More Forsaken Masters Information

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to play it!
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Thanks for the detailed information. I'm really excited for leveling masters and creating my own base! I love the idea of showing off MTX in your hideout as well, please implement the mannequin/pet idea (even if it's not ready for 1.20).

Only one thing seems a little off to me, and that's the unique item masters can sell. How will you limit this? Will map-only uniques stay map-only, with masters unable to stock them? Dream Fragments can drop in normal mode in Act 1, so that's not something I'm too worried about (even as a very rare and costly item). Just concerned with how certain uniques may become available, like say Doon Cuebiyari, Auxium, Soul Taker, etc.

Hopefully we'll get a list of uniques masters can stock by the time the FM patch is released.
Bring back race seasons.
"
More items in their vendor shops that rotate every day

While I personally love this I know a lot of people will view it as the dreaded return of "dailies", which is generally something a game should avoid at all costs. The draw to playing should be player interest in the game, not a forced daily task to get people to log in.

Hopefully it doesn't feel like that, but I know I will love having something new to check everyday (gotta get that 6L plate vest RNG)
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

As you level your Master up, you're able to upgrade the size of your Hideout. There are three sizes and they each support a different number of Masters (ranging from 2 to 4).

So there is no chance we can have 7 masters in one Hideout for an ultimate crafting benefit?

The question then arises: How can we complete the mentioned challenge of having all masters at max level?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

As you level your Master up, you're able to upgrade the size of your Hideout. There are three sizes and they each support a different number of Masters (ranging from 2 to 4).

So there is no chance we can have 7 masters in one Hideout for an ultimate crafting benefit?

The question then arises: How can we complete the mentioned challenge of having all masters at max level?

You will likely have the option to kick masters out of a hideout to replace them with new ones. Or switch hideouts and stock new masters in it.
Bring back race seasons.
"
Chris wrote:

does this mean that you cannot use all of the 7 masters within one league? So in order to complete the challenge for the new masters, you have to play both leagues and choose different masters?
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the extra details... I'll read it in more depth when I have time, but I have one initial question that I don't need answered but might need to be considered:

How do you think RMTers will try to exploit the following?

"

Masters as Vendors
Like regular NPCs, Masters can sell you items. Unlike normal vendors, the items sold by Masters change once per day (at midnight UTC). Each Master sells some general items and some aligned with his underlying class.

In our current build, the following items are added to the Master's vendor inventory at these reputation levels. This may change!

Level 1: A few unidentified magic items
Level 2: One unidentified rare item
Level 3: Some gems
Level 4: One magic item with a new powerful mod
Level 5: One identified rare item
Level 6: Stacks of currency at a slightly better exchange rate than the current vendors
Level 7: A level 60+ base item.
Level 8: A chance of a unique item (generally a common one, but very occasionally a good one).

These are priced so that you don't want to buy everything in the shop each day from each vendor. You should check the vendor and buy the item if it's a good deal. For example, you wouldn't want to pay 5 Chaos Orbs for a Redbeak, but that'd be a great deal for a Dream Fragments.

Will we see Chinese Prison gaming farmers create 100s/1000s of accounts, quickly grind out the rep 24/7, check each account daily for the best value deals and/or most valuable on the market... and sell these items/services to time poor players via RMT or in-game service fees (Public Party: WTS Vorici Level 8 Crafting Services).

^ That is my last concern... honest. :)
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
So, will players be able to alter sockets on corrupted mirrored items? Or does the mirror aspect precede the corruption?
"
tehnix wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

does this mean that you cannot use all of the 7 masters within one league? So in order to complete the challenge for the new masters, you have to play both leagues and choose different masters?

You don't need a Master in your hideout to do quests for him/her. You can also find Masters as random encounters.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
many typos.
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info