1.2.x Crit Flameblast EB AA 11-17k tooltip. Full Atziri video with 1 shot vaals.

This is one of my favorite characters. He moves fast, does terrific damage, and forces you to be on your toes due to his glassy nature.

UPDATED for 1.2

Overall, a definite nerf. The 15% damage wasn't bad, but lowering base crit from 6-5% hurts greatly. In order to counteract this, as well as take advantage of new Power Charge on kill from Assassin's Mark, I've specced back into Power charges. With 6 power charges (maybe will respec into 7 later), I went from 17k Con Avg dmg (tooltip) and 62% crit to 15.8k and 59%. It sucks having to rely on Power charges and curse before killing. It's something I can get used to. Losing 15% crit vs. Atziri will absolutely suck.
Other changes: lost 2 max resists for Fire cold, but gained ~600 hp. Gained ~70 mana regen due to new tree. Had to spec into Sovereignty in order not to activate Mantle.

Stats

Old 1.1 Album - http://imgur.com/a/X54by.
Current:
Conc Effect DPS (w 6 PC) = 15.8k / 59% crit
Increased Crit strikes (w 6 PC) = 10.1k / 65% crit
Mana regen = 344
HP = 4.6k (old 4.1)
Mana = 1363/3333
Resists = 79/75/78

1.1 Videos
Full Atziri Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkLdcWPDrdw .Got distracted and died randomly to trash, otherwise good run.
Double Palace boss - http://youtu.be/KO5w6XqBH2Q
Shrine Piety - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFYgquzzwk
Palace Dom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDX8Ep13I0
Courtyard Bosses - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d58smO3xTLc
Atziri Triboss - http://youtu.be/GCh2G3ZSBao
Atziri fight - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQTvM0XW8Pc

Shipyard - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MrHsplHjeI
Shrine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KTMejFcwgs
Courtyard Run (forgot 2nd purity) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H97Akd8zig

Gorge Speed Run - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/971403/page/25#p8388713

Links
AA-Empower-Crit Weakness
Warp-FasterCast-RedDuration
CWDT-EndCry-ImmortalCall-Incr Duration
RedMana-Clarity-PoL-PoF
(prototype) CWDT-DevouringTotem-Desecrate-FrostWall

Flameblast links
The two required links are Flameblast - Elemental Proliferation. After this, there are many many choices, all with their own pros and cons. I'll go over them:
-Concentrated Effect: this is the biggest damage booster to FB. If you feel like your damage is mediocre, use this. The cons are high mana multiplier and most importantly reduction in AoE, meaning you won't ignite as large of an area.
-Fire Penetration: For me, this is a must. Trash mobs and magics will generally die in 1 shot 95% of the time. Only time you'll have a prolonged fight is against bosses, exiles and fire resistant mobs. Against them, you can't beat the 35% damage you get from Fire Penetration.
-Life Leech: for occasional use only. It's same color as Fire Pene, it's your choice between sustain vs. damage consistency.
-Increased Critical Damage: a huge DPS boost once your crit chance is over 50%. Also keep in mind that this works multiplicatively with Critical Weakness Curse. For example, the 140 from ICD becomes (140*1.8) 250% more multi.
-Faster Cast: Very useful for stacking FB charges faster. The other option is Echo
-Spell Echo: This is useful if your damage is not enough to 1shot-1charge whites and magics. Echo will give you consistent 2 charges and improve your stutter stepping consistency. The problem with Echo is that it makes you stand still longer for 2nd charge, making kiting unreliable. Also there's a 10% less damage multiplier.
-Increased Critical Strikes: useful when you have very high damage. It gives an ~8% increased critical chance for FB, making your hits more consistent and lowers the number of recasts you have to do.
-Added Lightning: this is the middle ground between Concentrated Effect and Increased Critical Strikes. It increases the damage by shockstacking (through crits) enemies, increasing their burn damage. The damage increase is generally not as great as Concentrated Effect, but at the same time, it does not decrease the AoE.

