Who keeps coming up with these weird decisions on "improvements"

"
Khisanth wrote:
I am glad that GGG doesn't do what some horrible F2P companies do by trying to push players towards the shop all the time

My first thought when reading this was, "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPEND your astral diamonds here!!!!!!"

Yeah GGG...don't do this.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
I'm personally confused about the idea to change the girls in the first place. They mentioned making them less obstructive or something, but who honestly notices them if they're not just farting around in town or something. You have GIGANTIC BLUE AND RED BALLS to look at, they're pretty hard to obstruct.

I don't think that is the real reason. I think GGG is trying to gain some new markets or customers that might find the old UI a bit too much. Personally, I think the old "statues" are much better, and I would really dislike GGG forcing a change on us.

Now, if GGG wanted to add some options, and let the players choose between a couple UI elements, I would be happy with that. One of the options should be the choice to choose the "classic" UI. Another might be to choose Kaom on one side and Hyrri on the other. If GGG made this a paid option, I would gladly accept that, especially if it allowed me to turn certain UI elements on or off. For instance, being able to turn the map mods off while still showing the map overlay, or turning off the friends notifications "xxx left the game, xxx joined the game" when I am checking item levels or such.

I think GGG should allow the player to choose two small buttons under the new bigger "MENU" button. Sometimes you want to check something quick while playing and clicking a button to open a window to click a button to show a choice takes up too much time and window real estate.

For example - sometimes I like being able to click the "challenges" button to quickly see if I need to complete a certain one that a friend or guild mate might be messaging about. Other times I want to quickly be able to check quests to see if a certain quest reward is available on one of my alts. I know these are minor things, but the current menu buttons offer quick access and I'd hate to lose that. Even two player choice buttons would allow the player to quickly access things they want.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I work in UI design so in my opinion, this is why they wanted to change "the girls" :

CLARITY.

The globes are there to show you in real time, how much health / mana you have to make educated gameplay decisions. Any other function is secondary at best (girls, boys, dogs...)

So right now, with the girls, are you really SURE you can tell the difference between 15% of health and 10% at a quick glance? I am not. That is a bit of a problem in a game with hardcore mode.

So the goal was in my opinion noble. However, the resistance was too great, so they submit.
"
aldorus wrote:
I work in UI design so in my opinion, this is why they wanted to change "the girls" :

CLARITY.

The globes are there to show you in real time, how much health / mana you have to make educated gameplay decisions. Any other function is secondary at best (girls, boys, dogs...)

So right now, with the girls, are you really SURE you can tell the difference between 15% of health and 10% at a quick glance? I am not. That is a bit of a problem in a game with hardcore mode.

So the goal was in my opinion noble. However, the resistance was too great, so they submit.

Frankly, if you have asked me what was around the glove in current UI BEFORE GGG showed a screenshot, I would have say "nothing, no ?".
IGN TylordRampage
The only UI improvement they need to do is display the percentage of mana/life in brackets behind the flat numbers, kinda like this:

800/5200 HP (15,38%/100%)

That way people can better see if they get low life status and see how much health they still have remaining if they use a flask with for example 'consumes 10% of maximum life blah whatever on use' and they know they won't die.

The rest of the UI is already good enough, maybe clean up the left button side like they did. Keep chained women, $-button and colour of the frame (bronze).

And to GGG, you said you need to write 'shop' because other languages can't display the $ sign? Lol, just make it a picture and not something written which gets changed according to the keyboard layout you have chosen^^
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)
if you would have read his post he explains that those changes are where they wanting the feel of the game to move to. You have no clue what feel the new expansion will give or 2.0.

now why judge the UI for a theme you don't know?

it was stated they are moving the theme to more of a roman Idea, and looking at act 3 this is already very apparent, and the UI looks out of place for the game.

as a developer myself I know how hard changes are.

1. if you don't change the game gets stale and dies

2. when you change people get but hurt while they get used to the new style, and it opens up more creative juices for the other developers in the team so they can come up with more ideas, after they squeezed the old theme's sponge dry.

I say keep up the good work. the change is needed i'm sure for future plans, and to keep current people engaged, and newer players coming in.
"
ventiman wrote:
ppl complain about the chat layout for 2 years now they want it resizable open trade chat kills fps on most machines countless complains in feedback
there is a small minority asking for colourblind support

i havent read a single complain about the look of the ui

why would you dump resources in an aspect that is perfectly fine for your customers ?

The current chat system is anemic and needs a major overhaul.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
you start this topic now? ppl done this kind of threads years ago... useless

ggg is only adding easy stuff they dont try or bother with implementing something usefull such as an new trade system or a " search " feature for stash boxes, no they want us to use external tools becouse its easier for them, they dont ahve to work on smth new can insteand add more cosmetics and bling bling shit remake the ui to garbage poe downgrade 2014
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Aug 3, 2014, 12:44:04 AM
"
b15h09 wrote:
Thing is, I could get over the absolute downgrade proposed for the UI, if it weren't for all the neglected areas. Some sort of inventory filter or sort feature? Yes please. Old man balls hugging my mana ball? No thanks.

Is that your argument? That you're homofobic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info