Who keeps coming up with these weird decisions on "improvements"

"
Warmey wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
Old man balls hugging my mana ball? No thanks.

lol. true

You know, someone thought this through at HQ. They went to Chris and said, look at the new UI, we got them new statues.

And Chris probably said: Look aiiight.

LOOKS AIIGHT!??! I'd be like, WTF are you guys on? Put back dem girls.

1 free stash tab for those 2 players :-)
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
GGG is a bunch of people working on the game they love. When one of your friends (who you also employ) looks to you and says "What can I do now?" and all he can do is design UI improvements you say "Why don't you try to make some changes to the UI?". The guy goes "Great! I've wanted to make a few changes!" And he does.

That's probably the level of it.

Well it's not like there is no work on other fields to be done that actually has a need for it. A new UI would be the last thing on my list, not too many games change the UI after a release unless it's ultrabad. The worst thing about the UI is chat and the chat icons but those just stay, that's where my logic and a lot of others go and that's why we're quite disappointed in a change that overall looks worse than before.

But yeh I think they didn't expect this rage, but to me it's no more than logic.
"
Warmey wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
A lot of the changes are sound, even if some things are ugly.

You call changing the girls to some random statues, sound?!?

I mean, wtf. What possible reason there is in changing that. There is no issue, everyone sees the globes, just fine. How does it help me in having those previous statues.

Is ideas like that make people rise an eyebrow. What's the deal.

I mean, sure, play around with balance, improve pre-existing art, etc. Improve technical stuff, but wtf was wrong with statues. They fit perfectly with the ambiance, the lore, the slaves.

I call changing the girls an ugly thing, but I wouldn't care if they find an appropiate change.

And you talked about more than the girls. A lot of changes are good ideas, like the new menu (one click more but easier to read). It needs polish, but...God, people can be so self righteous...

"
leto2626 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
GGG is a bunch of people working on the game they love. When one of your friends (who you also employ) looks to you and says "What can I do now?" and all he can do is design UI improvements you say "Why don't you try to make some changes to the UI?". The guy goes "Great! I've wanted to make a few changes!" And he does.

That's probably the level of it.

Well it's not like there is no work on other fields to be done that actually has a need for it. A new UI would be the last thing on my list, not too many games change the UI after a release unless it's ultrabad. The worst thing about the UI is chat and the chat icons but those just stay, that's where my logic and a lot of others go and that's why we're quite disappointed in a change that overall looks worse than before.

But yeh I think they didn't expect this rage, but to me it's no more than logic.

We have seen superficial improvements to the UI. There was a thread with a complete list of possible changes to the game for readability. I expect a lot of quality of life improvements. You don't see beyond teasers.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 29, 2014, 7:17:27 PM
While the new mana/life statues did look a bit out of place, I'm all for one male/one female statues, as long as they're integrated a bit better. The ones they showed look really small compared to the huge red/blue ball.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
I'm personally confused about the idea to change the girls in the first place. They mentioned making them less obstructive or something, but who honestly notices them if they're not just farting around in town or something. You have GIGANTIC BLUE AND RED BALLS to look at, they're pretty hard to obstruct.

The "shop" button though, who cares? There's already a dollar sign button in the exact same place. It isn't going to distract me any more than it already does (IE: not at all).

Regarding the shop button I was actually thinking GGG has done too good of a job of making it hidden in plain sight. It is really easy to not notice the button. I've been playing since CB but I've frequently forgotten the button is there. I am glad that GGG doesn't do what some horrible F2P companies do by trying to push players towards the shop all the time but I think the current shop button is a bit too far in the opposite direction. Also as Chris pointed out $ is not a universal currency symbol.

"
Yogabba wrote:
Probably trying to expand into the Arab world so they have to remove the sexually charged stuff. When companies first start out they rebel and boast about not wanting to sell out and that they have a specific vision.

BUT once they get used to the money they want MORE so they compromise that vision. This always happens and we are seeing the beginning of it with GGG. It is a mistake though in this day and age where people discuss everything endlessly. If you lose your integrity then you will never live it down.

Uh ... lunaris temple is going to be a problem with those tentacle and whipping miscreations. The rest of the miscreations also seem to be naked as well.

During a recent State of Exile Chris also mentioned the next place they were launching is Taiwan. Seems unlikely they would be going for two places at once.
"
Warmey wrote:
"
b15h09 wrote:
Old man balls hugging my mana ball? No thanks.

You know, someone thought this through at HQ. They went to Chris and said, look at the new UI, we got them new statues.

And Chris probably said: Looks aiight.

LOOKS AIIGHT!??! I'd be like, WTF are you guys on? Put back dem girls.

That. Was beautiful.
They put it back though, The old globe art. Chris wants to make a Long term ''Change'' which I'm worried for the UI.

The UI is fine as it is aka don't fucking fix it if there's nothing wrong with it lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 29, 2014, 11:07:30 PM
This thread sure is spawning a lot of hate eh. I mean really, is this much resentment necessary?

More on topic, I don't really care what they do with the UI. The smaller, sleeker, and more out of the way the better IMO.
"
HasuKishi wrote:

More on topic, I don't really care what they do with the UI. The smaller, sleeker, and more out of the way the better IMO.

Not to be a dick but I feel like this mentality is what ultimately made D3 what it was. You can't sacrifice everything for efficiency. PoE has a bulky, almost garish aesthetic by most modern standards but that's what makes it stand out IMO.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
HasuKishi wrote:

Not to be a dick but I feel like this mentality is what ultimately made D3 what it was. You can't sacrifice everything for efficiency. PoE has a bulky, almost garish aesthetic by most modern standards but that's what makes it stand out IMO.

I don't what everything like this, just the UI :P. I like the look and style of the PoE graphics, although some people play in Path of Runescape graphics, for efficiency. I feel that the more blended into the atmosphere and out of the way the UI is, the less it will interfere with the looks of the actual game. However, people are bound to have different opinions on this. Maybe have the option o switch between the current, more fanciful UI and a more minimalistic one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info