[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

what do you guys think about this more tanky build pure Evasion gear and grace aura
Acrobatic + Phase Acrobatics + Ondar's Guile

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAx4EBwVCBx4OSA_EEZYWQBZvFr8aOB0UH0EkqiaVJy8qEyycLR826TpYO3xBlkSrSVFMs1AwVUtVrlXGWOVaK13yYeJjQ2aecFJw1X_GghCD24V9idOMNo5kj0aPpo_6kFWVIJUum6Gio6PyrJius7b6uMq5k8AawfPDCdD1217fsONq6_Xw1fId96b31_rSgh7bC21s6NbndNQjBbUwcd2oS3g6Qn8rMHxRR42_1ornVCT9_95NkiP2jX0qC_PqtUgGIw==
also when do you guys start picking crit nodes? im at 67 and i have doom nodes and few starting crit nodes and it feels like i wasted 7~ nodes for nothing, when i could put it into armor/hp instead i took them and have a whopping 16% crit chance lol
You take crit nodes last unless they are exactly on they way.

You dont get to much crit chance because Flame totems base is 4% but the high cast frequency of flame totem makes up for it so over a short period of time it averages out.

You will reach a point where 1 crit will be enough to kill and with 12 Projectiles per second firing and later on like 30% crit this will happen fast.

Dont expect to get crazy high crit chance numbers.

What helps at all stages is to get a diamond flask or too and use it as a cooldown for bosses. It really melts them good.
Been doing this build on bloodlines finally able to farm atziri :) nice!
On bloodlines

http://youtu.be/CefKW94Dvqo

A clip of me doing a full run fumbled at start but else smooth.
Last edited by HarilaXL on Jan 27, 2015, 4:45:37 AM
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
You take crit nodes last unless they are exactly on they way.

You dont get to much crit chance because Flame totems base is 4% but the high cast frequency of flame totem makes up for it so over a short period of time it averages out.

You will reach a point where 1 crit will be enough to kill and with 12 Projectiles per second firing and later on like 30% crit this will happen fast.

Dont expect to get crazy high crit chance numbers.

What helps at all stages is to get a diamond flask or too and use it as a cooldown for bosses. It really melts them good.

so how he have 44,1%

i have only 19,8% spell crit chance and 1,5k dps 4l all gems lvl 17
i still need maligaro's Virtuosity and 6L Infernal Mantle and gem and wand hope hope i will have with this aLL 44%

MY BUILD
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAx4EBwVCBbUGIwceDkgPxBGWFm8Wvxo4HRQfQSP2JKomlScvJ6kqCyoTLJwtHzBxMHw26TpCOlg7fEGWRKtJUUt4TLNRR1VLVa5VxljlWitd8mHiZJ1mnm1scFJw1X5Zfyt_xoIQg9uJ04w2jX2Nv45kj0aPpo_6kFWVIJUum6Gio6PyrJius7VItvq4ysAawfPQ9dQj1ordqN-w42rndOjW6_Xw1fId8-r3pvfX-tI=
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Jan 27, 2015, 7:16:42 AM
Really loving this build now. Lvl 72, running lvl 70s maps, 45k dps. My hp is a little low at 3.7k, I would like to work it up to 5.5k to feel comfortable moving forward.

I have played other flame totem builds, and although each had great points, this one I feel is the best because the others got boring for me fairly quickly. Keeping up power charges not only intensifies the dps but also makes the build interesting and fun to play.

Great job on this build Gregory.

One question: Because of my low hp 3.7k, I use zombies+life to keep them upfront while I DPS from the back. Do you think it would be better to run a summon skeleton with CWDT, also add molten shell perhaps? My totes do major dps, I just want to up my survivability.

I lied, more questions:

1) Are there any stats which do not get counted in your tool tip dps for flame totem?
2) Because of the 3 dragons helm, I thought ice spear would ignite, but then I realized ancestral bond makes it do 0 dmg, and I understand the benefit of ice spear is the power charge, but does the 3 dragon help with the igniting on ice spear? So now the only effect I see is that my totems shock on crit. How is that better than ignite for a fire build?

Thanks
Last edited by ivqancorp on Jan 30, 2015, 8:26:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of doing this build for the new league (guess it'll start next month or so), I was wondering if with some end game gearing will it be possible to do uber atziri with this build. Has anyone using this build tried uber atziri or is it good for farming atziri only, and then I should make some other build for uber once I get enough currency farming atziri.

Thanks in advance!!!
Thoughts on fire penetration? I feel like increased crit damage could be replaced by it.
Ok I found the below link mentioning that uber is done with this build:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2p4eaq/uber_atziri_down_deathless_with_flame_totems/
Not sure if any recent changes would have made it difficult. But guess I am gonna try it. If anyone has some views on it please share them. Thanks!
@linasas123 I think the build takes more of its damage from crits rather than relying solely on fire damage, so I guess increase critical damage would benefit more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info