Brace Yourselves: Imbalance May Be Coming

Brace Yourselves: Imbalance May Be Coming
A news article by me, posted on PoEArena.

Rather than copy it over and try to reformat it for this site, why not just throw a link and have you read it there.

It is a somewhat lengthy read but hopefully a good read. Hopefully it sparks a discussion.

http://poearena.com/index.php?/topic/84-brace-yourselves-imbalance-may-be-coming/
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Jul 31, 2014, 11:22:25 AM
I think most of what you say is true.

the new crafting system will impact the LLD scene a lot more than HLD, since most top HLDers already have/aim for mirrored/multiple t1 items to be competitive. So while the HLD scene is for veteran/rich/rmt part of the population, the LLD scene should be more accessible. Somehow it does not feel so now for a number of reasons. IMO good-very good LLD gear is harder to find than HDL at least on standard - very few people actually sell rares in the 25-28 lvl range, and even less try to craft top LLD items, while u can see an array of mirroring service threads for any kind of item/mod combo u can think of for HLD. The crafting system will simply offer better LLD items to all at a small cost - this makes the build and player skill a more dominant factor in pvp than gear (since most - all will have solid gear).

As for the linking/socketing/chroming of corrupted items I am not sure where I stand. I welcome the possibility for easier obtaining good corruptions. But somehow I feel PoE is becoming Path of Easy.

Want life on that solid ring that drooped - spend 3 chaos orbs
want a +1 6L carcass jack - make it first +1 than 6L than re-chrome it.
want a 6L - spend 1500 fus and get it instantly

I don't really like that
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 1, 2014, 6:20:04 AM
"
Want life on that solid ring that drooped - spend 3 chaos orbs
want a +1 6L carcass jack - make it first +1 than 6L than re-chrome it.
want a 6L - spend 1500 fus and get it instantly

I don't really like that

While I see the problem this could create for lld (and I am not really sure it really is a problem) but for hld and the game in general I think this is a great thing. As it is now only rich players get to craft as a failed craft would totally ruin a poor player. With those changes everyone will have the chance to do some limited crafting without that risk of totally going broke. They said that it in average still will be more cost efficient to craft normally.

I really can't see that as anything other than a way to open up a part for more players. There is nothing new or game changing in it. If you already are rich and can craft then that is still what you will do because that will be the most cost efficient way.

For hld pvp this will probably just be a good thing as it could increase the PvP population.
Last edited by Grildrak on Aug 1, 2014, 6:51:10 AM
I think the tree change alone makes this a very exciting and overwhelmingly positive expansion.
And being able to switch at least 1 color on a +1 to all gems item will be nothing but a good thing in low level dueling.

If you can go as far as actually crafting the armor while it is corrupted to the point of changing mods, or the # of sockets or links, then maybe that would demolish the price of some of our most prized low level rares ...

However as long as they are very careful with what they change, and don't make it easy to just whip up a rare like the one above, then perhaps it will be worth having more people obtaining the correct items to duel with, after all dueling is about dueling, its not a fucking GEAR dick-waving contest.
Last edited by Pillowapnts on Aug 1, 2014, 6:59:37 AM
Last edited by VZ58 on May 15, 2020, 1:49:48 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
you cannot get Tyrannical because it is the highest possible bracket for phys %. Any top bracket for any mod at it's highest ilvl cannot be acquired through vendors. That sounds fair enough for pvers who were concerned it may be OP, but where does that leave us, the LLDers who can now grab an ilvl 36 item and craft top life? top physical damage? anything we unlock?

Whenever you craft a mod onto an item, it adjusts the required level appropriate to the mod. This is exactly the same as how trans/alts/chaos/regal/exa etc. work. Rolling (or crafting) a high-level mod incurs a high level requirement.

Edit: Evidently I misunderstood GreenDude's concern. As a matter of balance, then, I defer to Carl:

"
Qarl wrote:
Our goal is to make it so you easily get pretty good PVP gear, but its not possible to immediately get the best PVP gear. Getting good level 28 gear is a problem for new players. Getting them to where they feel they could win a match is important. We still want a player, once they get into PVP, to still want better gear and not have what they want yet.
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Aug 4, 2014, 12:23:21 AM
"
Rhys wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
you cannot get Tyrannical because it is the highest possible bracket for phys %. Any top bracket for any mod at it's highest ilvl cannot be acquired through vendors. That sounds fair enough for pvers who were concerned it may be OP, but where does that leave us, the LLDers who can now grab an ilvl 36 item and craft top life? top physical damage? anything we unlock?

Whenever you craft a mod onto an item, it adjusts the required level appropriate to the mod. This is exactly the same as how trans/alts/chaos/regal/exa etc. work. Rolling (or crafting) a high-level mod incurs a high level requirement.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood GreenDude, Rhys.

Right now the best ilvl for crafting LLD gear is ilvl 36 because every mod withing those brackets will give you a lvl requirement of lvl 28. Always.

So if the bench can give us ilvl 36 mods, we essentially get the tier 1 mods available for LLD gear while keeping our items at lvl 28 and it is going to be significantly easier to make really good gear.

LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Aug 3, 2014, 9:20:43 PM
Yea I think he either misunderstood me or he is not aware that ilvl 36 gear is lvl 28 req regardless of mods you get.

We were not concerned about the lvl req. We are concerned about being able to roll the top life for lvl 28 gear (which just so happens to be ilvl 36)

At ilvl 37, some stats will knock the lvl req above 28 Rhys. But 36 is golden.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
GreenDude wrote:
Yea I think he either misunderstood me or he is not aware that ilvl 36 gear is lvl 28 req regardless of mods you get.

I really hope its the former and not the latter. GGG isnt oblivious of how LLD works are they? some confirmation would be nice.
Bros! don't complain! you'd rather they take this crafting option away from us? Or it not be available at all? This is like the best thing to happen to LLD since que.

Everyone gets T1.5 gear! THAT'S AWESOME! The initial gear check was always the worst part of LLD and got in the way of actually pvping.
I say this as someone who's spent 2 years acquiring LLD gear that may now be available to ANYONE with a crafting table with some time and effort, I don't even care I think it's great and should make LLD very accessible for any player and really grow the LLD scene.

Forsaken Masters HYPE!
Last edited by Lordsidro on Aug 3, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info