When I solo maps (incl 78), I use FB+Prolif+Pene+ICD+FC+Incr Crit Strikes
When I party (3+) maps up to 76, I use FB+Prolif+Pene+ICD+FC+Added Lightning
When I party (3+) maps 77+, I use FB+Prolif+Pene+ICD+FC+Concentrated Effect
When I run Dom, I use FB+Prolif+Pene+ICD+FC+Concentrated Effect

FAQs
Spoiler

1) Why don't you take any fire and burn nodes? Why no chance to ignite?
A crit flameblaster, just like firetrapper, ignites by causing critical hits. A crit ignite will burn for 20% of initial hit damage per second, for 4 seconds. Thus to maximize a crit flameblaster, you need to increase the initial hit damage and to make sure it occurs frequently enough (high crit chance - 50%+). When you don't crit, your damage will be bad. You actually shouldn't even get quality on your Flameblast in order to reduce the ignite chance on non-critical hits.
2) Why Crit Weakness over Ele?
In another thread someone analyzed the potential damage and it came out that ele weakness is more linear, while crit is more spiky.. but on average, they're very close. Where Crit weakness pulls ahead is the +10% added crit chance. It helps to make your crits more frequent, decreasing the number of recasts you have to do.
3) Don't you ever go on low mana and activate your Mantle?
No - I have enough regen to instantly regen anything, and can keep channeling FB forever and not hit Low mana. One 5% reserve node is all you need to be above 35% mana. I have 1354 / 3590 unreserved, while 35% point is at 1256. You just need enough regen. My tree has up to ~12 0% more mana regen 6 pts away, so they're available if you need them.
4) Last CWDT setup is something I'm playing with, it's another way to regain health besides pots. Devouring Totem starts eating desecrated corpses, giving you 200-300 life each. If there's more dead bodies after, it'll continue eating them. It works well, unless the totem gets killed.

Gear

Chest - Mantle for dmg bonuses and Crit chance. Carcass is also a good choice.
Gloves - Malis if you have enough resists, or rares w life/res/ES
Helm- - rare
Boots - rare
Rings - rares, look for res/life/mana regen/crit chance/cast speed/fire dmg/stats you need
Ammy - rare, look for spell dmg/crit multi/life/mana regen
Belt - rare or Doryani's for sustain
Weapons - rares. All you need is spell dmg and Spell crit. Everything else (mana regen/crit multi/+cold spells for AA) is just a bonus.

Approximate cost
Almost all of my chars are budget friendly. All you need for FB to be effective is a 4L, so the starter character can be dirt cheap, say 1c per item. You can make a good character with a 1-2ex budget - 5c per item sounds reasonable. My setup would probably fetch 25-30ex on the open market, including gems.

Old non-sustain setup

Current sustain

Tree - lvl90

HC Viable?
To modify my build for more tankiness, I'd go one of two ways:
-Replace Mantle with Cloak of Defiance and grab some mana regen nodes. Aim for 400+ regen and 1.5k unreserved to sustain MoM.
-Replace Mantle with Lightning Coil, then grab Auras + block. Replace shoes with Rainbowstrides, replace 2nd weapon with Rathpith Globe. The passive tree would look something like:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRlhXnFm8ZhRpsHNwelCQ8JKomlSepKPo26TyORZ1GcUlRVUtVxlfJWm1d8mKscFJwu3DVc7N6qn_Ggh6DCYhCjDaPRpMnmuCdY52qna6io6SxpwinXKw_tAy4k8BRwfPPZdDQ1U_WndsL3Ffed-Nq44Tljuq66-7wa_Id893ZEy9vDH0Qf8ae-tIXL2TnVdaApB0UTDUoxfO-cH2plRoyUWDe9to9J2EG6QkhY0Py4cLsHoFLjf8c4YgdqvPqFr-H22Hi53RtGUV-DlwQdAj0eQMxiMBU

This should let you achieve 60/55 block, run high AA, mitigate 40% of physical dmg through Coil, have ~220% (~4.5k) HP, and run 4 auras (say PoF/PoL/Clarity/Grace.. you shouldn't need discipline.)

Thanks for looking.
Last edited by j0zef on Aug 21, 2014, 1:41:14 AM
Added new videos, refined some parts.
what about spell echo instead of faster casting ?
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
what about spell echo instead of faster casting ?
Answered this in FAQ, mate.

Expanded HC section.
Updated 8/12/14 for a sustain setup - lost 300 hp, gained 1% leech.

Added links discussion due to numerous questions.
looks great.
can you help me on my gear
"
larrylove89 wrote:
looks great.
can you help me on my gear

Hi there,

you need more life and resists. Try to get life on every piece of gear that is not unique (rings/amulet/shoes/helm) Also Doryani's Catalyst is not a great choice for this build since it has low crit. Using 2 Divinarius is better if you can't get a rare. So:
-Replace Rat's nest with a rare helm that has life and resists. Preferably ES based one so you get extra mana from EB.
-Replace Catalyst with 2nd Divinarius or a similar rare (140+ crit 60+ spell dmg. Everything else is extra)
-Get rings with Life, resists and mana regen.
-Same with amulet - if you have to, give up Spell damage in favor of life and mana regen (and resists, if you need them)
-Your boots are ok, but they don't have any life. I would also recommend to look for ES based boots so you get a mana boost.
-You need Arctic Armour - it's pretty much the only defense I have. It's absolutely crucial to be able to run high level AA.
-On your boots, gems should be linked in clockwise direction starting with top left: CWDT-End Cry-ImmortalCall-Incr Dur
-The other CWDT setup is missing a devouring totem. Devour totems require high str, and you need it to be at least lvl ~10ish to see a significant difference when it eats corpses.
i played crit fb in the one month the dmg is really op, one charge = os everything.

