Brace Yourselves: Imbalance May Be Coming

Updated my previous post.

Spoiler

"But it was all just a misunderstanding...!"
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Aug 4, 2014, 12:43:26 AM

@Lordsibro: Note theres a distinct difference between feedback and complaining. It's important to know that the post I wrote does not in anyway mean that I am against the crafting tables. I'm all for making LLD more accessible to new users but not at the expense of "end game LLD" where you try to reach perfection/character progression.
IGN: @GreenDude
my name had a D in it btw not a B greenBuBe
"

@Lordsibro: Note theres a distinct difference between feedback and complaining. It's important to know that the post I wrote does not in anyway mean that I am against the crafting tables. I'm all for making LLD more accessible to new users but not at the expense of "end game LLD" where you try to reach perfection/character progression.

Corruptions are the perfection I believe.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Aug 4, 2014, 1:14:57 AM
"
Rhys wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
you cannot get Tyrannical because it is the highest possible bracket for phys %. Any top bracket for any mod at it's highest ilvl cannot be acquired through vendors. That sounds fair enough for pvers who were concerned it may be OP, but where does that leave us, the LLDers who can now grab an ilvl 36 item and craft top life? top physical damage? anything we unlock?

Whenever you craft a mod onto an item, it adjusts the required level appropriate to the mod. This is exactly the same as how trans/alts/chaos/regal/exa etc. work. Rolling (or crafting) a high-level mod incurs a high level requirement.

Edit: Evidently I misunderstood GreenDude's concern. As a matter of balance, then, I defer to Carl:

"
Qarl wrote:
Our goal is to make it so you easily get pretty good PVP gear, but its not possible to immediately get the best PVP gear. Getting good level 28 gear is a problem for new players. Getting them to where they feel they could win a match is important. We still want a player, once they get into PVP, to still want better gear and not have what they want yet.

Rhys if you really want them to feel like the have a chance at all its the weapon crafting that's going matter in my experience, not a top life or res roll. I can't speak to what you guys have in store for weapon crafting benches but, being able to craft an AT LEAST 3 stat weapon (IPD,APD,&Hybrid or IAS) from (alt, aug, regal, crafting bench) would really go a long way to giving them a chance.
Super excited for Forsaken Masters!
Looking forward to offering more LLD feedback as needed.
I noticed from the crafting bench picture in the news post that the life roll being offered (55-64 maximum life) does not exactly correspond to the range of the level 36 top LLD life roll range, "Rotund" (60-69 life). I wonder if this -5 offset is what Qarl (as quoted by Rhys) considers the difference between "good" and "best" gear? I guarantee that no LLDer is going to complain about the loss of 5 life in exchange for the reliability of bench crafting!

As Lord pointed out though, this could be the best thing to happen to the LLD scene because it will make gear more accessible. Hell, I'll bench craft good LLD items en masse and sell them at cost if it will get more people playing!

And for the veterans, it will just raise the bar for top-tier (but still obtainable) gear from top rolls to top rolls plus a good corrupt.
"
GreenDude wrote:

...I'm all for making LLD more accessible to new users but not at the expense of "end game LLD" where you try to reach perfection/character progression.

Don't the crafting tables only apply a single mod? They just lower the bar for end game LLD gear to require 5 perfect stats instead of 6. Seems fine to me, especially since LLD is supposed to cater more towards newer players anyway.
"
Lordsidro wrote:
my name had a D in it btw not a B greenBuBe

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Sibro!!!
you are forever Sibro to me now.
Hey, I wasnt complaining at all. I just wanted to get a more accurate statement out so we have a better idea of what to expect.

I for one have prepared a bunch of items ttat need just 1 mod to become really good.

Now the problem is how am I supposed to level all the masters in HC while I dedicate my time to the new league :P. I guess just leveling the masters to get the first few benefits shouldn't be that hard.

I'm also really excited for the new mods that will be bench only because I think they will possibly open up new builds that we can explore.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Aug 4, 2014, 2:23:15 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
I'd like to leave you with this screenshot and thought:
Tornado Shot + Trap = Ball is directly on you so 3 projectile hit you?

Right now there is no projectile attack that can shotgun, there's no reason to think that tornado shot will be different.
Last edited by Scol91 on Aug 4, 2014, 3:09:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info