More Forsaken Masters Information

"
Chris wrote:

The Shadow area now has a physical and an elemental section (rather than melee vs. spellcaster). This means that you don't need to decide on the attack vs. spell choice until much later in your character's development.

I loved my shadow EK, now no spell damage and I doubt the "physical" is going to be general physical. That's a pity EK were typical shadow skill.
WwowowOWOWOWOWOWOWoW

WOW, so much info.

:) :) GGG you are awesome.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
There is nothing in this manifesto that doesn't make me happy.

I am much excite.

How rare are these uniques from the merchant shops though? And are there some uniques that WILL NEVER be available through any of these master merchants, such as map only uniques?
"
iao wrote:
Hello Chris.

"
Chris wrote:
Passive Tree Changes

The Shadow area now has a physical and an elemental section (rather than melee vs. spellcaster). This means that you don't need to decide on the attack vs. spell choice until much later in your character's development.

Groups of elemental and weapon passives for the Witch, Shadow and Ranger have been improved so that they're more impactful and on more desirable routes.

There are plenty of other tree changes that we haven't described yet. We're still iterating on the tree and making more changes. We'll be releasing more information about the tree's new layout closer to release.

Since I don't have a direct way of suggesting this to you guys anymore, I'll say it here. It seems that much of the passive skill tree changes have left generic "projectile damage" and "spell damage" nodes out in favor for damage-type specific nodes. I think this is a bad choice that prevents characters that don't focus on specific damage types, but types of damage delivery.

Pigeonholing us into a choice between damage types rather than damage delivery-types reduces build diversity. For example, there have been builds cropping up that focus on stacking projectile damage increases to amplify Added Chaos Damage. Personally I think that's very cool.

Not only do I think you should reconsider this choice but I think you should also consider the inclusion of generic "melee damage" nodes. This could provide inspiration and means for new build types and gives another way to specialize in chaos damage for say Viper Strike. And if you were to put these anywhere, wouldn't the Dexterity/Intelligence area of the tree be the best place? GGG, please let me know what you think.

On another note, opening weapon specific nodes to damage types other than physical damage would also be very interesting. For example, "increased claw damage" nodes for people focusing on using the lower tier claws with implicit life gain on hit rather than life leech. This isn't as important as the above, just something to think about.

This, so much. I love the shadow starting area. This splitting into physical or elemental damage is streamlining and dumping the game down. Might have to kiss the idea of CI soulstrike chaos crit shaodw a goodbye if this is the new way of doing things. This change also hurts Glacial Cascade (part physical, part cold) since spell damage bolsters both of its damage types.

Also

"
Many MMORPGs have left people with a bad feeling towards daily quests because they feel penalised if they don't log in to do the quest each day. That's not the case here - you can just do an extra one the next day by finding the Master in the wilderness. There's also no limit to the number of missions you can do in a specific day.

Will not be the case. People will feel penalized even if you can encounter them randomly since the daily one gives more rep and is guaranteed.
Awesome! can't wait Kreygasm
"
Sarik wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

I loved my shadow EK, now no spell damage and I doubt the "physical" is going to be general physical. That's a pity EK were typical shadow skill.

It not being all Physical Damage would contradict the part of Chris' post you're quoting, though, as it would go against the intent of not forcing the player to make the attack-spell choice. Plus, making it all Physical Damage would provide Shadow with a unique identity, considering that there are very few nodes of Physical Damage on the current tree. You should feel the hype!
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
SmallGiant wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

As you level your Master up, you're able to upgrade the size of your Hideout. There are three sizes and they each support a different number of Masters (ranging from 2 to 4).

So there is no chance we can have 7 masters in one Hideout for an ultimate crafting benefit?

I like this so much that they should implement the capacity to have all 7 in one hideout, even if it has a high price to pay, ie. more levels, reps, GGG points, etc. - many of us would gladly do that. This way is more attractive and unique, adding nice touch to a long-awaited mini-expansion. ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael