Crezury's 906k dps Skull army build

nerf is all but a surprise. It was OP as shit, and with only 20 % nerf and the new tree, pretty sure you don't lose that much...
IGN TylordRampage
Ok so since so many ppl ask i gonna answer to some of their questions now, gonna add them later to the guide on the front:

A skill tree for 1.5. would probably look something like this. Not worth to pick up the additional duration nodes, dont like battle rouse that much either, gotta see. Also need to check the life, if it's too low the build gonna have some serious problems. If it's "too high" just get some cast speed and such. Biggest nerf to the build is not the 20% dmg reduction but the nerf to the aura nodes. 60% auras cost roughly 28% mana now. With clarity having a higher mana cost its somewhat pointless to run MoM if you dont take Alpha's howl. Probably needs some high es/ev/life pieces now to have a high enough amount of unreserved mana. I also just thought about droping MoM/IR etc. and travel trough the es circle above the scion (not thorugh evasion), get a lightning coil and some more life nodes. CI is definetly still not a good choice for this build. With this new build we have also another problem: it has ~60 less strength so you wanna watch out for some good jewellery or so.
On the lowlife topic: probably not able to get enough mana regen.
With the nerf to the damage of srs and no changes to the minions attackspeed (or did i miss somthing) i also have to redo my calcuation for anger/wrath(probably still not worth since they get nerfed as well).
So yeah the damage will be lower but in which cases and how much will it matter?

For aoe setup it pretty much gonna be 20% lower. Care? A bit, but not too much. The damage before was just insane. You just gonna see a difference in maps where you dont kill mobs with 1 multistrike combo anyways. So that wont happen before maplvl 76 anyways if you have decent gear.

For single target setup i dont really care about the nerf. I mean, you saw me clear atziri that fast. That was a lvl 2 empower, not 4. That's all i need to say about that i guess.

That's all for now, hope i didnt miss anything. Gonna be gone for a while and can't answer questions in the meantime.
Don't forget with a bit of switching links around we'll be able to have generosity+hatred.Should compensate a bit for the aura nerfs.Also with good ES gear discipline is total overkill so that could be dropped eventually.
"
sharukathan wrote:
Biggest nerf to the build is not the 20% dmg reduction but the nerf to the aura nodes. 60% auras cost roughly 28% mana now.

Since it's now confirmed that Generosity works for allies (which includes minions) I think that may alleviate the aura dmg nerf to an extent. The wiki doesn't list any mana multiplier for it so if it doesn't increase the mana reserved that would be best case scenario. At level 20 it supposedly has 39% aura effectiveness increase. And if you want to run a Dying Breath staff until you have something better - you get another 18% aura buff on top of the curse effectiveness buff it grants already.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Last edited by liquidSG on Aug 20, 2014, 3:42:27 AM
Last edited by pigi_95 on Aug 20, 2014, 4:54:44 AM
I am sorry pigi but that build is very much so unattainable and tries to compensate on to many things. Spreading yourself thin like that will cause for mediocre stats in both offensive and defensive stats.

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAv6zVyu9gm0ZCPQi9H0YwFRsC-yKa9tqQ7zqDY0c3H_GkyfBxbQM7BiycEZxcLtilYMJ4YjZEypTb54dqi9vykrxs8M6S1ebtcDjGYr7CfbaGo-3PkGH-eiCxyj60_vr7pitqH2a4LiTWpFFnacIaqxTUp2uGmwWbySqNunjavrSFy9k54bRVdYksICkLJymrA186rpXyc8yWW1fmG6qtfI1kti9_gqmV03j_o_yRTrhU6UMXxynxq5JsdfP-TfviCY8FvMvnQ==

this tree seems a lot more feasible and will give you more life/ES.
It is then your choice if you want to go for EB or not. In my oppinion it will be better to run a ES/Life hybrid. Ofcourse you can also start off using EB and then transition out of it in later levels.

IGN: NoInspirationHere
Last edited by pusLe on Aug 20, 2014, 10:02:44 AM
"
pusLe wrote:

this tree seems a lot more feasible and will give you more life/ES.
It is then your choice if you want to go for EB or not. In my oppinion it will be better to run a ES/Life hybrid. Of course you can also start off using EB and then transition out of it in later levels.

Take a look at mine. More life, more ES, 90% skill duration and 1% max fire resist on my tree.
-----------------
After theory crafting and talking in other threads I agree the Life/ES hybrid is better. Those hyrbid nodes provide enough of each that a rare ES chest with life will be better than more life/MoM cloak.

This is a 107pt tree I believe I'll do.

It's the gems that's been getting me. I want Discipline in there now because of the insane ES it'll provide but the aura nerf makes that difficult.

2 options. Either put clarity on BM OR use alpha's howl. Then there's further option of damage mitigation setup. I currently self cast Immortal Call and have enduring cry on cwdt.

Gems using On BM Clarity
Spoiler

BM - RM - Clarity - AA
RM - Hatred - Haste - Discipline (can't use generosity, there's no room)
Chest: 5L Increased duration - Vaal Haste - Flesh Offering - Vaal Discipline - Immortal call
1 slot from chest: Curse (elemental weakness)
2L: CWDT - Enduring Cry
2L: Spell Totem - Arc

or

BM - RM - Clarity - AA
Chest 4L: RM - Curse - Haste - Discipline
2link from chest: Arc - Spell totem
4L: RM - Generostiy - Hatred - ?? (empower perhaps)
Not possible to item switch for potential CWDT setup

Gems using Alpha's Howl
Spoiler
Helm: RM - Haste - Clarity - Discipline
4L: RM - Generosity - Hatred - Curse
Chest 5L : Increased Duration - Vaal Haste - Vaal Discipline - Immortal Call - Flesh Offering
Chest 1L : AA
4L: CWDT - Enduring Cry ; Spell totem - Arc (hard colors to get on pure ES but achievable)

RM - Generosity - Hatred - Curse
Helm: RM - Clarity - Discipline - Haste
Chest: 4L Increased duration - Vaal Haste - Flesh Offering - Vaal Discipline
2link from chest: AA - ?? Where ?? can be portal or empower or another vaal gem
4L: Spell Totem - Arc - Blind - Faster Casting (many variations here: Item Rarity - Culling Strike)
The final 4L could be swapped for an item with CWDT setup
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Aug 20, 2014, 4:55:08 PM
I ended up doing this. Based on discussions with matrixfactor and others he came up with a tree that works great. I paired it down to fit my level.

My gear and gem setup
Spoiler

Need a lot of mana regen on jewelry. Needed the alpha's howl and clarity on BM. I'll be swapping rings around to get life too.
Currently have about 3.9K life and around 3.5K (i think) ES.
1480 mana with about 145 unreserved. Mana regen is somewhere around 288 and can just support lvl 20 arctic armor and casting.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Aug 21, 2014, 12:14:23 PM
Just curious, but why do you get the Inner force node and the elemental equilibrium?? Kinda confused on that
passive plxxx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info