[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Starter Friendly Surge Trapper | Working on 1.3!

Hi level 81 now with this build
End up at 4000 life 550 es with crappy gear and this varation off the tree :

More AOE is so nice with fire trap and Flame surge.

Just want to add that quality on firetrap and increaseburning damage is so good (mulitrap not bad either).

I am also using the bear trap unique shield : power charges are cool too.

Tell me what you think about this variation of the tree.

Chery on the cake : the 5% bonus to buff on you make deerstalker give you au huge 31% movspeed instead of 30% Isn't it the most OP build since 1.2 ?
That is actually quite interesting. I was too focused on the scion wheel of life, that I forgot how strong those life nodes near the templar actually are. I'm liking that tree a lot more than my old one.

Also, it allows us to pick up Acobatics and phase Acrobatics.

This is the next build I'm going to finetune, keep an eye on this build coming days!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
Mac_Cloud wrote:

Just want to add that quality on firetrap and increaseburning damage is so good (mulitrap not bad either).

I am also using the bear trap unique shield : power charges are cool too.

Tell me what you think about this variation of the tree.

Chery on the cake : the 5% bonus to buff on you make deerstalker give you au huge 31% movspeed instead of 30% Isn't it the most OP build since 1.2 ?

I respecced to this tree and it is more powerful overall, the main benefits that stand out are the extra AOE and increased burning damage cluster which make a big difference in dps and allow you to link a conc. effect to both skills without needing an AOE gem to comepnsate.

The downside is you lose the "Thrill Killer" and "Hired Killer" clusters which do affect survivability and mana more than you'd think, I grabbed the couple of "Soul Siphon" mana nodes which fixed the mana problems for me, and survivability isn't really an issue either with a decent life pool which bring me to my next point.

An addition I made to the tree is grabbing the Dodge cluster, this was before I resppected the whole tree and overall I do feel a lot more tanky than without it since I didn't have that much armour or ES to begin with, I recommend still using a Granite+Jade combo for the hard hitters since you can get K.O'd by a couple of big hits if you're not careful.

A note on Acrobatics + EB for CoD users: I've found this combo to not be worth it since whatever small amount of ES you'll have after taking Acro (500~) won't be worth taking 4 points to go to EB, you could get about the same amount of mana by just taking some nice mana nodes that give the benefit of extra regen, and you get to keep your small ES pool for a bit of damage mitigation.

105 points:

*Note the 3 extra mana nodes aren't nesecery, they're there for Cloak of Defiance and possibly AA
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Sep 2, 2014, 7:06:50 AM
"
Catharsis wrote:
"
Mac_Cloud wrote:

A note on Acrobatics + EB for CoD users: I've found this combo to not be worth it since whatever small amount of ES you'll have after taking Acro (500~) won't be worth taking 4 points to go to EB, you could get about the same amount of mana by just taking some nice mana nodes that give the benefit of extra regen, and you get to keep your small ES pool for a bit of damage mitigation.

*Note the 3 extra mana nodes aren't nesecery, they're there for Cloak of Defiance and possibly AA

I love these trees! I'm going to drop the dodge cluster though and move 4 points below EB a bit further up, it will mean only two points extra for EB - and since I also try to run AA now and then I really need the extra pool for both CoD and AA.

Last edited by Astaroth_PoD on Sep 2, 2014, 7:35:10 AM
I am trying another kind of tree too, I keep some point from original build, but got that extra AoE, life (chaos resist), from Templar's start.

I don't want to loose flame surge's effectiveness, so I did not refound Fire Walker & Elemental Dominion (from early withc tree).

I don't know what's the problem with mana. On half regen maps I use 1 mana flask instead of Evasion, on no regen maps I use 2 mana flasks instead of Evasion and Quicksilver flasks. And it's hard enough to keep spamming my traps (and we didn't talk about traps recharge time...)

Current tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcEswceB2MI9A2NDkgQWBGWEmkUTRZvFxwYZRo4Gmwc3B8CIbAi9CSqJpUpTyqNLJwulDIYMjQ09zY9NsU22DbpOlg8BT1fRXxG10kbSVFMs1JTUzFVS1XGXcZd8mHiYqxqQ2wLbIxtGXBRcXl2b36wf8aDOIPbh2WLjIw2kFWVLpeFl5WXl5f0nWOdqp2un9-iAKSxpwinhKyYr7ezA7Q4tMW1BMBUy73YJNhU2-fhc-Nq44TkIuUZ5Y7sOOxV7SDvfPAf8NXxbPv1

My next 3 points will go to Entropy circle (45% DoT bonus).

