[1.1.5]PewPewPews Cheap Starter Friendly Surge Trapper | Working on 1.3!

"
Heartbreaker? Is an option. I'll run some tests later on when I have the time. Anyways!

I don't have a lot of time today, so I'll just get this done for now.

Using the offline skill tree planner Mors posted, I came up with this tree

Shadow
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2pLEHY1VL5Y7LvWHinWMmlV3yDkjjhBGWNj1_xgcenaqio5UuYqxsjMHz8NW0xZUgSVHb5y0fcFEdT3ZvswM1uX6wMhgRUKcr2FRTMW0Zl_QI9FJTwFRqQz1fl5Uc3JMn74j5N9fPSbG0DLJwYpUqU-q6DXxXySj66-6a4EWdU1LaOoGvuNCxBS2LH8creCycEFiHZUyzBAeD21XGOlismPFsNthJGyqN7FUhsDT3l4UulPfXhEhca8NtRnGDCW-e8bNLV8DjykqIW28IsAs=

Note: You can not open this tree in the browser, make sure to open it using Mors' offline Skill tree planner.

Yes, I am aware the treeplanner might not be correct, but looking at the taiwanese tree, I see that there is barely any difference. I think a few numbers might be off, but that's it.

Anyways, first thoughts..
- Not getting those trap nodes all the way down there!
- I've got the feeling this tree is far more friendly towards hybrid builds
- We're getting some life/mana on kill nodes. This will most likely be the sustain this build needs.
- We lose a few AoE nodes, but that's okay. We increase in both offence/defence should make up for it.

I might drop a few nodes to get those AoE nodes if the need arises. I have not clue how the %life will affect ingame stats, but we'll see :)

I'll be back in 14 hours or so, with a new update if needed!

If you dont feel like downloading something, you can go to poebuilder.com, copy and paste the tree and click decode.
what unique shield would you suggest for end game ?
Jaws of agony is an easy damage upgrade, but honestly, a good shield with life and resists should be good.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
You're skipping Saboteur? Wouldn't dropping Unnatural Calm be an idea; Saboteur is only 3 points, so you could put the remaining 1 point into... I dunno, +30 str or dex.

Not that I expect to get anywhere near 109 points in the next league, but if I did... I sketched a completely different trap build with the idea of Fire Trap/Flame Surge, but I dunno if it's any good:

Edit: It can, theoretically, run both ES/EV and pure Evasion gear. I dunno how efficient that is though, Jack of All Trades tend to be bad at everything instead of really good at one thing.
Last edited by azaz on Aug 15, 2014, 11:08:28 PM
Have you ever attempted Atziri with this build?
Or is it senseless due to her immunity to be ignited?

How is your dps actually?
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee
I haven't been able to check out the tree myself since i'm still on Holiday but i heard multiple people mention there aren't a lot of life nodes near the Shadow area. Can you comment on this ?

Do you have a different setup for bosses or does this build have enough dps ?
Here's the Shadow area, with every "life" highlighted. The two straight up from the Shadow start are minion life nodes, so you can ignore those.

http://i.imgur.com/dqepxOj.jpg
Last edited by azaz on Aug 16, 2014, 6:38:14 AM
Lots of links not working ITT (in this thread).
Last edited by Crockett1 on Aug 17, 2014, 2:28:18 AM
Use poebuilder.com for them and they will. Or wait until they update the tree here.
"
Flame Surge: We have increased the width of the Flame Surge area of effect.

So... That's good.

Not much to say since the other skills seem untouched. There is a good chance FireTrap will be a replacement for Detonate Dead, so beware ;P

Updated the tree for the 1.2 release. All we need to do now is... wait!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info