Imo you should remove faster casting gemn + faster casting on the tree (both are good for burning fb not crit)i dont see anypoint to use faster casting with crit with one charge you os everything, you charge only for boss at the end of the map.
You should use increase burning dmg its really powerfull really better than faster casting for crit fb

And add lightning is also really good because you shock everything.

If you want increase ur survability you should use a shield, a shield can give u 100% crit, hp, res spell dmg....

If u have some socket free try vaal fireball+trap+lmp+fire pen, its awsome, insane dmg!! and its safe because ^you use trap, for boxes its op you throw a trap you open the box and all monster instant die^^

my build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWwdjCPQOSA5cD8QQdBGWEmkUTRccGYUabB8CJDwkqiaVJ6kqjSycLR8xiDbFNtg26Tt8PAU9X0SrRX5FnUbXSRtJUVJTVUtVrlXGVytabV3GXfJmT20ZcFJw1XF5c1N5A3qqf8aBSYIegziHZYhCi4yMNo5kj0aPppeFmuCcLZ1jnaOdqp2un9-iAKKjpLGnCKdcr7eyOLQ4tQS2-riTuMrAUcBUwfPPZdDQ2CTbC-Fz42rjhOQi5Rnljuvu7FXtIO988B_yHfPd8-r3pvyr-_UCcQ==

I was at 56.3% crit chance , with more lvl i would take the little crit chance for reach 60%+
Last edited by keta on Aug 15, 2014, 5:42:54 AM
"
keta wrote:
i played crit fb in the one month the dmg is really op, one charge = os everything.

Imo you should remove faster casting gemn + faster casting on the tree (both are good for burning fb not crit)i dont see anypoint to use faster casting with crit with one charge you os everything, you charge only for boss at the end of the map.

You must be running some really low maps or always play solo. I play 77+, usually in parties and one charge does not one shot things. Faster cast and nodes let me get higher charges faster, and 110% more multiplier from each charge is vastly superior to any other boost you can get.

"
You should use increase burning dmg its really powerfull really better than faster casting for crit fb
Not a chance. Crit FB relies on critting. Faster cast lets you recast faster if you miss your crit, especially with ability to get to 3 charges in in less than half a second. IBD literally does nothing for you, unless again, you're running low maps in which you don't need to crit to kill things. In that case, you should drop crit altogether and run plain FB - nothing wrong with that. Plain FB is an excellent solo build.

"
And add lightning is also really good because you shock everything.
I've discussed added lightning above. Scroll up.

"

If you want increase ur survability you should use a shield, a shield can give u 100% crit, hp, res spell dmg....
Finding a shield that provides the DPS boost I'm looking for is impossible (or at least, it's gonna be ~20ex+). For ex, if I compare your shield vs my 2nd weapon, you have 93% crit, 73 life, regen, 23 res and ES. My 2nd weapon has 150% crit, 70% spell dmg and 37 res. I'm fine with mana/regen, so all I'm losing is 73 life.
Plus, using a shield without shield nodes or spellblock is really not that good. DW gives 15% block while shield has 30%, and neither one of us blocks spells. If you want to use a shield, grab Rathpith (or Stone) and shield nodes.

"
If u have some socket free try vaal fireball+trap+lmp+fire pen, its awsome, insane dmg!! and its safe because ^you use trap, for boxes its op you throw a trap you open the box and all monster instant die^^
This makes no sense to me. Why would you use something else for damage when you have crit FB? Complete waste of sockets IMO.
"
j0zef wrote:
"
This makes no sense to me. Why would you use something else for damage when you have crit FB? Complete waste of sockets IMO.

With trap vaal fireball u instant kill all monster when they spawn from the box, if u charge ur fb and one reflect is in the pack u will instant kill urself.

In solo i OS rare in 78 map, in party 1 charge dont OS rare but in 6 party player u dont need to OS rare monster other ppl do dmg aswell..., with few charge i can os them but i never do more than 3/4 charge because if a reflect come u will killurself, 10 charge flameblast in all the map its for burning fb not crit^^

Last edited by keta on Aug 15, 2014, 4:21:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info