And this is my current equip, after few upgrades:
I am still looking at a way to increase defence without using EB/MoM/AA.
Found 2 ways :

the 3 flask effect passives above witch with insta divine flask will help a lot

found somewhere in this forum this skill setup : multitrap + conversion trap + inc duration : works very well against fast anoying rares like thoses damn disargers. I must sacrifice culling for this (but i found myself not using it a lot) and this is an other fun mecanic to add on the build. (trap anoying rares, clean pack then lay firetraps / surge trap on their foots at the end off convertion time...)
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww man, I just found this boots on PoE wiki.. It could boost so hard this build.. Or not, cuz u lost 1 link from surge.. :/

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gang's_Momentum

Why not gloves.... =(((((
Why does everyone seem to be ignoring crit with this build? Our spells have decent base crit % - what about a nice searing touch crit build like this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcEswVCBx4I9A5ID8QQWBGWFE0WbxpsHRQe8CSqJpUqjSycLR8yGDY9Ntg26TpYO3w8BT1fQZZFfEbXSRtJUUyzUlNTMVVLVcZYrltZXcZd8mHiYqxqQ2yMbRlwUXBScNV2b36wf8aDOIPbh2WJ04uMjDaPRo_6lSCVLpeVl5eX9JuhnWOdqp-0n9-iAKKjpLGsmK6zswO0OLTFtQS3dbjKuZPAVMHzwwnQ9dhU2-fhc-Nq44TkIuUZ5Y7r9exV7SDuFe988NXxbPId99f60vv1

375% crit chance
150% crit multiplier

You also still get to keep:

128 % increased Elemental Damage
16 % increased Spell Elemental Damage
117 % increased Fire Damage
20 % increased Area Damage
6 % increased Cast Speed
16 % increased Elemental Damage with Spells
40 % increased Radius of Area Skills
12 % increased Spell Damage
56 % increased Trap Damage

Can the burning damage really do more than such a huge amount of crit?
Last edited by thevidon on Sep 5, 2014, 11:11:46 AM
Check last few posts, they are working on harder survivability, instead of pure fire dmg, and building on Damage over time (burning) instead of flmae surges 'instant dmg'.

With your skill tree you get some extra crit, but 140% life gets you so squishy it's not a good point at all in hardcore, not even softcore, if you want to run higher maps. And you lost for crit both the life nods and acrobatics + ondar.

It can works if you don't want to go on higher maps, but..

I run some 73-75, and my 4k life, with 700 ES, max stack res (even on elemental weakness maps) barely enough to get trough sometimes and I use cwdt-enduring-ice wall & cwdt-immortal-devouring-desecrate.. That's a higher defensive method than pewpewpew's, and it's even not enough sometimes.

So I think that's too glasscanon for this kinda gameplay.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcEswceB2MI9A2NDkgQWBGWEmkUTRZvFxwYZRo4Gmwc3B8CIbAi9CSqJpUpTyqNLJwulDIYMjQ09zY9NsU22DbpOlg8BT1fRXxG10kbSVFMs1JTUzFVS1XGXcZd8mHiYqxqQ2wLbIxtGXBRcXl2b36wf8aDOIPbh2WLjIw2kFWVLpeFl5WXl5f0nWOdqp2un9-iAKSxpwinhKyYr7ezA7Q4tMW1BMBUy73YJNhU2-fhc-Nq44TkIuUZ5Y7sOOxV7SDvfPAf8NXxbPv1

This is my current skill tree, and onyl the fire traps dmg enough to clear the fields on 74+ maps, if there are a magic pack then 1 fire trap + 1 surge, if there is rare boss than 1 fire trap + 1-3x3 flame surge. Also most of the boss dies from my fire trap + 3x3 flame surge when i'm soloing.
Last edited by KisBali on Sep 5, 2014, 11:25:01 AM
"
KisBali wrote:
Check last few posts, they are working on harder survivability, instead of pure fire dmg, and building on Damage over time (burning) instead of flmae surges 'instant dmg'.

With your skill tree you get some extra crit, but 140% life gets you so squishy it's not a good point at all in hardcore, not even softcore, if you want to run higher maps. And you lost for crit both the life nods and acrobatics + ondar.

It can works if you don't want to go on higher maps, but..

I run some 73-75, and my 4k life, with 700 ES, max stack res (even on elemental weakness maps) barely enough to get trough sometimes and I use cwdt-enduring-ice wall & cwdt-immortal-devouring-desecrate.. That's a higher defensive method than pewpewpew's, and it's even not enough sometimes.

So I think that's too glasscanon for this kinda gameplay.

Spoiler

This is my current skill tree, and onyl the fire traps dmg enough to clear the fields on 74+ maps, if there are a magic pack then 1 fire trap + 1 surge, if there is rare boss than 1 fire trap + 1-3x3 flame surge. Also most of the boss dies from my fire trap + 3x3 flame surge when i'm soloing.

Losing saboteur (which all of these new builds do) and blast radius gives us:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcEswVCBx4I9A5ID8QQWBGWFE0Wbxo4GmwdFCSqJpUpTyqNLJwtHzIYNj022DbpOlg7fDwFQZZFfEbXSRtJUUyzUzFVS1XGWK5bWV3GXfJh4mKsakNrF2yMcFFwUnDVdm9-sH_GgziD24dlidOLjIw2j0aP-pBVlSCVLpeXm6GdY52qn7Sf36IAoqOksaeErJius7MDtDi0xbUEuMq5k7zqwFTB88MJ0PXYVNvn4XPjauOE5CLlGeWO6_XsOOxV7SDvfPAf8NXxbPId99f60vv1

Right back at 169% life with the same crit stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info