sweep was buffed to 85% dmg eff (up from 75%) but the base att speed is the same: 1.15

With the starting weapons being faster, a 100% dmg effectiveness cleave (2h) seems so much better, but i never was a big fan of sweep so idk.

Would be pretty funny if the only class that doesn't do hailrake would mule cleave or gs :^)
"
tagpt wrote:
So overall, why pick a cancer skill when you can skillfully 1shot everything with fire trap?
And for another season in a row, the ranger starting skills are poop.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
"
TheuberClips wrote:

What? They added fire trap to ranger hillock reward...

Fire trap allows you to kill hailrake straight away and its the fastest skill any class can use to reach lvl 4 if you want to transition to a lvl 4 skill.

For levels 1 to 4 you don't need dmg on ptree to make it work.

Or i am missing something?
"
tagpt wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:

What? They added fire trap to ranger hillock reward...

Fire trap allows you to kill hailrake straight away and its the fastest skill any class can use to reach lvl 4 if you want to transition to a lvl 4 skill.

For levels 1 to 4 you don't need dmg on ptree to make it work.

Or i am missing something?

Wait what really lol

It's about damn time then. I didn't notice, might not have even checked but I swear I did... But yes, you're right - Fire Trap is definitely great for ranger.

I still don't think bow or spec throw ranger is going to be the best, I think it's going to end up being Phys Cleave or something for Ranger - perhaps bow ranger with some sick RNG will work though.

I feel like Rain of Arrows needs to be at most 8 mana cost at level 1 to see a significant improvement, perhaps up the base damage a bit, but it costs a hell of a lot of mana to use. Meanwhile, flameblast costs like nothing now. (They did lower the mana cost on it, right? It seemed EXTREMELY low when I was leveling with it)

Maybe Poison Arrow Fire Trap returns, who knows. I could see it working, though maybe not in Docks.

I think one of the biggest things about Phys Cleave that will make it so strong, though, is that they added the 20% physical damage multiplier while dual wielding - something that seems easy to forget about. This effectively makes the damage effectiveness for pure physical damage on dual wielding 78% for each weapon instead of 65%. That's even better than it used to be - before that, it was 70% for each weapon, with an additive reduction of 40% per. Add in the fact that we have physical damage crafting potential and... yeah, things will be interesting this season for sure.
Current IGN: twitchtvTheuberelite

http://twitch.tv/theuberelite - I stream sometimes.
Last edited by TheuberClips on Aug 27, 2014, 2:28:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info