Explain to me how you would build a wand marauder.

"
solaire wrote:
I'm pretty new to all of this but here's my attempt at planning and building a wand marauder, largely inspired by Generic_Bad_Guy's post:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYVcN0iGezXbnpzAB5zbohyk6Ut-_WK9GaXgNqW5N46xZ_o-18m6qMn6uk6ZXOuGI8Xq4QYeCx5UgKrpb9Cj66-64k6cI2t2PRtDQm6Fnve5veM4_c52uGmzkIilPgpvsOIV9V-J35TKJDH0Qf8ae

I liked his build in particular because of the lack of RT, which seems to defeat the purpose of using a wand. Leveling without it was painless; I just wore whatever acc. stuff I found that didn't suck and spammed leap slam. I was able to start wanding by level 36 at which time I turned on Blood Magic and put on all the ele dmg gear I'd managed to hoard. I'm barely into the build; just leveling through the 40s so I know my observations are only worth so much. Still, I find my accuracy to be adequate and with LMP and Fork on PS mopping up packs is a breeze. Frenzy with damage supports handles single targets. Being able to spam eternally with blood magic is awesome, and the survivability that comes with using a ranged weapon AND a tower shield feels like cheating. Giving everyone in your party 3 of each charge ain't bad either.

As for my planned build, I thought going all those points away from anything relevant to wands was a little much, even for delicious life regen, so no Golem's Blood. As a cheap substitute I took some extra HP in the middle. By doing that, I figured I could make my way a bit deeper into the Templar tree and pick up a ton of juicy elemental damage and another power charge. Any points beyond the planned build I guess would go to life and maybe an extra endurance charge. I left in a few stat nodes I took that can easily be respecced as gear allows. I'd definitely like to hear any opinions as to whether the extra power charge and catalyze are worth the points to get there, or any other critiques.

I was under the impression that going for more physical base damage on the wand then converting it to elemental damage was the most efficient way to go. Do you plan to move into the wand nodes in the witch territory too?

Here is my planned build up to 99 skill points. I wanted to focus on more defenses and 5 endurance charges that way I can really help with group survivability in party play.

Last edited by Rodskii on Feb 6, 2013, 6:48:47 PM
"
I was under the impression that going for more physical base damage on the wand then converting it to elemental damage was the most efficient way to go. Do you plan to move into the wand nodes in the witch territory too?

Here is my planned build up to 99 skill points. I wanted to focus on more defenses and 5 endurance charges that way I can really help with group survivability in party play.

Very possible I'll never reach this build, but I was generally going to end it like this:

I dont even know if the +fire/ice/lightning dmg works in conjunction with the phys to elemental dmg passives at the top, I just didnt see anything else really worth getting.
So its been a bit, I got from level 15 to 31. I am working on getting my stats in line for wanding. I just got Lesser Multiple Projectiles gem and now have to worry about dex too? I am hoping the build gets better but now its pretty painful.
I think krip did something like this
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEsxRNFm8ZLhmFGjgabCSqJ-0o-ilPNuk62EZxTdhQUFRJVcZYY1nzXz9nvYFvgpuMdozPj0aQVZMnlSCboZ2unjyiAKcIp4SsqrQMuJO53cAaxtjPZdDQ1I_jauQi51Lr7uw47m_vDvAf8i_z3fTp9kg=
"
ixireaperixi wrote:
So its been a bit, I got from level 15 to 31. I am working on getting my stats in line for wanding. I just got Lesser Multiple Projectiles gem and now have to worry about dex too? I am hoping the build gets better but now its pretty painful.

I am level 42 right now and I ended up going bows once I got iron grip. It seems to help but I still feel my damage is painfully low and not to mention having the speed reduction from heavy armor makes it hard to kite. I got a pair of 20% speed boots and that helped a lot but I still feel I have to work hard to get the kills. But then again I also don't have any good gems right now. Can't afford a greater multiple projectile. I plan to level my ranger just to get the lesser one and see if that helps. I didn't think it would be worth it at all to go wands until I get static blows. Still have 10 levels before that happens....
So I am still working on this build. I do have a question though about late game passives.

Frost/fire/lightning walker. Those would affect the elements on wands, right? Im thinking of getting them late game cause its a offensive and defensive talent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info