Manual Righteous Discharger

"
Hyperbear wrote:
I do not require that gear though, having and needing are very different, I shall have to make a video of me clearing a courtyard in all 5-10c items at some point because I know I can do it :)

However I do agree with the crit portion, and I find it impressive that yours does enough damage on only a 3-link so in that sense yes they are indeed incredibly different. Props to you for creating a slightly more varied build, on another note does it ever feel clunky having to generate power charges with a romira's? I could see that becoming very annoying very quickly.

I think your build is quite weak for several reasons. Hyperbear alluded to Incinerate making it clunky - I completely agree with that position. After watching your run through that Palace map with ZERO DANGEROUS MODS (phys reflect + poison on hit, are you serious?) I'm left wondering many things. For one, how come white mobs deal so much damage to you?

Your build clears very very slowly, you're squishy as hell, and by the looks of it you're getting more damage from your Righteous Fire than anything else.

TL,DR: I think your Discharge deals decent damage in a single burst, but requires WAY too much effort to replenish charges and doesn't defend itself well at all. Gameplay footage: give us some Courtyard with elemental reflect or something like it. Give us a map that actually challenges the build, if you're trying to prove it's a good build

Best of luck with future builds. Thanks for sharing your ideas with the community
"
Hyperbear wrote:
I do not require that gear though, having and needing are very different, I shall have to make a video of me clearing a courtyard in all 5-10c items at some point because I know I can do it :)

However I do agree with the crit portion, and I find it impressive that yours does enough damage on only a 3-link so in that sense yes they are indeed incredibly different. Props to you for creating a slightly more varied build, on another note does it ever feel clunky having to generate power charges with a romira's? I could see that becoming very annoying very quickly.

I don't actually generate power charges manually unless a mob decides to not die. Though it might not show in that awful palace map or the messed up recording of the torture chamber map, but i usually do one shot packs, if I don't I'll incinerate for 1 second, generating 4 power charges and discharge again.

"
cha_siu_bao wrote:

I think your build is quite weak for several reasons. Hyperbear alluded to Incinerate making it clunky - I completely agree with that position. After watching your run through that Palace map with ZERO DANGEROUS MODS (phys reflect + poison on hit, are you serious?) I'm left wondering many things. For one, how come white mobs deal so much damage to you?

Your build clears very very slowly, you're squishy as hell, and by the looks of it you're getting more damage from your Righteous Fire than anything else.

TL,DR: I think your Discharge deals decent damage in a single burst, but requires WAY too much effort to replenish charges and doesn't defend itself well at all. Gameplay footage: give us some Courtyard with elemental reflect or something like it. Give us a map that actually challenges the build, if you're trying to prove it's a good build

Best of luck with future builds. Thanks for sharing your ideas with the community

This is some valid criticism, especially from what you saw. The Palace map was a bunch of awkwardness together, packs were small or non existent, which doesn't help this build at all.
For the amount of damage I took from the white pack at start: that is the normal amount of damage you take in a lvl 78 map with only a little regen and 4k armor. I kinda rushed into the pack, if I would have opened the door and cast enduring cry first you would have seen me drop maybe 1k hp instead of 4k.

If I want I can be VERY tanky, have immortal call up 100$, but if i'm playing solo I don't feel the need for that.

For the slow clear speed: don't go and compare me with an arc build, they are just way stronger at clearing those 5 mob packs, its a given. Can't compete.

Lastly I am also uploading a double boss haste courtyard map, unfortunately it is filled with birdies necros and bone rhoa's so its rather slow. Boss kill is somewhere in the middle of the vid (3:50), its rather uneventful, they deal little damage and are fairly squishy.

I have no intention of running an ele reflect map, not because I can't but because its slow. I wouldn't be able to take quicksilvers and that just kills the fun.

P.s.: RF deals 90% of my life per second as fire damage, so yeh, its gonna be the most dangerous thing in the map. I don't overcap my fire to 200% so curses are gonna make me drop rapidly

Lastly: Still waiting for my gems to hit 20, which should boost my fire res by 2% and damage by 20 %
Last edited by MrsTMouse on Aug 10, 2014, 6:00:33 PM
"
MrsTMouse wrote:

P.s.: RF deals 90% of my life per second as fire damage, so yeh, its gonna be the most dangerous thing in the map. I don't overcap my fire to 200% so curses are gonna make me drop rapidly

Actually what Cha appears to be saying is that you are basically a righteous fire build with a little fluff added which I kind of agree with. Your gem levels are not going to fix your problems which are that your build is clunky, slow and should really be run in a 5l instead of a 3l. If you used an empower gem in a 5link it would allow you to add fire penetration or something else which would increase your damage a lot. Throwing the word budget on your build to justify it having some innate design floor is a poor taste move as it leads new players to believe the build will be good for them. As it stands it is "budget" possible to get a 5l for 5chaos and a level2 empower gem for 20c, I do not see how that is bank breaking. Also you state you do not generate power charges manually unless a mob decides to die, I'm curious how that works. You see Romira's Banquet can only proc once per spell cast no matter how many enemies it fails to critically hit, on top of this you are attempting to crit with your discharge, so you are forced into using the incinerate which is the entire problem with this build. You really have attempted to do too much and I feel like the build could be so much better if you simply scale it back.

Also you almost die many times in a level78 map which had easy mods, I find it hilarious therefore that you made a point on the previous page about how your build has more life than mine. Having more hitpoints does not mean you have more effective hit points, I have 12k armour - would be 6k in a set of 5c gear - and a high block chance, I fail to see how that is less defensive than your build.
Harvest crafting thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2902994
Level 100 Softcore - Storm Brand Occultist
Level 100 Hardcore - Shockwave Totems
Level 100 Hardcore - Bladefall Self-cast
Level 100 Hardcore - Whispering Ice
The title was tacky, I agree. Changed it back.

I said "I'll generate power charges if a mob decides to NOT die"

I added a double boss haste courtyard, which i survive perfectly.

And honestly, if you would have stood in that exact spot i stood in with 4k hp and 6k armor instead of my 5.1k hp and 4k armor you would have taken similar damage. Also, if you mean to say you can run any RF with 10c worth of gear, then I would very much like to see that build.

Again; define "slow" and "fast". How fast do you need a clear a map to be fast?

Sorry should of clarified, thats 10c worth of gear plus rise of the phoenix :)

Nice video, that I can get behind and I guess fast and slow is all relative I guess, I just find that the clunky incinerate makes it feel slower, I wish there was a better way to gain the powercharges consistently, if you could find that then this build would be great. I still recommend a 5l with empower and another gem over that wand you are using.
Harvest crafting thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2902994
Level 100 Softcore - Storm Brand Occultist
Level 100 Hardcore - Shockwave Totems
Level 100 Hardcore - Bladefall Self-cast
Level 100 Hardcore - Whispering Ice
Its just as fast as your vid of shipyard :)
Im kind of worried about the mana, especially in groups (When i run purity of lightning instead of clarity )if I go 5/6L.

The build looks squishy if you play it hastily. But if I make sure to have immortal call or endurance charges up at the right times I take a lot less damage. But rushing in the wrong way gets me nearly killed.
Last edited by MrsTMouse on Aug 11, 2014, 1:59:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info