Lightning in 1.2

So with the change in 1.2 regarding shock stacking (from 3 stacks of 30% to one stack of 50%) do you think this means Lightning spells will get a higher crit chance or a higher base damage increase or something else?

Personally i think increasing crit chance would ruin the unique feeling lightning spells have.
I would rather welcome a increase of %chance to shock on the spells and base damage.

Discuss.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Aug 11, 2014, 6:55:21 AM
Higher base damage for sure. Only logical way to buff. Only question is the degree.

I personally welcome the change. Makes lightning more reliable while not hurting its utility.
I think there will be no changes to crit strike chance of lightning spells. Also with new shock mechanic, players will have easier time against high spikes of lightning damage(Piety, Dominus, storm herald etc.), but it will decrease power of Elemental Proliferation and stacking shock chance in general.
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
I think we'll have fantastic lighting in PoE, especially in those dark dungeon-like maps.

I mean seriously, how does GGG expect us to see?
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Objectively, I'd expect a base Damage increase to all skills but Arc.

Subjectively, I'd like a larger variety of Base Crit Chance among Lightning Spells, so that those who want to focus on Crit in a Lightning Spell build, can.

Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Aug 11, 2014, 4:15:12 AM
I kinda feel like it's suicidal to go full out crit on lightning due to the spiky damage.

If they do buff base damage Empower will reign even more supreme than currently, and Geofri/Vertex will be the goto item.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
ephetat wrote:
Objectively, I'd expect a base Damage increase to all skills but Arc.

Subjectively, I'd like a larger variety of Base Crit Chance among Lightning Spells, so that those who want to focus on Crit in a Lightning Spell build, can.

Discharge. Lightning warp. Granted, spark should be buffed in crit chance again. even just 5/6% would be fine
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I'm just hoping shock nova will be awesome somehow as a main skill.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
maffa50 wrote:
I'm just hoping shock nova will be awesome somehow as a main skill.

Until they remove the stupid dead zone it will never be a good skill.

Best way to change it would be something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV6-JkZRBAo
another nerf for Spark, poor skill :(
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info